Sign in to follow this  
westy

The bastard child.

Yeah... I'm not much looking forward to wiring the R32 VR6 into the touran... but I'm thinking I'm going to order that fancy cloth loom tape from Wurth (Coz I have an insider and get good prices B) ). Then Ze Chermans won't have to shoot me when they see what I've done to their machinery :lol:

Sounds a bit flash tbh :P

Very cool Tony, like your wiper/indicator setup, have often thought putting some E34/E36 ones in would be good, looks like yours are E39/E46

E46 Andy, come with the column.

Now, I'm looking for a small coolant tank with a small hose and a medium hose fittings. If anyone can think of something lemme know.

• Like 1

Is E30 325 MS one too big Tony ? or a Mark5 Golf

Edited by B.M.W Ltd

All the e30 things I've seen are too big, we're really running out of space with it. Haven't seen the VW one though.

Ideally looking for something about this size

post-674-0-18124000-1416251822.jpg

Apparently from a Nissan pick up but he doesn't know which one.

They look to have potential Glenn, thanks. Being a BMW piece might mean they're holding similar pressure too.

Before I fitted the f/l e30 tank, I used the e32 header tank. It worked fine but then I decided to route the wiring across the firewall a-la 318 style so it had to go.. might be an option?

Nn2Y7Q4.jpg

The e30 f/l tank sits high up on the inner fender and does not take up much room, managed to squeeze it in between the ABS pump and the p/s reservoir, cant you shuffle things around a bit to use one?

t3vWmbX.jpg

agree .. I went the e36 m3 external expansion tank. Serves the purpose nicely.

Before I fitted the f/l e30 tank, I used the e32 header tank. It worked fine but then I decided to route the wiring across the firewall a-la 318 style so it had to go.. might be an option?

The e30 f/l tank sits high up on the inner fender and does not take up much room, managed to squeeze it in between the ABS pump and the p/s reservoir, cant you shuffle things around a bit to use one?

t3vWmbX.jpg

I might be able to squeeze that in. Does it have 2 fittings? 1 about 6mm and 1 about 24mm?

How does the sensor work? <forgot to mention that bit hmmm...

Oh yeah, and I was hoping to put something on the other side of the bay seeing as that's the direction the hose from the pump runs. There's always some bloody thing...

Yes, it has those size pipes.

The outlet from the pump on the driver's side on mine goes to the bottom rad fitting. Am using a e28 M535 rad. The small pipe from the bottle goes to the top of the rad, the bottom goes to the rear of the motor where it T's into the pipe from the head to the heater matrix.

edit..

Your water pump has an outlet that goes to the waterbottle which is different to mine. You should be easily able to route it to the passenger side if you use the e30 bottle.

The sensor in the e30 bottle works much the same as the one at the bottom of the bottle normally used on the e39.

Edited by will

Righto, thanks Will. Got caught up thinking the E39/46 sensor was as flash as it looks. Simple on off switch is all it is.

Will run a tape over one and crossed fingers I can make it work.

So, there was a couple of loose ends with the wiring to tidy up, namely the tach and the coolant gauge. Didn't really know how I was going to tackle them but I thought I'd shove the CAN up it and whattayaknow? Tach now works and looks as though the coolant does too, although I wont really know for sure till I heat her up.

Which I can now do with one of the those coolant tanks Will was on about. So I'm wondering if I should try and pressurise it or let it overflow as an E30 would??

I also did this

post-674-0-39000800-1417403694.jpg

Been a busy weekend.

• Like 2

Like a V8 mate! Pretty basic with the E39 res and that Remus but surprisingly quiet and no drone yay.

Oh yeah, and I need a LSD, med case or a suitable crown and pinion with a ratio of 2.9-3.2, there or there abouts. I have a 3.64 LSD here I could swap, so if anyone knows of something lemme know.

nice work

I have a early e28 3.25lsd for sale

I am using a 2.93LSD, perfect balance between acceleration and cruising.

I know that Darren had one some time back (SRBMW). His number is 0211645663.

Thanks Will, will get in contact with him.

In other news, it left the garage for the first time in a while today. Seems so far to be fine. Still a bit to do before a proper drive but it made it to the letter box and back yay.

post-674-0-21902800-1417560639.jpg

post-674-0-00603000-1417560654.jpg

Bit of a different look too.

post-674-0-88729800-1417560665.jpg

• Like 8

So badass man .... Almost just begging for a clear perspects bonnet.

Time to power bulge the existing bonnet then :D

Are those speshul stripey wiper blades?

Where is your air filter? Or is it disguised as a water bottle? :ph34r:

That v8 looks right at home in between those strut towers.

They do, don't they! B)

mF4MghT.jpg

• Like 2

Cheeky....

Aint no way the e39 airbox will fit like yours. I'll poke it down in the void just in front of the wheel. Need a trumpet thingy CSL style.

Looking good, Tony! Are you going to fabricate the airbox or is there something available that'll fit?

What I'll likely do is blank off the rear and side of it and use the box it creates with a dirty old pod in it. I'll need to open the front of it like the CSL to let air in. Might even get some ram effect for more racecar!