Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

Mongrel E30 Race Car

Good sh*t, nice progress indeed. Jealous of your shocks and springs. Not jalousie of bearing removal. Looked a real bastard.

What colour is it going?

Yeah bearings and stuff were a PITA.

It is going to be zebra coloured. No sh*t.

Sweet as gimme a text.

Oh and sorry should make it a bit clearer, it will be painted 2k white. Then shelly will wrap it with zebra goodness.

Sweet as gimme a text.

Oh and sorry should make it a bit clearer, it will be painted 2k white. Then shelly will wrap it with zebra goodness.

badass! zebras rock

Just got back from the work shop.

Just been doing some more tidying up before the final coat of paint goes on.

Have gutted the front bumper, there is a bit of dead weight sitting in that thing!

Fitted 4x bonnet pins onto the bonnet and cut a shitload of junk out from underneath it.

Masked a few more holes.

Oh and, started on fabbing up my single wiper conversion. Going to use the rear wiper motor out of a mitsi galant hatch ( it doesn't have an actuator arm or whatever you wanna call it). It is almost like it was made to fit the front of an E30. Just needs a couple tabs welded onto the front of the fire wall and tada. Hopefully it works, I really should have tried it first.

More sanding and drilling holes (I wish gusseting was a word) tommorow then hopefully give it a coat of white on Friday.

Nice work Ashkan!

Glad you didnt try to put a raised solid suspension in it like a certain project you were keen on some time back! :lol:

How about painting it pink and white zebra stripes.... :P

Nice work Ashkan!

Glad you didnt try to put a raised solid suspension in it like a certain project you were keen on some time back! :lol:

How about painting it pink and white zebra stripes.... :P

Shh you.

Will hopefully have the wiper motor working properly tonight, there seems to be a problem with it spinning around....and around and around and around. It would work awesome if I could somehow mount it in the middle of the window <_< .

I'm thinking i have something wired wrong. Or I'm missing something... do these things need relays?

Ya what?

Thats what a wiper motor does ha. Goes round n round n round...

They dont use relays. Why dont you leave the stock one in there and modify the actuator arm to give it a full sweep?

I dunno, thought it might be easier to sort a single wiper from something without an actuator arm. The rear wiper motor should have an internal gizmo shouldn't it? It seems to have fixed itself though...

So the whole car is now painted. My head hurts, I wish I had used a proper respirator and not just a turban.

Will get pics up when I can get a camera.

tuhdah

Got it all back together and did some burnouts. Was fun.

As you can see the front bumpers/lips don't exactly line up..but hey, they weigh FA which is what I wanted.. I will take some more pics of the new bumper tabs etc when I get some time. But essentially the bumper has 4 tabs holding it on with PK screws. The insides have all been gutted and the indicator assembly is made to fit.

Will also get some pics of the new single wiper conversion. It works really well and is fairly easy to do if you are handy with a metal spraying gun.

Bonnet is also gutted and all the mechanism has been deleted. Just held in by 4 pins. Will do the same to the boot when I get some time.

post-1246-1274690855.jpg

post-1246-1274691026.jpg

post-1246-1274691042.jpg

post-1246-1274691052.jpg

post-1246-1274691064.jpg

Oh also, no more mouldings etc . Will put the side repeaters on when I can find them.

I need.

Non power wing mirrors if they exist.

Harnesses

Wheels

Straps on the rear window and sun roof.

Cert

Homologation

Authority Card

Wof

Done

Looks good Ashkan, I might have a set of 15' weaves for sale sometime soon if your interested, keep me in mind when you are ready to buy some.

reasoning for using a four door? isnt that just extra weight? dont mean to sound like a d*ck the car looks bloody nice btw. was just wondering?

Needs tints, clears and a drop.

Jokes. Good work boy.

Looking good Ash.

I should have the wheel thing sorted in a few weeks ;)

Zebra stripes to come?