Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Hybrid 540i '01 Motorsport

Some have you may have noticed me assing around with my signature.

After a very long hard think and coming to the realisation that my daily driver needs to be something a bit more sensible I have traded the 330i for a '01 540i Motorsport.

What made this even harder was the e46 was no normal e46 as most who knew me from 3-4 years ago will attest. Alot of time and money (too much) had gone in it which made this decsion even more harder for me.

The 540 will stay fairly stock as the whole point is the missus can drive it and we dont have to watch every driveway entrance and every bad piece of roading. In auckland there is a lot.

My thoughts on it is it doesnt really need any modifications as it has a whopping 4.4 vanos v8 with motorsport suspension, when I took it for a blat down to still water it really sold me straight away, they are an amazing car and so torquey.

A very big thank you to Ray @ HellBM for sourcing and prepping this immaculate example. A true example of this mans passion to BMWs

Anyways.. here is a quick and dirty photoshoot I did. Enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wow. I wasn't expecting that at all.

Looks like a stunning example. This has a lot to live up to to replace the 330. :) That 46 was the best example in NZ I knew of.

As awesome as the 330 was.. this is where it's at :)

Good stuff. Looks to be of a fantastic specification, NZ new, wide screen, leather, M5 mirrors. Well done!

You know you are going to upgrade those wheels though :)

Excellent buy, how slow's this compared to ur e30 :P

You won't read this comment much...soak it in e30 boys :D

Nice car. Did you remove the nav from the 330 before you traded?

No, will do it again for the e39 as Ange and I use it alot when we travel around the country.

Good stuff. Looks to be of a fantastic specification, NZ new, wide screen, leather, M5 mirrors. Well done!

You know you are going to upgrade those wheels though :)

hehe nah, my days of big wheels on a daily are over. I might go for 18 inch m5 wheels in time .. will see.

Excellent buy, how slow's this compared to ur e30 :P

hehe .. the two haven't met each other yet .. only got the news 30 mins ago the e30 passed its cert. If that m5 vs evo m3 vid is anything to go by .. a lot faster.

You won't read this comment much...soak it in e30 boys :D

haha .. yeah kinda of wierd when you think about it!

Looks the goods Josh :) Good on you. Gotta say I like the Euro bootlid after the Jap one

Do I see another Titansilber Metallic E39 here:-

Got phone I see so bluetooth upgrade is easy :)

Also, nav retrofit a little easier than in the 330i

A few days & when you have this reverse camera I have here fitted - you'll be able to see going backwards too ;)

Fitting will be a breeze after the 330i nav retrofit effort

I was eyeing this up and hoping you would not settle on it. But then Ray told me that he was taking the 330i in a deal.

I guess I will just have to put up with my 540 for a little longer.

Worthy replacement indeed. Looks hawt.

Edited by Quailboy

Ok well that was out of the blue, Impeccable choice though and much fun to be had i am sure :D

Nice 540 Josh... all it needs is a towbar :P

It kind of has one of those ... I just need to locate a detachible hook. It has all the frame and wiring and cutout already.

Was definately one of the nicest E46's I'd seen.

But who wouldn't want an E39 like this B) awesome.

Tell me Josh - I've always wondered about the e39 phones - are they GSM? Can they be connected to NZ network?

Wow, that is a nice E39

I love the stainless interior trim - like the M5 :D

I have just done the MKIV Nav upgrade on my 530i Touring with help from Grant - I am working on an install thread.

But, after your work on the E46, the E39 Nav will be a doddle !!

post-2173-1282860778.jpg

Tell me Josh - I've always wondered about the e39 phones - are they GSM? Can they be connected to NZ network?

Yup. I plugged my Voda sim card into the phone (with a credit card sized XT thing) and it's sweet as. Hands free and all that.

Problem is with the ridiculous charge Vodaphone want for their car phone plan, from memory about $15 a month plus something like 50c a minute for calls from and to!! And thats on top of an existing account.

Better of with a prepaid and call divert.

Edited by westy