Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Got it stuck.. In mud..

And got towed out by a Quattro Audi.

Sigh BMW, big sigh.

• Like 1

:( I thought you owned a tractor?

X-Drive, we need more of them here.

Tractor meant moving the other 7 cars to get to it.. House is full at present.

Just so happened bloody Audi was closest to it so on went the tow rope and out came the bmw.

• Like 1

On the weekend, tackled auto gearbox removal on touring 2.0 with success. Only snapped one bell housing bolt. Now to remove a 2nd auto gearbox this time from Monty.

Got it stuck.. In mud..

And got towed out by a Quattro Audi.

Sigh BMW, big sigh.

Single spinner FTW

Today I replaced the lower control arm bushes on my E36 with powerflex bushes. Once I get some spring compressors, I can change the struts out and install the Motorsport sway bay, yee ha!

• Like 1

purchased a decent CTEK battery charger so i can finally stop nuking batteries by running diagnostics without the car on charge.

Today I replaced the lower control arm bushes on my E36 with powerflex bushes. Once I get some spring compressors, I can change the struts out and install the Motorsport sway bay, yee ha!

Sounds like the job I'm contemplating, albeit on an E46.

How did you get on?

purchased a decent CTEK battery charger so i can finally stop nuking batteries by running diagnostics without the car on charge.

Which one did you get I was thinking of one the other day haha.

Annual service, VANOS oil feed line replacement, bunch of other Gaskets and bits and a valet - phew.

Done a few things over the past couple weeks...

1. Originally had the OEM chrome tips. One fell off while driving in the city. Replacement OEM ones were at least $100. Ordered a pair of stainless steel tips from Ebay for $30 shipped. Attach on with a metal hose clamp. They're fatter and stick out more than OEM do so I was worried about fitment, but they turned out great.

post-51449-0-02352700-1411539048_thumb.j

2. Used shoe polish on plastic trip and those matt black window pillars. Worked like magic, they don't look faded and it's held up fine even when driving in heavy rain. The difference hardly shows up in pictures though.

post-51449-0-31890900-1411539029_thumb.j

3. Replaced handbrake boot with a nice one I found online (did the shifter boot a while back and decided to get the matching handbrake one).

Also took apart the drivers door to fix the vapour barrier leak so the moisture absorber sitting there probably isn't necessary any more.

post-51449-0-53660300-1411539062.jpg

Next step for the interior is to wrap that wooden trip with something, maybe brushed aluminium/steel. Ideas?

post-51449-0-48282200-1411539072.jpg

I have aluminium pedal covers sitting in my room waiting to be drilled on too...

4. Found it left a green puddle on the garage floor. Expansion tank must have sprung a leak. Right after spending $700 to replace other cooling system parts a week ago :(

post-51449-0-93387700-1411538949.jpg

Hope pics aren't too big, I set them to what seemed like a good size.

• Like 1

get some satin finish vinyl in a dark grey or black colour to wrap the trim maybe?

just wondering. the front drivers side tyre. is it directional ? cuz the tread pattern makes it look like its pointing the wrong way??

nice car btw, 328i manual sedan!

Herbmiester, on 23 Sept 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

snapback.png

...the Motorsport sway bay...

Genuine? More information please...

Its front anti sway bay from a 325i with the M Sport package. 25.5mm in Dia as opposed the original that is 24mm.

just wondering. the front drivers side tyre. is it directional ? cuz the tread pattern makes it look like its pointing the wrong way??

Looks like an RE002 Bridgestone. Assymetrical

• Like 1

Looks like an RE002 Bridgestone. Assymetrical

Correct :)

What's a good place in Auckland to get trim wrapped, preferably one that has a good variety of wrap in stock so I can see what it looks like before choosing? Carfolie maybe?

Coolant leak turned out to be the radiator :(

Bellars Motor works is currently replacing it.

Picked up a new reverse light switch so the M3 can pass its warrant next month. Woo :blink:

Had the check oil level warning yet again, checked oil and its fine..

Picked up a new reverse light switch so the M3 can pass its warrant next month. Woo :blink:

I didn't think reverse lights were a requirement for a warrent? My old 200sx never did.

I didn't think reverse lights were a requirement for a warrent? My old 200sx never did.

i was under the impression that if they were there they had to work (backed up by my partners car failing a wof for one of two reverse lights not working a few years ago). As mentioned though, parallel parking with no reverse lights scares the crap out of me :P

Local guy said they should either both work, or both not and you're fine :blink:

Put stocker suspesnion and bottlecaps on, reassmebled missing bits and a quick tidy up of the E30!

Been about 3 years since I've last worked on it. Time to bring her back to life

10410653_10152727272150180_6773668407101

Edited by Lucan

Fired her up for the first time in about 3 weeks, moved into garage to charge battery

DSC06223_zpsf5313fcf.jpg