Sign in to follow this  
Golfboy666GTI

Damaged E36 M3 (Turners)

M3 running gear in a 318is shell which sold recently at Turners. The buyer found out whaat he had only when he tried to onsell. The accident was well timed. Now it has engine issues. Watch this space for the next chapter.

Still very fixable.

I wonder how they got away with having it reg'd as an M3, just a glance at the chasiss number is a giveaway. WBA.

M3 plates and rego stickers etc no doubt

M3 running gear in a 318is shell which sold recently at Turners. The buyer found out whaat he had only when he tried to onsell. The accident was well timed. Now it has engine issues. Watch this space for the next chapter.

Ray, Any idea as to what kind of engine issues?

This would go great with my touring :D

Guest Ari Gold

One of the quickest 3.2 M3's I've ever driven, it was a rocket ship, real M3 or not. That is one strong motor.

Still very fixable.

I wonder how they got away with having it reg'd as an M3, just a glance at the chasiss number is a giveaway. WBA.

You can reg it as anything you like I think.

It has an low vol cert plate for the engine and suspension, interestingly. Its kind of above board.

You can reg it as anything you like I think.

It has an low vol cert plate for the engine and suspension, interestingly. Its kind of above board.

Have to have proof when you apply to change Registration details, but a letter from a vehicle dealer usually suffices. Wouldn't have been too hard to get I'm sure, and nobody was ever gonna check up on it's legitimacy.

I don't think they check much at all. I had a Lexus IS200 once and the reg tag simply read. Toyota Lexus.

Was this not the car with AC Snitzel stickers and badges and intake and other things that was for sale not lot long ago for a reasonably good price?

Would rather a reshelled car than a fixed bent one.

I'd love to open the bonnet of my car and see that engine nestled there...

One of the quickest 3.2 M3's I've ever driven, it was a rocket ship, real M3 or not. That is one strong motor.

Really? Quicker than normal?

Was this not the car with AC Snitzel stickers and badges and intake and other things that was for sale not lot long ago for a reasonably good price?

Must be, can't be too many yellow M3s with start / stop buttons added to the front ash tray??

Ive gotta say, they did a pretty thorough job if it really is the 318i shell... the vin says it was blue originally. Someone went to much effort to convert it to yellow, engine bay and all. 318 Plates and tags on M3?

Guest Ari Gold

Almost guarantee it will be a EU spec LHD car imported from Japan that has been reshelled with a blue 318is (the chassis vin) when it got here.

If you really needed to know where it came from you could get the vin # written on the EWS control unit and take it to your friendly dealer.

Sold for $7400. oil cooler was taken out in `accident` no oil in motor. Run dry easy to figure the result.

For those who missed out on the bidding breathe a sigh of relief.

For the buyer here is a motor. I`ll sell long block for $4500: S50B32 @ Hellbm

For the buyer here is a motor. I`ll sell long block for $4500: S50B32 @ Hellbm

That's a really sharp price Ray, if the buyer wants to shift the old engine I'll buy it off them. Can even help with the changeover.

Hi guys, I bought this car from turners. Before reading this thread that is.

Any idea who the previous owner is?

Thanks

Edited by Trobe

Thanks

Why can't you go to Carjam and pay the fee to get a list of all owners? This car has appeared several times in this forum. Also, I believe you can go to Transport Agency and for a (typically government) modest fee get a similar list...

Thanks

He`s now back in Iran as the story goes. Call me if you need any info.