Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E39 V8 restoration

Fitted the new wing mirrors. Pretty simple process as long as you've got some trim removal tools and a T30 torx and Philips screwdriver. I recommend leaving the lower door light plugged in when you remove the door card. It's about of a pain to plug back in. Mirrors look great. Not as wide a view and because they're smaller you can't adjust as much but they look a lot sportier. Non-folding too but no biggie as they're pretty small.
y4e9azu6.jpg

ytuvegy3.jpg

dynu3y9e.jpg

ja3eduzu.jpg

EDIT: Coincidentally, I have a set of face lift wing mirrors in Cosmos Schwarz for sale!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by jeffbebe

Thanks Tom. They came up on TM for a song so couldn't pass them up. They look very cool but the actual mirrors aren't great (small and limited adjustability) so reverse parking's harder than it used to be!... I'll have to leave it even further away from curbs now to keep the wheels safe!! haha

Yes and no. The auto dip works but the position I want the mirror is already at it's lowest point (as I said, because they are so small there is limited adjustability) so the auto dip doesn't have anywhere to go!

The look great though, big improvement. Took the glass out today and gave it a really good clean. Perfectly usable but the perfectionist in me wants to replace them at some point.

Brake pads turned up today... Xmas job!

What pads did u choose in the end? I was surprised the 540s only ran single pot calipers

EBC red stuff. Got a pretty good deal - front and rears + delivery for just under $300. Would like to full brake kit but just too many $$$s. Have got some ideas for keeping the brakes cool to not have to.

• Like 1

Stainless steel brake lines in, new pads and rotors to come soon. There's a good reason I'm beefing up the brakes. Will reveal all in the next few weeks.

post-16586-0-64762200-1390019486.jpg

Finally got round to removing the deadweight (Jap GPS and nav) in the boot.

• Like 1

There's a good reason I'm beefing up the brakes. Will reveal all in the next few weeks.

Supercharger? B) Caravan? :(

Don't want to jinx it because it could still fall through... But it's a seriously nice caravan ;)

• Like 1

Yay supercharger?

Hopefully not a centrifugal one though? they are a bit iffy efficiency wise compared to turbos or positive displacement chargers.

That said, they still = more power and torque so still worth it.

Lol u didn't buy that f**ked Aston did u lol

haha! No... I haven't got the skills to do anything with it!!

Yay supercharger?

Hopefully not a centrifugal one though? they are a bit iffy efficiency wise compared to turbos or positive displacement chargers.

That said, they still = more power and torque so still worth it.

Teaser, Mike...

11987470755_96d6960e76_z.jpg

The stats say around 240rwkw but won't know 'til it's in... Probably a few months away.

• Like 1

Got an offer I couldn't refuse but from a private seller in the US so a bit of a gamble. Hence why I'm not getting too excited yet.

• Like 1

nice one mate , will be pretty cool , might need to do that lsd too eh :)

• Like 1

It's on my list but will probably have to wait for a while. $$$s!! The guy I'm getting the SC from drive his with the open 3.15 for a year and said it was fine... Just much better once he installed the LSD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsd and then new diff/subframe mounts to put the powr down.

is it sacriledge to think it would be better with a gilmer belt drive, just for the sound

I have problems getting off the line in my 540i6 with 275 Bridgestone S001's, love to see this try once its charged haha.

LSD huge grip.My 535 wouldn't spin the wheels even in the wet unless you tried to

just dont put directionals on the rear. keep swapping left to right haha.