Sign in to follow this  
liyi_92

Stance?

Have been seeing quite a lot of commotion about "stance"。

Is this when you get big wheels, lower it until pretty much undriveable height and camber it like hell?

Why do people do this?

Cars look good lowered but not over the top?

To look like dorks.

As with most fads; bigger better. The closer you can get to the arch with max camber etc etc is the goal. Stance's grandfather looked attractive where a car has a bit more track and a bit more camber to look the business, then the boys took it to the extreme.

Fads come and go, just with higher peaks and troughs than fashion.

Hmmm.

I like a car to sit nicely, a balanced look in height front to rear with a bit of camber, caster and toe where necessary, offering good performance for the street and a few laps of a track.

Not into the super low 1mm body to rubber gap, rolled guards and -10 camber which will see the inner tyre wear out or the side wall split prematurely.

Each to their own!

Everyone judges cars in their own way. For me it is how fast it can get around a track. So I find these "stance" cars f**king gay.

Race Car > Fast Road Car > Stock car > Crashed car > "Stanced"

Edited by driftit

This is the second time today ive had to explain this,

STANCE

the position or bearing of the body while standing: legs spread in a wide stance; the threatening stance of the bull.

a mental or emotional position adopted with respect to something: They assumed an increasingly hostile stance in their foreign policy.

Nothing can be " Stance " it either has good or bad stance. The truth is, Cars with wheels that fill the guards have a better STANCE then ones that dont.. ie tyre gap and sh*t offset ( works both ways )

BUT as STANCE is also defined above as a mental or emotional position, its all subject to opinion.

The main problem is some people dont understand that people who build cars that are knee high to a grass hopper on wide wheels couldnt give two f**ks how long their tyres last or if they cant get into the local petrol station or anywhere else with speedhumps because theyre building them that way to push the boundaries and get attention be it good or bad.. Either way an e30 rolling flush bbs rs sitting millimetres off the ground WILL snap your neck weather you like it or not.

So dont question it, just enjoy it.

It will be here until it becomes illegal.

It will be here until it becomes illegal.

lol most of the time it already is!

Where have you been the last 2 years and you've only just now heard of 'Stance'??

I'd never heard of it. I can't have been hanging out with the children.

I still cant figure out what "poked flush" is beyond a plumbing issue...

Each to their own though..

I don't 100% understand it myself but with the amount of people interested in it there must be something there that they enjoy out of it. So who am I or anyone else to judge that. Cars are a extension of ones personality sometimes and its way for people to express their individuality. So if anyone sees it as pointless or horrible, just remember you don't have to drive it.

Having a massive day of discovery myself, someone just told me about this new craze of planking, I was like planking, whats that, apparently you lie down like a plank and take photo's... have just uploaded some pictures on my new Bebo account.

Also, check out this crazy new song I just heard, its called Gangland style or something, those crazy Japanese:

Sarcastic Monday :o

I don't 100% understand it myself but with the amount of people interested in it there must be something there that they enjoy out of it. So who am I or anyone else to judge that. Cars are a extension of ones personality sometimes and its way for people to express their individuality. So if anyone sees it as pointless or horrible, just remember you don't have to drive it.

Ryan, you should get one. I know how much you love Cubes

Posted Image

Having a massive day of discovery myself, someone just told me about this new craze of planking, I was like planking, whats that, apparently you lie down like a plank and take photo's... have just uploaded some pictures on my new Bebo account.

Also, check out this crazy new song I just heard, its called Gangland style or something, those crazy Japanese:

Sarcastic Monday :o

Lol

I have no other input in this thread as its not worth debating why someone's prefers one thing over another...

So is smoking and all the cool kids are doing it.

the only excuse for "stance" camber on the back is because you have shoved a big block v8 in the boot and you are on the way home to put it in something small.

Posted Image

Michael you drive a factory e34 on fake fluro wheels. Anything you say is invalid