Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

E31 840ci mid '95+

Thanks. Won't be rushing into it and even contemplating importing one so will have to be extra vigilant when it comes to maintenance (and rust!). Fingers crossed I can find one suitable.

Are those staggered Mpars that have been polished?

If the ks are genuine and there's service records, it looks cheap.

Yes, I saw that one. Not the V8 I wanted and no cream/grey leather but does have the motorsport kit which is appealing. I've got a couple of sets of BBS wheels, either of which would look a lot better than those chrome M pars... Although repainted in normal silver and they suit the car IMO.

If it's still there when I get back to Auckland later this week I'll take a look.

EDIT: Pity it has that ugly-ass spoiler on it.

Edited by jeffbebe
  • Like 1

I have a large case lsd that will fit an e31 or e32 if the need arrises

Yes, I saw that one. Not the V8 I wanted and no cream/grey leather but does have the motorsport kit which is appealing. I've got a couple of sets of BBS wheels, either of which would look a lot better than those chrome M pars... Although repainted in normal silver and they suit the car IMO.

If it's still there when I get back to Auckland later this week I'll take a look.

EDIT: Pity it has that ugly-ass spoiler on it.

freash jap import by the looks of it and LHD too

Aha! I was looking on my phone and didn't notice that... Well spotted, Brent!

The seller's posted some interior shots... That wheel would have to go and the wood wrapped, I think. LHD would be a PITA. Might look out of interest anyway when I get back to town.

312649974.jpg

312650262.jpg

• Like 1

The seller's posted some interior shots... That wheel would have to go and the wood wrapped, I think. LHD would be a PITA. Might look out of interest anyway when I get back to town.

312649974.jpg

312650262.jpg

Call me weird but kinda like that wood....

Birds eye maple? The honey tones do brighten up the interior. I wonder if one could get a bamboo retrofit....

Call me weird but kinda like that wood....

Wood for wood, eh, Tony?

You're weird.

(actually, I don't mind it on the console but looks terrible on the wheel).

Wood for wood, eh, Tony?

You're weird.

(actually, I don't mind it on the console but looks terrible on the wheel).

Yeah, maybe not that much....

That wheel would/wood have to go in the bin wood/would or no wood.

• Like 1

312649974.jpg

312650262.jpg

AGGGHHHH MY EYES MY EYES :(

• Like 1

AGGGHHHH MY EYES MY EYES

:(

Agree!

Needs more fire!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-350397434.htm I like this but the colour may put some off, also that non-Motorsport interior....

It's pretty expensive compared to others for sale too and I'm not a fan of the spoilers on the 8s. Spoke to the seller of this one and it is also currently going into limp mode (which he hasn't had diagnosed) so isn't filling me full of lust.

quite a fan of the wood like in most cases, but not that.

As a side note, that cabin is very similar to my old mans 300ZX Fairlady lol

Dont like wood steering wheels... always can carbon fibre the interior...as long as the cars in good nick

I like the wood, I know people like to change up and make their cars more modern and all power to them. For me this is a real 1980's car (despite being sold in the 1990's) so its outrageous shape, thirst and interior are all part of its charm.

Edited by NZ BMW

I dont mind wood trim either but for me its the fact that this looks incomplete, half done. If it had wood door trims, knob etc it would look better, but imo E31's are too modern to pull off a wood steering wheel.

Gidday Jeff, appreciate I have hit this thread pretty late. However just wanted to give you an insight into the number of 840's in nz. A friend of mine has an e31 registry for nz but I can help you. In fact there are at least 4 examples with the 4.4 v8 in NZ.(3 were delivered new to nz). The last one delivered to nz (in black and a 1998) was recently sold for 23k in Auckland (about 6 month ago) with 113k's on its clock. The other auto is a green one (96) living in queens town. The other one is my car - a 96 manual with m sport package. Mine is the last of only 3 manuals made with the 4.4 in right hand drive.

The only 4.4 import I know of is the car that was mentioned here - a black 96 example that arrived with its owner from the uk (now in Wellington).

There are probably another 15 or so 4.0 840's. There are some special cars amongst that group. Nz did have 5 manual nz new 4.0 examples. 2 have been shipped to Australia. However, the bmw club president of nz, Gerry Hodges owned a red example that is still in Auckland. There is also a Avus blue example with m sport extra plus schnitzer wheels, exhaust and body kit too - owned by an Aucklander who owns another 840 amongst numerous other Bmw's. There is also one more manual in black which has only 50,000 ks. Not sure whether any of these cars are up for sale. Worth investigating. I think a good 4.0 manual with all the features would still be a 25-30k car.

Would you consider the 94 Tobago blue example that was on trademe until fairly recently- the one with full m-spec features and two-tone leather? It was for sale for low 20ks and is a fairly good car. Auto though.

If you are looking for a 4.4 example it could be tough as there are not many around. However, if you really want one and are happy with a 4.0 litre, you could do some investigating and track one down - they are around. It s just whether anybody wants to sell one .

Edited by ssbmw