Sign in to follow this  
Arma

BMW Alpina B5 (e60)

Factory Alpina supercharged with top speed over 325km...

...Top speed is 314 km/h (195 mph) and 0–100 km/h time is 4.7 seconds - same as the E60 M5.

I dont think the buyer will care about 11kph to be honest.

That interior wood is abit hard to pallette though.

Incredible cars..however if you do a bit of googling they are quite a bit cheaper than that ex uk. Must be a Japan car, low k`s I guess...

Chassis WAPB 544005RH10126 BMW fans cannot find the vin so no joy with them to find out a little more about it. Could somebody else have a go please.

The VIN doesn't come up on any search I know of.

Who cares about the vin? It's clearly a B5. Beaut colour too.

That's the best looking E60 I've seen... Woodgrain n'all. Looks a great car, haven't got a clue what these are worth but Alpinas do generally fetch a premium. I'd have this over an E60 M5 any day (except touring).

• Like 1

Would wrap the wood grain (prefer dark wood grain), but other than that its a pretty smart looking car. Must go like a rocket too with a casual 500HP.

Only questionable thing i see is that it appears to still be pushing that power through a slushbox and not SMG like M5. Wonder what it drives likes (no doubt its been fettled by Alpina).

Edited by KwS

There is already one of these in NZ based in Auckland. Have seen it at BMW Mt Wellington HQ a number of times.

Who cares about the vin? It's clearly a B5. Beaut colour too.

Hmmm, the fact that it is pretty much half the asking price and half the desirability if it's not genuine. Time and time again we strike non genuine cars on TradeMe. If it is WAB I think the start of that VIN means Alpina, whereas standard cars are WBA

Edited by The Diesel Guy

Chassis WAPB 544005RH10126 BMW fans cannot find the vin so no joy with them to find out a little more about it. Could somebody else have a go please.

Looks like an Alpina VIN but should still work in normal decoders. My guess is he's got the last 7 digits wrong.

It has 700nm of torque, the auto will be a great match if you want instant performance. I doubt SMG of that time can even handle it.

• Like 1

If you want to play with a clutch by an old 3 series.

B5 is an Autobahn Stormer. Drving around in an E55 AMG with the big supercharger there is no way you could have a manual and be able to drive it in a manor that is

A: Respectable

B: Not going backwards through peoples houses towing their fence and pets with you.

I can imagine the B5 would be very similar.

• Like 6

If you want to play with a clutch by an old 3 series.

B5 is an Autobahn Stormer.  Drving around in an E55 AMG with the big supercharger there is no way you could have a manual and be able to drive it in a manor that is

A: Respectable

B: Not going backwards through peoples houses towing their fence and pets with you.

I can imagine the B5 would be very similar.

Haha @ B

Having driven an S55 Kompressor, why would you bother with a manual? I love them, but there comes a point where power and torque overwhelm the need.

I have a feeling that Driftit has done option B: on a few occasions??

Nope, The SMG wouldn't that's why they chucked in the slush-matic.

Perfect for pedal mashers -- wide of the mark for drivers

You have such an irrational hard on for manuals.

• Like 1

Manuals have their place. I personally wouldn't have one on my mind in my E65. With nearly 200nm more than the M5, I'd prefer the auto.

I have a feeling that Driftit has done option B: on a few occasions??

I hope to avoid this buy only driving the E34 on the track. Somehow I still feel it will make its way through someones fence. Keep your pets around the back of the house. It shouldn't make it that far.

Not interested in the personal jibes or subjective arguments justifying personal opinion manual v.s auto

Haha! Funny... Strikes me, Ron, that 90% of your posts are about justifying your personal opinion manual vs auto... Which is probably why a few jibes have headed your way.

• Like 3

Like the concept and wonder if the engine made it's way back into latest gen m cars.

Those rims would be a PITA to clean. Reckon a 2 speed auto would be all that is needed with 700nm on tap.