Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Jooles' E31 project log

Those mirrors will make a nice difference.

Don't think they'll make it handle any better but I should get extra 10-15bhp ;)

Gotta say I like it sitting on those wheels. Wonder why.. ha ha

Love 'em on the E38 and they have a very similar spoke pattern to my RSIIs which looked perfect on my E39 but just doesn't look right to me on the 8. I think the concave dish wheels really suit cars with a flared arch (think E46 M3 CSL!) which the E38 and E39 have, but the E31 doesn't have flares so it suits a thick-lipped dish.

Doesn't get much better than this:

BMW_850i_E31_OZ_Futura_02.jpg

• Like 2

Love 'em on the E38 and they have a very similar spoke pattern to my RSIIs which looked perfect on my E39 but just doesn't look right to me on the 8. I think the concave dish wheels really suit cars with a flared arch (think E46 M3 CSL!) which the E38 and E39 have, but the E31 doesn't have flares so it suits a thick-lipped dish.

Doesn't get much better than this:

BMW_850i_E31_OZ_Futura_02.jpg

Is that the goal ? ... must say dude if you can get it back to this it will be the best looking 8 series ive seen ever.

• Like 1

Yep. Something pretty much. Sadly, I think it'll be some wee while before I can restore the original colour or buy a set of Oz Futura 3 piece wheels (or similar).

S62 First Jooles....... Function > Form!

My dad would buy the M70 off you, he needs a heavy duty anchor for his boat. :P

Really growing to like the M70, Mike. Though do wish I'd found a reasonably priced M73 manual or 5 speed 8er. They'd be spectacular!!

Haha I thought you would! You just need to get it sounding more exotic, like this one

When you took off the other day from Kyu's coffee shop it does sound underwhelming if I'm honest :P

I could get it sounding more exotic with a $3000 exhaust like that one! The Magnaflows sound good but more American than Euro and definitely NOT exotic.

Alan's csi with the race exhaust sounds pretty good.

TBH, I'm pretty happy with mine. Of course it could sound better, but it sounds a helluva lot better than it did when I bought it and quite a bit better than most of the 8s I've heard!

• Like 1

Seriously for the money .. its not that hard to make your own up out of more resonible prices parts. Most of the tone is set at the headers and their lengths + merge pipes... the amplification is then controlled via mid and back box mufflers. You can make a sort of crap sounding back box sound really good with a perferated straightthrough mid twin pipe muffler. HSV do a nice one thats 2 1/4 inch.

• Like 2

Ha, you'd instantly get a life ban from the club but the concept of an E31 with zoomies is awfully appealing! :ph34r:

Haha I thought you would! You just need to get it sounding more exotic, like this one

When you took off the other day from Kyu's coffee shop it does sound underwhelming if I'm honest :P

Google has revealed that there's more going on with that 8er than just the Eisenmann exhaust. Loads of other Eisenmann 850i exhaust clips... none sound like that car! But I do like it!!

• Like 1

These would look good on the 8 I reckonPosted Image

Saw my old car today,he has just had the wheels donePosted Image

• Like 1

I prefer the 2 piece ones that came as standard on a lot of E31s.... Great wheels, but prefer the 18" M parallels!

P1070806.jpg

Edited by jeffbebe

New shocks and springs... Can't wait to get the M pars back on. Very kind of James (Boowhup) to loan the RCs but they don't do it for me on the 8 (although they look a darn sight better now that the wheel arch gap is smaller).

15951195735_2e28d03fb3_c.jpg

15328923864_e6ca03b049_c.jpg

15331574773_bd9affa592_c.jpg

Fitted the new shocks into the existing EDC struts so need to find something to plug the holes too...

15328921304_d28d5d86a2_c.jpg

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, Dave, I love RCs on the right car (they have a very similar spoke pattern to the RSIIs I had on the 540i) I just think they're a bit too busy for the 8... And the concave dish isn't as good as a fat lip on these cars!!

They look amazing on E36 and E39 though!

Rcs look good. Just need 18x10s on the rear to get it perfect