Sign in to follow this  
MattA

Park N Fly, DON'T USE THEM

I recently went to Wanaka for a few days sking.

Unfortunately I was a little disorganized and couldn't leave my car where I normally would, so took my chance at finding a park and ride facility that could do the dates I needed. The first 2 places I called were booked out or couldn't do the full date range, Park N Fly had space so I dropped the car in and jumped on the plane for a few days sking.

As a precaution I always get a few photos of the car and the odometer.

Upon returning and picking up my car I checked it over noticing the odometer has an additional 5ks on it (took a photo as proof), bit of further checking and notice gear in the boot has all been chucked around and the stereo is on a non-programmed station (was on BT audio to my phone when I left). It is only 5ks but it is the breach of trust that pisses me off!

Park N Fly are saying they needed to move the car a couple of times and are basically denying and wrongdoing on their part. I've notified the Police so any traffic offences etc won't be my responsibility.

Unfortunately there seems to be buggar all that can be done, this leaves bad publicity the only option to get any sort of reprisal!

So if your flying anywhere and wish to use a parking facility where you have to leave your key, be warned!

Please re-post any where you can and pass this on to as many people as possible.

P.S. The sking was awesome!

Ive heard this ALOT about time fiar go got on them.

Maybe hide a camera in car powered off ignition?.

I have used them with no issue once. Next time due to bad rep i stated in a hotel that offered free secure parking for 2 weeks. Came back to three broken windows and a trashed interior.

You can enable transport mode through programming. Its not really a consumer level thing to do however.

Very, very common. The people working in these places get paid peanuts, and eventually the temptation of a bit of fun obviously gets too much.

A fried had his mint condition Porsche 928SE written off by Heathrow Valet Parking. He had an almighty battle getting them to pay up, too.

Only tip I can come up with - take a car you don't like to drive to the airport. Or hire a car instead.

I never like leaving cars with people who are either not working on the car or trusted friends . Would rather taxi !

Yeah, to be honest I am not surprised these sorts of things go on.

I'd be livered if I was in your shoes. A 5km drive is enough to drive a car cold, thrash it and do some damage.

• Like 1

Why not just leave them the key and take the EWS module with you? Easily enough to remove on a BMW and they'd have little to no chance getting it started unless they knew what they were doing.

did you drop it of at their depo or at the airport? It looks like their depo is about 2.5km from the airport.

Edited by Steve K-B

I'd be going Al Pachino on them. Not good enough. A few years back I was getting my prized VR ute repainted (dam I miss that car now) mate of mine rings me and asked me when I'd taken up car racing... He seen it driving 5 or so ks away towing a massive double axle trailer with recovery gear, racing car, tyres stacked up in the tray the works. I went postal, I dropped what I was doing and went straight in there to find the 3-3500kg trailer hooked up to my 1500kg tow pack. I was livered. Part of the work getting done to my car was under insurance, I took photos and got them blacklisted from the insurer and told them where to go when they asked for the cash for the excess. Their explanation was that there was no other car around that had a towbar.

A few years back, I popped a front fender. Took the car for repair. Got a call to say the repair had been done but while moving the car it had happened again.

On meeting at the workshop I was shown the lip between the paint booth and workshop floor where it had happened.

When I commented, no way someone had taken the car for a joy ride they flatly denied it. (K's were up)

They only backed down when I bet them, that I would pay for all repairs + $1000 if they could repeat the damage.

If they couldn't they would cover the repairs for free + $1000.

This was a well know Glenfield panelbeaters, who work on a lot prestigious cars :)

What can you do........ hate leaving my baby with someone I don't know

Why not just leave them the key and take the EWS module with you? Easily enough to remove on a BMW and they'd have little to no chance getting it started unless they knew what they were doing.

A lot of these services are a drop off the car into a holding area and they park it. So they have to move the car. There is one where you park the car and leave it there. Found that one quite good.

If you book with enough notice online (a week?) the actual domestic terminal parking is the same price as park n ride. I did 5 days recently and it was $52 for the domestic park and $48 for park n ride.

YMMV due to capacity at the time.

Safest to get a taxi. Don't think you have much room to complain if you have given them your keys and signed the disclaimer...

Had a SW20 MR2 GT with all the trimmings when I was a younger man. Took it to a Auto Sparky close to home for some minor wiring fault. It came flying past me doing warp speed 5 minutes later as I was walking home... When I questioned them about it the owner told me they had to road test it!

• Like 1

If you book with enough notice online (a week?) the actual domestic terminal parking is the same price as park n ride. I did 5 days recently and it was $52 for the domestic park and $48 for park n ride.

YMMV due to capacity at the time.

I just did the carpark by the terminal for 4 days for $50. Not bad really.

did you drop it of at their depo or at the airport? It looks like their depo is about 2.5km from the airport.

Dropped off at their depot.

I just did the carpark by the terminal for 4 days for $50. Not bad really.

It is quite elastic - when bookings are low (i.e. in advance) it's cheaper. Turn up on the day and put your card in = r4pe.

I should add covered was only like $2 a day more.

Lesson learnt!

Seems to be no damage to the car, just a bit pissed off.

Definitely be going the pre-booked parking at the terminal next time.

Interesting most of them suddenly couldn't speak English when confronted......

Got a call from the manager/owner offered the $36 fee back.

I used them a couple of months ago when I went to Queenstown. Same sh*t here man!

I have a company car which was fueled before I went (to the top) so I would have maybe used 1 bar by the time I got to Park n Fly.

When I got back from my trip a week later I had just over half a tank.. I thought I was crazy but did have my suspicions. Nothing I could really do so I thought f**k it its a company car anyway. Not really the point I guess.

They did look dodgy too.

+1 to never using them.

My Dad had a 1961 Ferrari GT California with bugger all k's on it in his collection, I took a day off school and drove it into town, left it with Valet parking.

When I came back it had 100's of K's on it.

I had to jack the back up and run it in reverse. !! This did not turn out well ......

........ oH no, wait, that was my mate Ferris Bueller ! :)

• Like 5

Try Aero Parks if you want to use one of these places. Their facility is just around the corner from ParkNfly and is much much much cleaner. Fully paved. Better security. No young cowboys. Same price.

http://www.aeroparks.co.nz/

I have used them many times.

Oh and with heavy rain those Puddles at ParkNfly are actually their overflowed sewage. Yup there is sh*t floating around in them.

Other way to do it is to install a drive cam or a GPS tracker. They are dirt cheap.

We are working on our own drive cam at work at the moment. Once they are in full production I will see if I can offer them to Bimmersport. They are soon to be in a huge number of trucks as behavior cams. 1080p.

Never used those outfits, I don't trust their shuttle bus drivers to take me to the terminal. I've seen the way they drives.

As above mentioned, parking on terminal is very comparable to off-site parking, maybe within 10% difference, so in grand scheme of thing will be less than $10 for a weeks parking. Once I pre-booked parking 3 months ahead is cheaper than off-site, so definitely worth a bit of planning.

Try Aero Parks if you want to use one of these places. Their facility is just around the corner from ParkNfly and is much much much cleaner. Fully paved. Better security. No young cowboys. Same price.

http://www.aeroparks.co.nz/

+1 there. We used them when required, and were absolutly stunned with the service - you don't get some retarded stoned munter who you don't even like LOOKING at your car "looking after" it while you're away.

A lot of the places use peoples cars to pickup and drop off (even when it's not the owner sometimes!) Aeropark has dedicated shuttles.

I used Aeropark, and the car was in EXACTLY the same place as when we parked it... I'm not even sure we had to leave the keys with them??? (could be dreaming though?)

A lot of the reason for their "professionalism" is because the staff are often long termers, and/or are involved in the charitible part of the company - because they are passionate about the Charity, they are professional in their work.

My Dad had a 1961 Ferrari GT California with bugger all k's on it in his collection, I took a day off school and drove it into town, left it with Valet parking.

When I came back it had 100's of K's on it.

I had to jack the back up and run it in reverse. !! This did not turn out well ......

........ oH no, wait, that was my mate Ferris Bueller ! :)

Actually it was Cameron's dad's car!

I know a guy who used to worked at Park n Fly.

He's told me a lot of stories about joyrides when he worked there, with a suspended license...

Getting a mate to drop you off is free...usually what I do.

I know a guy who used to worked at Park n Fly.

He's told me a lot of stories about joyrides when he worked there, with a suspended license...

Getting a mate to drop you off is free...usually what I do.

Is it the same guy? In your car??? :lol: