Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Would you date someone because of what car they drive?

Actually, I'd say it's a good thing. Wife got me into motorbikes. She never once questioned the purchase of

R model Ducatis and all the stuff you can by to make them go quicker.

Getting her to agree to spend money on a car or TV / gadget on the other hand is just hard work.

I actually brought up this question up at a large table on the weekend (wedding)

Concluded that:

a) Car should look reasonably nice, be reasonably new and have a nice interior.

b ) Motorbikes make women get a funny feeling inside.

c) Unless you are well into a relationship, like a year or so, (a) goes out the door and is irrelevant if you are a confident reasonably good looking dude that dresses well and is fun.

d) Red wine at weddings will always lead to interesting conversations, flirting, sexual assault allegations and uncomfortable confusion the next morning.

• Like 3

Word. My mates gf tries to talk to me and him about cars (she knows FA) and spear fishing (knows even less),amd my mate hates it more than I do. It would be like me talking to her about make up and other boring crap. If she genuinely knew things about cars it would be cool I guess.

One time I had an argument with my gf that she wasted too much time watching make up videos on line and that it would be a piece of piss to do, her rebuttal was that I spent too much time on the net reading car articles and watching poker strategy videos.

So I did her makeup and she came and lost $100 at the next poker event. I think comparitively, I did way better than her.

It's like, its nice and all that you're making an effort but sometimes you just need to go upstairs and make me a sang-which.

Your approach was wrong dude - you tell her she's gorgeous and doesn't need makeup at all as no improvement is possible. Then she may or may not stop looking at makeup vids, spend less on it etc. but you'll also get some brownie points (important for us married types but perhaps unnecessary for you young people just yet...)!

Word. My mates gf tries to talk to me and him about cars (she knows FA) and spear fishing (knows even less),amd my mate hates it more than I do. It would be like me talking to her about make up and other boring crap. If she genuinely knew things about cars it would be cool I guess.

Yeah I agree man. Nothing worse than having some muppet (Girl or Guy) forcing their way into a convo when they know nothing of the topic. I know few people like this. A few BMW related people too. They always tend to name drop people of no relevance.

One time I had an argument with my gf that she wasted too much time watching make up videos on line and that it would be a piece of piss to do, her rebuttal was that I spent too much time on the net reading car articles and watching poker strategy videos.

So I did her makeup and she came and lost $100 at the next poker event. I think comparitively, I did way better than her.

It's like, its nice and all that you're making an effort but sometimes you just need to go upstairs and make me a sang-which.

Mate, I really, really do wonder why your lovely gf puts up with you.. They do say that the secret is to make a girl laugh, and you certainly are a very, very funny dude so maybe it's that??

Your approach was wrong dude - you tell her she's gorgeous and doesn't need makeup at all as no improvement is possible. Then she may or may not stop looking at makeup vids, spend less on it etc. but you'll also get some brownie points (important for us married types but perhaps unnecessary for you young people just yet...)!

You need a very high testosterone level to want to keep banging an old fat women that doesn't wear makeup though. Just saying.

I am all for honesty. Do I look fat in this? Yes. She will either dump you, or eat a lot less that night saving a lot of money at the restaurant.

• Like 3

You need a very high testosterone level to want to keep banging an old fat women that doesn't wear makeup though. Just saying.

I am all for honesty. Do I look fat in this? Yes. She will either dump you, or eat a lot less that night saving a lot of money at the restaurant.

True - but you did see Ashkan's photo right?

Holy sh*t Ash I dont really wanna make jokes about domestic violence but that pic hahaha...

Men huh.

Entertaining read I must say.

Men huh.

Do women have the same opinion?

Yeah I agree man. Nothing worse than having some muppet (Girl or Guy) forcing their way into a convo when they know nothing of the topic. I know few people like this. A few BMW related people too. They always tend to name drop people of no relevance.

Oh god this is endemic in my office with the cricket at the moment

• Like 1

Men huh.

Would love to hear the female view Amber... I'm sure you've got a story or two to tell..?

Would love to hear the female view Amber... I'm sure you've got a story or two to tell..?

My last partner I dated when he had a Holden ute that was only going in a straight line 50% of the time.

In saying that, I was attracted to him initially because he could drive. And that was the only reason I started talking to him :P

I think if you drive a beetle, a form of feminine hatchback I will probably look the other way and secretly question which way the arrow points.

Yeah I probably would consider what car they drive. But I'm lenient..

I guess it goes: if they have no money, are not working and sitting on their asses they wouldn't have a nice car in the first place...and you wouldn't bother going there

This video pretty much sums up my Wednesdays..

• Like 1

they're all pink on the inside, even the black ones

Not sure how that's meant to be taken...

This video pretty much sums up my Wednesdays..

nothing like a stat. rapist and a lady-beater to get through them hump day feels

Rofl^ amen sister amen

Edited by EUROHO

Oh, I'm more into single mums, and replace the Lamborghini Aventadores with the two Mitsubishi FTO's I managed to start a race with on the Southern past Manurewa whilst listening to classic hits on my oem stereo .. oh and I only spend $70 on dinner and I don't have a swimming pool. Apart from that, its much the same as that video.

Have taken a chick on a date in my race car once, nailed a duck on the drive, smashed my bumper, got airborne a few times and she didn't vomit...must have made an impression as she tolerated me for about a month before she had a mental break down. True story. haha.

10346386_10152532852138878_6958665822940

Better living everyone.

• Like 1