Sign in to follow this  
E30 325i Rag-Top

Would you date someone because of what car they drive?

I managed to rope a Mrs who would rather have a race car than kids.

I am happy with this.

10903406_1551649581749266_270501122_n.jp

• Like 1

Wouldn't be kicking this outta bed if she owned a Morri Minor....

065_Kate-Upton-5.jpg

• Like 1

I managed to rope a Mrs who would rather have a race car than kids.

I am happy with this.

10903406_1551649581749266_270501122_n.jp

Josh might want to comment on this one....

Should've got a cage in the E30 when there was chance.

It always makes me laugh when they think they can keep their toys.

So many mates of mine have said they are keeping their cars. Within a year its gone.

Let them grow up a little. Get another car in 5 - 10 years if you are lucky.

Edited by driftit

Josh might want to comment on this one....

Should've got a cage in the E30 when there was chance.

lol ... actual lol ...

Nah mate the cars not going anywhere..

On a side note, when I met my wife and started dating, she was a little bit disappointed the fact I owned a BMW, she hated them. But then, slowly as the years went on .. she gets in another car brand (pick any) and hates it because they "dont drive like a BMW" Also, her idea of a fast car was a WRX STI or a RX-7 bat. I respectfully patted her on the head. When the e30 was finished took a few of her car hood heros on and munched them. So shes now educated and down with the m3 donk :D All her family think its quite funny (cool) her daily is a v8 now too.

She drove my dads new 2015 volvo the other day, comments ... "lets stick to BMWs".......

My job here is done.

• Like 8

Interesting.

Being single, and allowed to browse around, a nice car does draw the attention, but then I have been told it's intimidating to have a female with a nicer car than the male...

If I speak to you about a car and you give me a blank look, I'll talk to you in another life.

• Like 1

Interesting.

Being single, and allowed to browse around, a nice car does draw the attention, but then I have been told it's intimidating to have a female with a nicer car than the male...

If I speak to you about a car and you give me a blank look, I'll talk to you in another life.

Intimidating? Girly Men.

• Like 1

Interesting.

not sure how you got attracted to a falcodore pickup truck then :P

---

no matter how cool I think it is or those in the E30 scene think it is, I have found the E30 is becoming more and more a second or third or fourth date kind of car. a late 80s car is still a late 80s car to someone that doesnt know what they are looking at, even less a woman!

Being a convertible probably doesnt help either, probably comes across as trying to hard and wanky etc too.

although in saying that, i suspect it will be the opposite way around in another 10-15 years time, with luck i will have found someone by then lol.

Once got a date with a girl because she was driving a BMW too, easy way to start talking to her...

Car wouldn't be a problem. Those God awful family stickers on the back would be a deal breaker though.

a98008_sticker_1stig.jpg

• Like 5

Race car suggests he is a man, those stickers suggest he listens to Michael Buble while he grooms his vagina.

• Like 7

I once bought a bunch of those stupid white ppl stickers for my single mate's AMG.

I stuck on an old lady and 14 cats on his rear window.

• Like 7

I too appreciate a woman who can drive stick.

i see what you did there

• Like 1

i see what you did there

Ahahah was just waiting for that. Glad it was you Andy
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A gf with a solid interest in cars would be annoying as f**k.

• Like 1

In what way? Mine has. It's f**king great.

Hamilton though.. No doubt all rotor skanks.

In what way? Mine has. It's f**king great.

Hamilton though.. No doubt all rotor skanks.

I thought all the rotor skanks hung out at mount maunganui? I'm sure there is some around here but I don't hang out with them :)

• Like 1

I thought the term was a "rotary hoe"?? As a few have said, it's good to have common interests. Not for everyone I suppose.

Word. My mates gf tries to talk to me and him about cars (she knows FA) and spear fishing (knows even less),amd my mate hates it more than I do. It would be like me talking to her about make up and other boring crap. If she genuinely knew things about cars it would be cool I guess.

One time I had an argument with my gf that she wasted too much time watching make up videos on line and that it would be a piece of piss to do, her rebuttal was that I spent too much time on the net reading car articles and watching poker strategy videos.

So I did her makeup and she came and lost $100 at the next poker event. I think comparitively, I did way better than her.

It's like, its nice and all that you're making an effort but sometimes you just need to go upstairs and make me a sang-which.

post-1246-0-88742600-1427233844_thumb.jp

Edited by Heisenberg
  • Like 2

Actually, I'd say it's a good thing. Wife got me into motorbikes. She never once questioned the purchase of

R model Ducatis and all the stuff you can by to make them go quicker.

Getting her to agree to spend money on a car or TV / gadget on the other hand is just hard work.

• Like 1

Dude, thats not PC at all.

blackface_3910.jpg