E30 325i Rag-Top

Is This Where The E30 Market Is Now..?

6 hours ago, balancerider said:

red non-OEM seats 🤮 🚨

Well, yeah... But in a world where a M40-engined manual car can be listed at $25k and more, this still represents (comparatively) good value. 

I do agree - the seats are a little much. ;)

What are they out of? E46?

The seats themselves are ace - so much better than flogged E30 leather comfort seats which look like they belong in the 60's, but why oh why did they go with red when there's a million and one wrecked E90's with black seats about. ESPECIALLY when the rear seat has been re-trimmed as well! And the rest of the interior is blue! Was the owner a big fan of Superman?

Edited by Neil McCauley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

AE0AC9D2-4899-466E-8BEF-499C57AAA6CF.thumb.png.55cd9d356f360a2aa777fe8810b75b85.png

This seams reasonable considering prices of other listings, if it’s really as good as the photographs.

• Like 2

^^ Yeah I thought that was a great looking car - the 'IS / SE' kit really is subtle and beautiful

• Like 2

Sort of took my eye off it thinking anything under $16/17k was dreaming. I can get behind a buyers market after the 2021/22 boom years haha

On 2/5/2024 at 7:49 PM, Neil McCauley said:

this is now in my workshop as we speak haha No I didn't buy it but a good client and friend of mine did :D

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BMTHUG said:

this is now in my workshop as we speak haha No I didn't buy it but a good client and friend of mine did :D

Blink once if it was over $50k :)

Edited by Sammo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammo said:

Blink once if it was over $50k :)

*Blinks Once* hahah It was ;)

• Like 1

Cracked (f**ked) dash, $100.

IMG_1648.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/325i/listing/4569771516

This seems like a fair price for the car.  I do like the body color but those wheels gotta go.  I guess the big issues are it's an UK import and the unknown mileage?

Edited by Contrails
  • Like 2

I had been surprised that one had been sitting around so long, but never realised the mileage was very much in question and its not actually an NZ New M325i, but a UK import sport.

Very clean, but a shame the retrimmed Houndstooth has the stitched in ///M logo on it - I've got the OEM Mtechnic seat badges pinned in mine but at least you can pull those off if they are not to taste.

And yes, wheels look like they need the 'brake dust' cleaned off 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think the metric here: what did the nz new black "bitsa" go for, and how much money and time would it take to get to the standard here?

I personally can't stand mph speedos, so I can understand the swap, but why not just swap the gauge face itself if you're going to that length? The hardest part is lining up the needle correctly on the spindle when putting it back on.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

I think the metric here: what did the nz new black "bitsa" go for, and how much money and time would it take to get to the standard here?

I personally can't stand mph speedos, so I can understand the swap, but why not just swap the gauge face itself if you're going to that length? The hardest part is lining up the needle correctly on the spindle when putting it back on.

Rumour has it $60k. 

• Like 2

@Contrails I meant the kiwi new one with the mt2 front and rear bumpers Rohan! Was listed for $25K iirc?

Not sure about that one. 

I had a look at this touring about 18 months ago as a project, would definitely recommend buyers to have a look at it if your serious.

If anyone is interested in checking out the above touring, I'm happy to tag along in mine if you want something to compare.

From memory he wanted to give it chrome bumpers and trim, hence some of the weirdness.

In other news - medium case 3.64 LSD: $2300.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup saw that, thought about pulling mine from the race car and giving it a clean.

The additional (bolt on) mount and the stud conversion were interesting, but not over two grand interesting.

• Like 1

I've been very interested (multiple excel spreadsheets interested) in diff and gearbox ratio tuning after the Mine's R34 GTR was found to be using GTST diffs, but won't get into the weeds here...

...Surely the 3.64 is the least desirable ratio when compared to the 3.73 and 3.91? And at $2k aren't you looking at an off the shelf OS Giken or similar slipper which means you get to choose whatever crown wheel you'd like?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gjm said:

In other news - medium case 3.64 LSD: $2300.

That's about fair tbh