Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 8/16/2022 at 12:53 PM, Driftit said:

No interest in the 135i F20?  They are very cheap now.  And have much more to give than any of the others listed.  Won't save you any gas money though.

the M135i F20 was very economical (for a 3L petrol) in my experience. around 10L/100kms. compared to about 11L/100kms on a 130i E87.

I'm still after some style 208m rims if any one has them lying around. Also where does everyone go to get tires fitted & balanced ? Hyperdrive seems to be the cheapest at $28 per wheel but I've only called around 5 or so places.

Edited by duluth

3 hours ago, duluth said:

I'm still after some style 208m rims if any one has them lying around. Also where does everyone go to get tires fitted & balanced ? Hyperdrive seems to be the cheapest at $28 per wheel but I've only called around 5 or so places.

They are usually the lowest.  However have a look at who they offer around you for fitting.  They also have a mobile guy in a van.

• Thanks 1

I used Hyperdrive recently, worked well and was easy.

Where would you guys source a new hood emblem from?  Mine looks terrible.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ciderbeard said:

I used Hyperdrive recently, worked well and was easy.

Where would you guys source a new hood emblem from?  Mine looks terrible.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/car-parts-accessories/bmw/exterior/listing/3742215654

this one is very high quality and cheap. 

the ones with the black back is 100000x better than the fake chrome/plastic back ones.

26 minutes ago, NZ_InFerno said:

M3 control arms are back in stock at a reasonable price on fcpeuro, earlier they were $350US

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-control-arm-kit-5-piece-m-upgrade-bmwmcakit

Shipping might be a killer though. Was looking at some lowering springs, shipping was like $220 US in itself.

27 minutes ago, Vass said:

Shipping might be a killer though. Was looking at some lowering springs, shipping was like $220 US in itself.

Shipping price hasn't changed, was always $80-100 and it gets here in a week FedEx fully insured. 

That's why you do a big order 😂

Its a shame the exchange rate is just plummeting right now.

1 hour ago, Driftit said:

Its a shame the exchange rate is just plummeting right now.

This. My set from Amazon a couple of years back cost me the same, but in NZ dollars! And ~$24 shipping IIRC.

8 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Shipping price hasn't changed, was always $80-100 and it gets here in a week FedEx fully insured. 

That's why you do a big order 😂

The hell... You're right, that set of control arms is saying $83 for shipping. I then tried the H&R springs I was looking at and shipping on those is $193... Springs shouldn't be that much more bulkier/heavier than a set of control arms, would they?

It's the boxes they come in.  Arms just get thrown together in a box 1/4 the size.

FedEx shipping charges based on volume and weight, springs are bigger and heavier than arms. 

You're looking at a default $50 shipping to start on anything that has a little bit of weight to it. 

Upgrades the control arms from 130i to M3 control arms.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, ciderbeard said:

what does the m3 control arm upgrade do?  

Two things, with two sets of arms:

1. The M3 "lower control arm" increases camber, you'll need an alignment after fitting - the arm is longer.
  2. The M3 "tension strut" (upper control arm) improves the inner bush so it has less undesirable flex - the arm itself is the same so you can achieve the same (or better) outcome by poly-bushing your existing arm.

Change these, and do the camber pin mod, and add a tiny bit of front toe out during your alignment and you'll experience a much more dynamic front end.

I want to say we've seen it or discussed it before but I can't be certain. I don't recognise it as a member's car.

It looks tidy though, if it's not clunky or dripping with oil I think "your friend" ;) should probably take a very close look at it.

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

Asking for a friend    😁  do we know this car at all, is the owner a poster on here?

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3754106482

If that one fails you're welcome to tell your friend about my one, got off HellBM in Jan.

Family requirements have changed so am getting an X5. PM if interested.

• Thanks 1

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3786120963 - Dirt cheap needs some love but would be a nice project!

That interior is factory... someone optioned that :D 

https://bimmer.work/vin/pcfbe73be3513fac63bbc35adeb592b9f/

• Like 1