Jacko

The 130i Thread

On 9/25/2022 at 9:55 PM, Jacko said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3786120963 - Dirt cheap needs some love but would be a nice project!

That interior is factory... someone optioned that :D 

https://bimmer.work/vin/pcfbe73be3513fac63bbc35adeb592b9f/

They spend the headlamp budget to feel like a jag?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antallica said:

A fair amount of manuals for sale at the moment, mine included

Any colour you like, as long as it's black (or blue).

Edited by Neil McCauley
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, M3AN said:

It will be interesting to see what the market thinks this low km LCI auto with low/no reserve is worth:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3800397016

Indeed! I've been getting some real lowball offers since I relisted mine. Probably just keep it at this stage since the mrs has claimed the X5.

Honestly though, I think I'd prefer an auto at the moment.

• Like 1

I feel like the wear on the bolsters and rubbers doesn't match how many KM's it has done.  Could be 80k km's of city driving.

• Like 1

Well spotted, I didn't pay attention to those door seals. And yes, certainly a passenger car given the wear on that outside bolster.

All the bidding happened in the first day, I wouldn't expect much more until the last day now. 

4 hours ago, M3AN said:

It will be interesting to see what the market thinks this low km LCI auto with low/no reserve is worth:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/130i/listing/3800397016

Interesting indeed, added to my watch list and I feel a roadie to the BoP coming up. 
I think I need to join the cool kids club sooner rather than later!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Interesting indeed, added to my watch list and I feel a roadie to the BoP coming up. 
I think I need to join the cool kids club sooner rather than later!

Up to 2.5k now, pushing the budget out 🤣

The guy offering 2.5k.... 🤓

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NZ_InFerno said:

Up to 2.5k now, pushing the budget out 🤣

Over $3k now, might have to cash up some of my E30 parts horde to finance this..

On 10/8/2022 at 5:15 PM, Brianr70 said:

Would anyone happen to know anything about this - 2008 BMW 130i M-Sport | Trade Me Motors

It looks nice (best colour imho), but plenty of manuals to choose from right now. I'd tend to not pay over 10k for one, so this seems about right. What brand are the wheels? See what service history it has and if the usual culprits have been addressed (water pump, thermostat, valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, sump gasket, coils, plugs, etc, etc.)

This claim sounds very dubious if my memory serves me...

"Even in third gear, on a dry road, you'll light up the traction light if you plant the foot."

Check the tyres aren't rock hard rubbish.

• Like 1

This one looks good too, although it's down my ways and the Q&A responses disappointed somewhat.

*** removing recommendation as seller is being deceptive by having questions / observations removed from his listing ***

Edited by Blackie

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

2006 BMW 130i https://www.trademe.co.nz/3806826935

This one looks good too, although it's down my ways and the Q&A responses disappointed somewhat.

Yes, the "I'm not sure sorry..." was a  disappointing response to mine and others questions 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gofaster said:

Yes, the "I'm not sure sorry..." was a  disappointing response to mine and others questions 

If you have genuine interest in the car (or any car for that matter) ring the seller up. Rather than asking unnecessary questions and  be considered a dick by other watchers.  Use your life skills when talking to the vendor, and you get a better idea of both the car and the seller, and you should be able to make an informed decision quite quickly.

I must admit to being addicted to reading the Q&A sections on Trade Me auto's, its more fun than watching TV.

Edited by Bandit
  • Like 1

For those who have done a 100,000km in your 130i what have you had to do?

From 110-210km mines been:

• 3 sets of tyres (first 2 were Pilot Sports, since moved to Primacy and getting much better life for slightly less performance)
  • Set of brake rotors
  • Set of pads
  • 2 coils
  • Accessory Belt tensioner and belt
  • Many oil changes
  • Rear sub frame bushes
  • Gearnob (was getting pretty worn from ~160km)

I need to do the rocker cover gasket and front brake lines in the near future. I may jinx it, but it's been pretty cheap to run thus far.

Have done nearly everything attached to the engine(or have parts to) except DISAs and Waterpump(already done) in less than 10k kms 🤣😭

Car had 176k on it and had been well maintained with service history for the previous 100kish kms it had been in NZ. 

1 hour ago, Jamez said:

From 110-210km mines been:

• 3 sets of tyres (first 2 were Pilot Sports, since moved to Primacy and getting much better life for slightly less performance)
  • Set of brake rotors
  • Set of pads
  • 2 coils
  • Many oil changes
  • Rear sub frame bushes
  • Gearnob (was getting pretty worn from ~160km)

I need to do the rocker cover gasket and front brake lines in the near future. I may jinx it, but it's been pretty cheap to run thus far.

Bought the car 165kms now sitting on 177kms

• All New tyres+wheels
  • Rocker cover gasket + Sump
  • Waterpump+thermostat
  • Oil filter housing and coolant gaskets + Upgraded Micky mouse to Aluminium (from FCPeuro)

Few extras

• Engine flush using Liqui moly's additive Then follow it up with new oil changes services 
  • replaced air filter with a K&N and cabin filter with a new bosch fiber anti bacterial

My next project is - Handling

• M3 Control arms (5-piece) *just waiting for the price to go down abit on FCPeuro
  • Bilstein shocks b4s on all corners + bumpstops
  • Upgraded Brake line to steel 
  • And not to forget the Camber pin mod! before all of these

Also contemplating to replace Hydraulic fluid reservoir seen some videos to DIY very straight forward. Reason to replace is to stop it from leaking/sweating due to old age or the irreplaceable built-in filter. But nothing major at this point.

Edited by Angelo

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

If you have genuine interest in the car (or any car for that matter) ring the seller up. Rather than asking unnecessary questions and  be considered a dick by other watchers.  Use your life skills when talking to the vendor, and you get a better idea of both the car and the seller, and you should be able to make an informed decision quite quickly.

I must admit to being addicted to reading the Q&A sections on Trade Me auto's, its more fun than watching TV.

I can think of at least half a dozen reasons to use the Q&A over a phone call, but mostly I just prefer to use the technology as provided.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 8:44 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

Over $3k now, might have to cash up some of my E30 parts horde to finance this..

Less than 3 hours to go chaps! Get the popcorn out

7 hours ago, Jamez said:

*everything 😛 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Antallica said:

Went for $7.6k..... hopefully it will pass the WOF 😬

Seems about right, add another 5k for a manual conversion and it's in the ballpark. 

9 hours ago, Jacko said:

*everything 😛 

I second this 😅

• Like 1