Sign in to follow this  
Palazzo

Overseas order shipping.

Has anyone brought in brakes (rotors/pads) from the likes of FCP etc and found an answer to shipping costs? 
Parts are around $430, shipping is $550?

3 minutes ago, Palazzo said:

Has anyone brought in brakes (rotors/pads) from the likes of FCP etc and found an answer to shipping costs? 
Parts are around $430, shipping is $550?

Yip use Kiwishipping outta Odense Denmark. We use Schmiedmann, and bulk buy. Do a group buy perhaps? The conventional cost efficent courier service we all enjoyed is a goneburger now. And by ship is not easy either.😣

try rockauto. they are really cheap for most parts.

their fedex shipping option is pretty cheap and takes around 5 days to arrive.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, qube said:

try rockauto. they are really cheap for most parts.

their fedex shipping option is pretty cheap and takes around 5 days to arrive.

I had that the other day. 4 days 13 hours from order being submitted.

Amazing service! 

I've had local parcels take longer haha. 

• Like 3

Schmeidmann are on my sh*t list at moment, ordered door seals and they turn up all corroded out, and are screwing around to sort it out.

FCP, ECS, Rockauto are good. Have also had good luck and shipping from some ebay stores in europe (for brake rotors)

• Confused 1

Micksgarage are probably the cheapest shipping for heavy parts ive come across. The selection isnt the greatest though on some vehicles.

Rockauto can be hit or miss on shipping. Recently FCP was much cheaper to ship a pair of E36 struts both using Fedex.

• Like 1

I used Spareto recently for 4 rotors, shipping wasn't cheap but it was quick.

• Rotors x4 US$240
  • Shipping US$230

YMMV.

I've gotten a few parts from Trodo.com recently:

Mostly smaller stuff, but the wiper blades on my Touran are 750mm long, two sets of those in Bosch Aerotwin, plus 2 rears and a pair of Stabilus 2 stage boot struts came in for less than the buying the struts here 🤣 Took 7 days, I think.

Also a pair of heavy Tiguan towing springs and the shipping was 58 euros and I could have added more for the same shipping cost. The pair of springs ended up being NZ$210 delivered, for quality springs I cant even buy here... unless I special order genuine from VW... and VW prices make BMW look cheap!

On 7/23/2021 at 7:01 AM, Allanw said:

I've gotten a few parts from Trodo.com recently

Pretty good prices and shipping costs, just wish they would deduct VAT...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2021 at 1:22 PM, sobanoodle said:

Pretty good prices and shipping costs, just wish they would deduct VAT...

I contacted them and while their system can't deduct VAT, they said they will 'manually' refund the VAT component (21%) once you've ordered and paid.

• Like 1

Have a look at YouShop. They sort out VAT and customs and you end up with a UK address  that covers Euro. Shipping and you also get a delivery address for all your US goods. I recently bought in a set of new mud flaps for our new Honda Hybrid that cost $50 more than if you could get them here (Honda forgot to order them for the new cars) Arrived here in 7 days for pick up up at our local Countdown.

I vaguely remember you saying you preferred ATE brakes over anything else Glenn?

17 hours ago, 318Touring said:

I contacted them and while their system can't deduct VAT, they said they will 'manually' refund the VAT component (21%) once you've ordered and paid.

Nice, are you planning to place an order? 

12 hours ago, sobanoodle said:

Nice, are you planning to place an order? 

Not sure yet as I don't actually need much after checking with the dealership.  I thought I'll need spark plugs, air filter etc. but they said I just need an oil change (I don't think my 2013, 47k car has ever had a spark plug change).  I'm wondering how they can tell without a service book and iDrive is useless.  Anyway I might do an oil change this year and a big service next year with pads change thrown in for good measures.

I recently purchased brakes for my M5 from BM Workshop, they supplied ATE and the price was roughly $450 a corner for the rotors. Which was about the same as buying from FCP including shipping excluding being pinged by Customs for import tax.

Plus there was the added bonus of pick up and saving myself some shipping costs.

Might just be good luck, but I have multiple times ordered stuff over $1000 and have yet to be stung for import duties once...

Spareto for good shipping. Size 44 jandal for reference.  

ABBE510B-0B43-4673-A51F-1A409AAF1BB3.jpeg

23 minutes ago, lord_jagganath said:

^ thanks for the tip!  i now know where to get parts for the peugeot and F10 easily! 

Check with BM Workshop first, their prices were very good on a couple of items.

• Like 1