Sign in to follow this  
nath

cheap E30 M325i on FB

Carjam and vin say sedan...

Lot of work regardless.

2 hours ago, MD13 said:

Carjam and vin say sedan...

Lot of work regardless.

Sedan is a translation of saloon, see two doors.

Sold...

I’ve seen this car in person, it’s the real deal but needs ALOT of work to get it back to its former glory and fetch those M325i prices.

Hasn't seen the road in 11+yrs, so it’s really a ground up build - surprisingly the body doesn’t have too much rust.

With the prices of M20’s, Its more suited for a repower project. 

• Like 1

Previous owners have a lot to answer for!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a M20b25 for sale if anyone purchases this car 😊 

20 hours ago, APT said:

With the prices of M20’s, Its more suited for a repower project.

In terms of bang for buck you are spot on, the better power and torque of common repowers would give you a much better return than putting an M20 into it. The downside would be that for an M325i the key to a high value car would be how collectible it is, and with a non-original engine the appeal for a collector would fall right off. So it depends on what you are looking to achieve, a cool street M325i or a garage queen investment to make the big $$$.

Just out of interest what was being asked for it on bookface it had gone before I got chance to look? Was it just a rolling shell or whole car less the engine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

In terms of bang for buck you are spot on, the better power and torque of common repowers would give you a much better return than putting an M20 into it. The downside would be that for an M325i the key to a high value car would be how collectible it is, and with a non-original engine the appeal for a collector would fall right off. So it depends on what you are looking to achieve, a cool street M325i or a garage queen investment to make the big $$$.

Just out of interest what was being asked for it on bookface it had gone before I got chance to look? Was it just a rolling shell or whole car less the engine.

Whole car less engine and trans- 7500

• Thanks 2

sh*t, good job I didn't see that then, or I would probably now have THREE project cars going nowhere...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

sh*t, good job I didn't see that then, or I would probably now have THREE project cars going nowhere...

It also had chrome 18's and looked like it had been painted purple with housepaint haha

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

The reason I posted it here and FB E30 group is so that I COULDNT have it because it would be snapped up fast. A house beginning renovations, a vintage launch which exists as a maintenance piece, and two garage queens is abooout all I can handle mentally

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have this photo saved for anyone that missed out

6264C34C-75C4-4EE6-958F-C6C7D0207955.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Tech 1? Definitely would’ve picked that up. I’m glad it went or our neighbour’s landlord would be even more pissed that we have more cars out.

damn it was a tech 1. the stuff of dreams it is. I would of bought it. haha 

The wheels are shocking! It probably would make a great project car though. Anyone know how much it was advertised for?

• Thanks 1

I can understand your reaction, but as quite a few on here have suggested they would have jumped on it at that price, and the fact it has gone already shows it was priced probably below market value.

IF that was a genuine M325i and not just a 325i coupe plus bodykit and most of the M-Sports bits were present - the bodykit obviously was, and no terminal rust, that would have been good buying and a really cool rolling restoration type project.

The chrome wheels and purple paint, whilst not ideal, would not be a show stopper for many.

Note to Self: Try spending more time in the garage with your actual cars rather than looking at other possible projects on the net... Repeat after me: I do NOT need another E30 project..

• Thanks 1

I'm phoning a friend, but 11 years off the road and no engine lines up nicely with a friends burgundy 13B PP T68 mt1 that is to this day the fastest car I've ever been in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@leichtbau Funny you say that, when I looked at buying this car and took the initial photos the owner told me he was going to put a rotary in it. 

Originally the vehicle came from Northland 11+ yrs ago and in the engine bay it has a lot of aftermarket wiring and aftermarket gauges around the speedo cluster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1