Sign in to follow this  
hugo_nz

Coming back into the BMW fold

Pretty close to the spec I’d order also, great choices 👍

BMW Hamilton has my exact order spec on their demonstrator so I took a quick roadtrip there this morning. Seeing it in my spec in the flesh has got the excitement going just a bit hahaha. 

3B54BBA3-FE0F-4335-A77B-BC3CB162AF3F.jpeg

ACCA9893-272D-42BC-8C6B-58A88C4F244A.jpeg

8B04DBA0-6C9C-4B45-92E0-FA40B52EAEAC.jpeg

4348F16E-B117-488F-8C79-29EA0E218300.jpeg

• Like 5

Had a look at the Castanea chestnut red interior again yesterday but think I’ll stick to the dark interior I ordered. 

4DE36B04-5F56-4D4A-9060-E88C60AF8234.jpeg

11981BF7-3A9F-4077-8645-4F3942FB9219.jpeg

E6E70B5E-92B1-41C2-ABB4-6461EBB178B8.jpeg

• Like 2

wow, i thought we were over the trend of making dash displays look like an afterthought tacked on last minute. Clearly not...

Those seats look comfy though.

Edited by KwS
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KwS said:

wow, i thought we were over the trend of making dash displays look like an afterthought tacked on last minute. Clearly not...

Those seats look comfy though.

Not even close. Many of the LCI models are getting the same display setup. At least 3, 4, X5 and 7 series have been confirmed or spied with the new setup. 

And yep, the seats are incredibly comfortable. 

I think Mercedes and Audi are doing a better job of integrating display's, BMW have taken a bit of a clinical approach.

I was thinking of the Etron before we got the Tesla, would be interested to see how it compares to the iX.

I was in a 2022 RS5 a week or so back and commented that the info screen looked like it had been stuck on. Didn’t look integrated at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palazzo said:

I was in a 2022 RS5 a week or so back and commented that the info screen looked like it had been stuck on. Didn’t look integrated at all.

It's so gross. That Audi one looks like a cheap tablet on a mount. 

In the bmw, Having the dash that low must make you feel like you're sitting on, not in, the car too. 

I despair at new car "design". It's so lazy. 

Got the call today from my SA advising that my order is in production :D Looking at a mid-may delivery and will be one of the very first customer cars on the road here. Guess it's time to change my profile pic.

My final order spec: 

• iX Xdrive40
  • Msport Exterior Trim
  • Mineral White Metallic Paint
  • Titanium Bronze Individual Exterior Trim
  • Amido Leather Interior World
  • Clear & Bold Crystal Trim Elements
  • Enhancement Pack (Laser Lights, Soft Close Doors, Eclipse Electrochromic Pano Roof)
  • Ventilated Seats
  • 22" Bi-colour 1020 wheels

Side note, if anyone knows of someone looking to buy an EV SAV my e-tron is up for grabs (mates rates to Bimmersport folks) :D

Edited by hugo_nz
  • Like 3

Order update: car was in status 152 - Paint Shop when my SA updated me yesterday. It's getting real now hahaha
  • Like 1

Do they give you updates for all customized ordered BMW's or is it just a general thing?

30 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Do they give you updates for all customized ordered BMW's or is it just a general thing?

Depends on if you want it. Sam at Auckland City asked me how up to date on the progress I want to be and he is delivering those updates regularly. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure there’s a tracker on the main BMW web-site that you can enter your VIN number once it’s allocated, definately used to be.

So BMW, Porsche and VW are all shutting down production in coming days due to supply constraints of wiring harnesses sourced from Ukraine. Incredible how far reaching Putin's was actually is.

It does feel like I have all the car gods on my side though. My car has completed production and been handed over to carrier for shipping (status 182) well ahead of the original production date of 9/3/22.

Edited by hugo_nz
  • Like 3

inb4 boat catches fire and sinks.... you know, because EV bad.

• Haha 2

I thought it wasn't too bad in black where you can't see any of the broken lines. 

Then I found out the bonnet doesn't open. And it's 110ish thousand GBP.

Oh forgot to say. On the big battery with single phase power. 54hour charge time from 0 to 100. Should be a little less in NZ. But not much less.

Edited by Driftit

She's on her way! My SA let me know today that the ETA in New Zealand is May 25th biggrin.gif

• Like 7

On 3/28/2022 at 12:12 PM, Driftit said:

Then I found out the bonnet doesn't open.

Oh forgot to say. On the big battery with single phase power. 54hour charge time from 0 to 100. Should be a little less in NZ. But not much less.

I wasn't sure that the charging time was correct, so I double checked with the fact sheet.

iX Charging.pdf

The 54 hour charging time is only when using the 3-pin contingency charger, which you would only really do if you were stuck somewhere away from home or a charging network. Using a wall-box charger on single phase you can get 7.4kw supplied to the car (just under 30 amps) which is a more realistic time - as tbh if you have an EV like this you need a home or office wallbox to charge from, without the need to add in 3-phase power.

It is possible to open the bonnet, but this is intentionally restricted as you don't really want people poking around in a high voltage area if they don't know what they are doing.

• Like 3

For a car that appears to have very nice seats it sure does spark some huge controversy. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dirtydoogle said:

For a car that appears to have very nice seats it sure does spark some huge controversy. 

Its just such a huge step away from what we all thought was BMW. Slap a Hyundai badge on it and it would never have been discussed here. 

On 5/3/2022 at 2:56 PM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

I wasn't sure that the charging time was correct, so I double checked with the fact sheet.

iX Charging.pdf 208.28 kB · 9 downloads

The 54 hour charging time is only when using the 3-pin contingency charger, which you would only really do if you were stuck somewhere away from home or a charging network. Using a wall-box charger on single phase you can get 7.4kw supplied to the car (just under 30 amps) which is a more realistic time - as tbh if you have an EV like this you need a home or office wallbox to charge from, without the need to add in 3-phase power.

It is possible to open the bonnet, but this is intentionally restricted as you don't really want people poking around in a high voltage area if they don't know what they are doing.

100% on this. There is no reason for the end-user to be poking around under the bonnet. Though it can be opened, it's not recommended. 

As for charging, absolutely need to have at least a 32a plug installed since charging through regular 3-pin would be pointless. BMW for the moment are supplying the iX with a wallbox, portable charger and a type 2 cable.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:39 PM, Driftit said:

Slap a Hyundai badge on it and it would never have been discussed here. 

You bet it would be, on a Hyundai forum (if there is such a thing), and the consensus would be that it is still ugly AF no matter the brand.

• Like 1