E30stz

Quick Questions

14 hours ago, Palazzo said:

No room either way. Full disclosure, it’s a rowing machine. Tried vice grips. Think the best way is to cut a slot in like Neil suggested. Where do you buy a multi tool?

If you can cut a slot in it then you should be able to cut it most of the head off easy with the right tool. A dremel type tool or die grinder would work best using carbide bits but a cutting disc can work to grind down small stuff. 

5 hours ago, topless said:

I use a torx male socket to get these out with reasonable success (come across this quite often). Hammer a slightly oversize one into the hole and then carefully try to get it to shift slightly backwards and fowards before trying to fully undo it. Give the head of the stripped allen key bolt a good number of axial blows before hammering in the torx socket as this will help shock the binding threads loose.

Thanks Will, that did the trick. 2 hours to remove 9 bolts, including digging up my grandfathers 9/16 open ended spanner. Only to find the last bolt has an end missing and simply turns and turns and turns… guess I’ll just have to mask more off.

• Like 1