Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Powder coated the modified cam cover for the e21-m42 conversion, wrinkle black.

Awesome - is the the coloour my axle stands ended up? ;)

Awesome - is the the coloour my axle stands ended up? ;)

No, i did this instead!

Garage is a mess !

2 BM's , 2.5 Mini's and one motorbike and no room to move. Car stereo project coming to an end and need to create some room for 1963 Mk1 turbo mini that's been waiting in the corner for too many years.

Need to find a balance of storing stuff that the family never uses, having work bench space with the right tools and the room to assemble the Mini .

Been looking at garage Journal for inspiration and came across this.

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25148

Any one else managed to sort there garage our as a balance between car storage and useable workshop ?

Need some inspiration !

Garage is a mess !

Any one else managed to sort there garage our as a balance between car storage and useable workshop ?

Need some inspiration !

Yep ... Storage has an area, at any point it starts to creep out side of that area then I have to finish older projects. Works well

My ideal would be two 2-car garages, one for the projects and the other for the daily drivers. The project one would have space for work benches, tools, storage etc. Got as far as getting plans drawn up for the second garage in Palmy, but then we moved to Akl. Where we are now is a good compromise as the garage has plenty of room for 2 cars plus work-bench, parts, bikes, etc. with enough off-road parking for the two dailies and then some.

Noticed the front bumper was hanging off one-side on the wife's E46, and the fog-light had nearly fallen out, all by itself apparently according to Mrs Pom.. so pulled it off to check it out and put it back on properly. Found about half a dead bird and a big F^%k off spider in there plus a few broken clips. A good clean and it'll go back together and then I can get the missing clips on order when I'm back at work next week.

Hey Neal what is in the space above your garage,is it just roof Or bedrooms etc

Fixed the f***ing busted front passenger window motor. The plastic tabs that hold the output cog to the worm drive wheel had disintegrated - three hours and three screws later it works again :D

• Like 1

Cheers for garage advice. Not quite the room to go up ( car on hoist) due to guest bedroom above without upsetting better half but it did cross my mind.

Spent a day reorganising things and got rid of 3-4 cubic meters of clutter. Think I might have some room for roof storage of duplicate car parts for the minis.

Tidying up the rear end of the race car, ready for the NZFMR, now that exhaust is fixed and back in the right place (gases were melting the bumper rubber!!).

Replaced whole bumper with better, straighter one, sprayed up the rubber to match the body work. Touched up marks on the bodywork and re-sprayed worst areas.

Bumper to go back on tonight and then to finally for the decals I got made up about 5 years ago!

• Like 1

Dropped m52 block off at engine shop to get a hone. Spent three days cleaning the sh*t off the m54 Pistons, dropped them off to get dipped and clearances checked. If all goes to plan should have it back in a week ready to assemble with new cams and all the grunty m5x gear I already have. I also drank a lot of beers.

• Like 4

Lux flakes verse Steering wheel. The M stitching looking a lot better now as does the leather.

• Like 1

got a speeding ticket. fun fun fun

• Like 1

More spot polishing yesterday, 140,xxxk's of not being owned by me means there was a bit to tidy up, not far away now.

Fixed a leaking window washer valve under the front left fender, pain in the arse to get to

had an aneurysm trying to plasti-dip my window chrome in the sh*t hole Wellington wind. honestly. screw everyone else that has normal weather / a garage to do it in.

the rage was strong today. here is the result:

post-51309-0-63270100-1421647283_thumb.j

off to go calm down now. thanks very much to everyone that gave me advice along the way:)

• Like 3

Not today well Saturday. Put my style 95 wheels on and even with rolled guards on the rear she still rubs when cornering on the rear bumper funnily enough. The front also sits really high so today I went to go see my mate Fadi at MTS north shore to organise to get her lowered and sort out the rubbing issues. Shes booked in for thursday. :) here are some pics. I can anticipate a few flames from some members but I like these wheels so help me God. :) I want functionality though so no stupidly low vehicle for me ♡ heres my Delilah

b25b7863a7d65f504f2f8effb1aa156a.jpg960a2967663d95b9be0268378d6b9fe0.jpgc39e5d91d9949f52acd72c764a9efa2c.jpg

Edited by EUROHO
  • Like 1

Cleaned the m3 and all the dust and grass inside it after attending the auto cross yesterday. Sad to say I was beaten by a e28 525e but was way more fun just being sideways consistently than trying to get a fast time!

Still got 3rd in class tho!

Edited by euroriffic
  • Like 1

drove the touring to work. suspension is so much stiffer than the CC's Sport mode.

for the best of both worlds, a M57 diesel E34 Touring would be best.

• Like 1

Replaced the valve cover gaskets on the weekend, got jealous over the room there is in an e34 enginebay Vs e36.

Also marvelled at how clean it was :wub:

Posted Image

It's been sitting for a month of Sundays, but still it was spick and span. It had the finest film of oil on everything.

My mate puts it down to all of the Italian tuneups it gets :ph34r:

Edited by Toast

Sent her to MTS to get lowered in the front and sort the rubbing issues on my rear bumper. Fingers crossed :) cant wait to have an evened out car

Replaced the indicators and removed the trims underneath the headlights for respraying.

Cleaned underneath too. Much better :)

Basic stuff, updated angel eyes to whites from lovely yellow OEM, put the front bumber back on after her indoors manage to remove it in the supermarket car park, ARGH

Found why the e46 has been slowly using water over the last few weeks and then using a lot in the last week. Good old cracked expansion tank! Good thing it was caught early before it completely gave out. So that will be this weeks task