Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Pretty sure I used them for new gas struts on the touring. No complaints here. Eastern Europe is a hot bed for new cheap BMW parts, just hope they haven't fallen off the back of a truck. Literaly.

More likely they were carefully "lifted".. ha ah

New spark plugs in the 540i. Lots of "fun" with cylinders 4 & 8 (tight)..

Took mine of of the shed and drove it !

• Like 1

Does it have boost yet?

Only when my right foot decides its the right time

• Like 1

Saw my old 340i E36, still goes well. But a bit dirty etc

Had a chat with the owner and looked under the hood, seems all my conversion aspects looked to be in good working order all these years later. :)

• Like 1

After my "interesting" experiences with buying parts from overseas I decided to order a spoiler from.... Latvia!!

What could possibly go wrong..

Well, bugger me sideways, spoiler turned up this morning on the courier, no issues! I did get a bit worried when the tracker was showing it had been sent to Australia from Latvia., but there you go. A day under two weeks to get here, excellent.

All looks to be in one piece, and is very well wrapped up, so will rip it all open tonight when I get home.

• Like 3

Rescued one ($300 e36 blew it's headgasket, so has now been trailered home) and picked up another. 95 316ti manual :D

• Like 1

Drove it :)

Had some fun with a stillen tuned 370z

Difficult to imagine how the car would run with a functioning VANOS system .. Ray says its like night and day. Can't wait!

(Yesterday)

Picked up the other one and drove it home to Palmy :D

post-3253-0-73797100-1436052048_thumb.jp

post-3253-0-70172600-1436052083_thumb.jp

post-3253-0-48611700-1436052080_thumb.jp

post-3253-0-21369200-1436052075_thumb.jp

Edited by huff3r

Oil/filter change.

Still no loose oil pump bolts swimming around in the sump. Last time I actually pulled the pan off, this time I just gave the pan a few tracks with the rubber mallete after draining oil. Allegedly the sound of bolts banging around in the pan is unmistakable using this technique.

Wish I'd read that prior to the first oil change and decided to occupy a morning undoing and retightening the 400 bolts in that pan while laying in a pile of leaves...

• Like 1

New spark plugs in the 540i. Lots of "fun" with cylinders 4 & 8 (tight)..

Lol on my V12 swap E34 the front 4 on the right hand side are easy to reach once the washer bottle is removed. the rest are a real prick lol. actually would be easier to drop the sump and crank etc like on those old AA ads lol

Cleaned wheels :)

6_zpsf0oakphh.jpg

4_zpsjcvzbd8t.jpg

Edited by Slammed E46
  • Like 1

Relined my door cards no more sagging. Started to stripe it before its respray on Monday! Re dyed the parcel shelf.

Moved her 2.5m sideways on Go-Jacks. really should drive it more........

• Like 1

retightening the 400 bolts in that pan while laying in a pile of leaves...

:D hahaahahahhaa oh the imagery

Glued my IS lip back together, repaired, painted and fixed it to the car.

New ignition switch, got the drivers seat sliding and all the interior lights going again.

Replaced glove box latch with lock-less version.

Oil and filter change and bit of a cut/polish! Should be good for WOF tomorrow.

Successful weekend I reckon!

Edited by Lucan
  • Like 2

Began taking intake side of engine to bits, want to paint intake mani/ rocker cover, do cambelt/tensioner, waterpump, thermostat, rocker cover gasket, oil pan gasket, alternator belt, replace some of the stuffed hoses etc... FCP Euro is going to make some money.

On a side note related to these stupid oil threads that keep popping up, the car had done 350,000km in Wellington before coming to me, with regular oil services but only getting what oil the service agent put in. It's IMMACULATE under the rocker cover. Take from that what you may.

• Like 1

Changed whole Interior to M Sport Leather out of a NZ New crashed coupe. Also changed boot lid to an M Sport one. Black headliner etc. Only parts that didnt get changed were the front seats because I am missing the drivers side full leather seat :(

• Like 2

put the black leather passenger side in, and get a racing bucket seat for the drivers side hahahaha

• Like 1

Striped it over the weekend for the respray! What a mission!! Pulled off the stupid tow bar while i was at it!

Baby shower -- escaped to the pub in the e30 ... Was rad to drive it again after a month. It luuuuvs cool winter air.

• Like 5