Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Spent the weekend polishing and waxing my baby =) first clean since the respray.

Looks mint!

On Friday I took the E60 back to the panel shop after pulling the front bumper off for the third time...........also picked up the E38 after needing new alternator and putting in new rear shock mounts to "cure" squeak...........not cured. On Sat I fitted some replacement trim to the E38 thanks to Klugan for the parts. On Sunday went to use the M5 and battery is flat......jumped into e38 after fitting new boot stays also from Klugan. It pops open and stays open again! Now the shitty bit. Sitting in traffic and notice steam coming from under bonnet. Luckily only a k from home. Get home and hairline crack in expansion tank is pissing steam. Notice fan is not connected and is sitting loose in the shroud. Wonder if mechanic forgot to refit it. Grumpy. 3 BMs and all munted! Wait for everything to cool - refill tank and drive to mechanic. Leave car there and scooter home.........open beer. Will be an interesting discussion tomorrow.

• Like 1

Installed some schnitzer chips in a mate's 850i. Tested it and parked up for some pics in the early evening sun next to mine.

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 7

Parked them all in the shop and stared at them longingly wishing I had time to do work on the e39 and e30

Posted Image

• Like 2

Gave the 750i a much needed clean and poilsh today.

Then fell over on the trailer and broke 2 ribs. That's me in the spectator zone for a couple of weeks.

post-17205-0-85909300-1440564695_thumb.j

^ Dude, ouch!

Hope your pain is low and recovery is fast.

• Like 3

Then fell over on the trailer and broke 2 ribs. That's me in the spectator zone for a couple of weeks.

Ouch... hope you're good...

pay more attention next time ;)

• Like 1

Did headlights restoration on both E39's. Great result will make a separate post with a recommendation.

Before

ca9b007db0924c6b038dfd8d59879092.jpg

After

ee73d888655380e32f1ba9e7cba31ad2.jpgcf3e4911d7a223e3b53e636efa21b227.jpg

Keen to see as I need this in my life

• Like 2

Ouch... hope you're good...

pay more attention next time ;)

Not the first time I've had a broken rib. First time I've had 2 at the same time though..lol

Yup, pay attention. I'd slipped in the gravel I was moving off the trailer a couple of times prior to going ass over head.

attachicon.gifDSCN2209.JPG

Bugger.....least the 750i looks minty! I've broken ribs and it sure is ouchy. YouTube is your friend for a month!

• Like 1

Got it started... Just, can only be started by bridging 2 pins on the diagnostics plug.

Scraped the new front lip. Just took our steep drive a fraction too fast. Not really noticeable as it's the underside but still bloody annoying. Note to self, all bumps, ramps, inclines to be navigated at snail pace.

• Like 1

Gave the car a shakedown yesterday at Hampton downs. Spent the first half of the day chasing a bad misfire. After trying different coils, upping the fuel pressure, and adding a vacuum line to the regulator, I noticed that the water temp and oil pressure/temp values on the dash/logger were jumping up and down with values as low as 8 degrees and as high as 180psi. After fiddling around with the temp sensors etc, we managed to work out that the new link cam angle sensor is creating some EMI across the sensors, causing the ecu to think the Temps/pressures are too low or high and effectively changing the fuel/ign maps and kicking in safety rev limiters.

Unplugged the Temp sensor and the base value was set to 100deg and it was sweet to go. Did 3 laps half arsed, and 2 laps at full noise and then something in the gearbox broke. Ha. Obviously got a bit more torque now. Was awesome to drive when it went though.

Will have it resolved for round one. Yeow.

post-1246-0-71710200-1440885529.jpg

post-1246-0-86774500-1440885545.jpg

• Like 2

Pulled front and rear sub frames out, suspension, lower arms in preperation for new bushes and 5 stud conversion, pressure washed new engine, and began shaving engine bay. Car is sitting lonely on engine stands.

Edited by WYZEUP

Picked up full manual conversion (ZF) + M3 clutch, pressure plate, SM flywheel.

• Like 1

Bought it! Picked up the E38 from Tauranga, awesome trip home over the Kaimais, love that road, not so keen on the traffic

Bought it! Picked up the E38 from Tauranga, awesome trip home over the Kaimais, love that road, not so keen on the traffic

Di you drive the E38 back? How did you enjoy it?

Di you drive the E38 back? How did you enjoy it?

Awesome Dave,exceeded my expectations. Not as quick as the 550 but sh*t that's stupid quick anyway. Awesome handling for such a big car

I'm a convert well and truely:) :)

Replaced the CCV and associated plumbing on the E39. All the internets are right on the mark - utter pig of a job!!

If the little yellow light comes on again it can be Glenns problem. I'm done!

• Like 1

Installed some of the goodies I got this week on the touring. Replaced shifter bushes, rear badge, went to do bonnet struts but they're the longer coupe ones it would seem. Fitted new clutch line, didn't quite fit master cylinder so had to modify it abit. Went to fit the line to the resivour and noticed it's missing the top cap thing so need a new one now, ughhh.

Fitted spigot bearing, flywheel and clutch. Went to fit new guibo to gearbox but was too big as it would seem it's out of a 318, which means the shifter rod will be too long so need to get the shortened.

Cleaned the inside of the E38 for about 6 hours, awesome now :)

Outside first wash needs a full compound and polish but will clean up some more and clay bar first