Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

My horse and car is better than your horse and cart. Its human nature. Has nothing to do with saving the planet as much as it seem it does. Not that the planet actually needs saving :)

Empty your pockets

Dislike!, but McMillans paid for it all so not all bad......yet

Edited by beemn

Arrr technology what a wonderful fickle thing of the modern age. What happens to you and society when it fails in one shape or another?. As Glenn said it empty's your pocket for one makes you reliant upon it in varying degrees in another so what happens if it is removed/ fails would you know how to cope. An extreme view maybe lets slim it down a bit then how good is the average driver these days to control a car in a slid without the abs, asc, dsc any other symbols you want to throw in. What feel does the driver have from the vehicle these days to tell him what is happening really where the tyres meet the road, how the engine is running and sounds etc.

How many of you could put down/ turn off your cellphone or MP3 players and not get withdrawal symptoms. How self reliant are we as people, families a nation for that matter on items that rule our lives and we are not even aware they do it at varying degrees.

Arrr technology what a wonderful fickle thing of the modern age. What happens to you and society when it fails in one shape or another?. As Glenn said it empty's your pocket for one makes you reliant upon it in varying degrees in another so what happens if it is removed/ fails would you know how to cope. An extreme view maybe lets slim it down a bit then how good is the average driver these days to control a car in a slid without the abs, asc, dsc any other symbols you want to throw in. What feel does the driver have from the vehicle these days to tell him what is happening really where the tyres meet the road, how the engine is running and sounds etc.

How many of you could put down/ turn off your cellphone or MP3 players and not get withdrawal symptoms. How self reliant are we as people, families a nation for that matter on items that rule our lives and we are not even aware they do it at varying degrees.

thats a bit deep alan....having trouble with the wiring of the project?.

It really amazes me .. they can do all this :

Adaptive Drive, Adaptive Headlights, Comfort access, Climate Comfort Windscreen, Comfort Seats, Hi-Fi stereo system, Heated Seats, Navigation System Professional, Park Distance Control, Soft Close Doors, Self Leveling Suspension, Sunroof Electric, Sunblind Rear Window, Voice control, 21 Alloy Wheels.

But they can't stop them burning or leaking oil & water at very low kilometers

Where is all this so called technology taking us ??

they need a good thrashing before they get the first service.I really believe they need some full throttle bursts before that are very old.

Edited by kiwi535

My horse and car is better than your horse and cart. Its human nature. Has nothing to do with saving the planet as much as it seem it does. Not that the planet actually needs saving :)

There is certainly a lot of "wank factor" in some of the new technology, some of it is cool and useful whilst some is just for sh!t drivers and lazy drivers. Some of the ideas in the pipeline are pretty mind-blowing stuff, but it will be interesting to see if we ever get the infrastructure in NZ to use any of it!

In terms of saving the planet - a lot is being forced onto all car manufacturers with the ever tightening emissions legislation - has to be met somehow (whether it is saving the planet is certainly debatable, but lets put it into that category), plus BMW in particular is very strong on sustainability and recycling seems to be something the Germans are into for some reason :blink: !

In terms of saving the planet - a lot is being forced onto all car manufacturers with the ever tightening emissions legislation - has to be met somehow (whether it is saving the planet is certainly debatable, but lets put it into that category), plus BMW in particular is very strong on sustainability and recycling seems to be something the Germans are into for some reason :blink: !

Even though it does seem that all car manufacturers is forced into tightened emissions legislations, and followed them to make more sustainable cars, it's almost certainly debatable about the whole "saving the planet" thing.

Not many have heard about the "efficiency paradox", but basically although cars are getting more and more sustainable it doesn't mean it will be used in a sustainable way. Putting it this way, perhaps one day you get those BMW activehybrid or something like that - people do buy them, but drive it more than they would with a normal car because it costs less to drive and fill up so there isn't much difference with using a normal car because healthier sustainable or "greener" technologies doesn't mean decrease in emissions outputs.

Smaller carbon footprints and emissions, yes. But other footprints would largely increase, as there is a limit (believe it or not) to how long we can recycle and recycle - there will STILL be waste output from recycling especially recycling used batteries. To make an electric car, although they are made to be sustainable - how they are made isn't.

That's just my point of view :)

Edited by curves.asia

Spotted a smokey e90 320i today. Thought it would have been a number of years before seeing this happen !

I've seen plenty of fairly late model Japanese cars doing this too...

Must be that technology thing...

I remember reading if you take the sum of the energy and emmissions used to build a first generation prius and then that used over the first 200,000kms and compare it to a regular car i forgot what they used, the prius is worse. LIon batteries usually have around 40-60%of thier original capacity after 7 years, less if used a lot, and the process to recycle those batteries isnt overly pretty. Better than being buried mind you.

Alpine White E30 325i SE in the coromandel, plate was "BMW SE"

Also talked to a guy with a V12 Murchialago, aparently he rents it out at $100/hr up here, not a bad deal!

Alpine White E30 325i SE in the coromandel, plate was "BMW SE"

Also talked to a guy with a V12 Murchialago, aparently he rents it out at $100/hr up here, not a bad deal!

Was it Yellow? $100 seems far too cheap.

Saw BYF100 near Victoria Park earlier. Stunning.

Edited by vtgts300kw

spotted a green v12 850 being raced at Hamptons dam nice guy to talk to and got it for a bargain more time on it there's plenty of potential great to see it running....i want it :)

spotted a green v12 850 being raced at Hamptons dam nice guy to talk to and got it for a bargain more time on it there's plenty of potential great to see it running....i want it :)

Talk nicely to Jamez and he might sell his and aprils 850 v12 :)

Talk nicely to Jamez and he might sell his and aprils 850 v12 :)

the things i could do to it lol only want the one :)

Saw a chrome 3rd or 4th gen Dodge Viper in Albany the other day. That's right, chrome.

Disgusting.

Was it Yellow? $100 seems far too cheap.

Saw BYF100 near Victoria Park earlier. Stunning.

AFAIK he drives you round for $100 an hour, you do not get to drive it... I cant think of anything more embarrassing than being driven around in a yellow Lamborghini by a man in his late 50's, you would look like his special friend.

Spotted a White Touring in Papakura, has AC Schnauzer wheels and is not as low as the driver things it is with his slow and sideways speed bump approach angle. :ph34r:

This on the southern motorway last night - tidy.

Saw that at Hampton Downs last year. Stunning.

e30 Thursday!

Saw a black sedan with rusted bonnet and roof racks coming down Greville rd at lunch time. Saw a white sedan with tech 1 kit at the shops in Albany. Saw a nice black m325 back on Greville going home - license plate something like driftit. Then saw a nice standard looking sedan on East coast...

They everywhere here on the sunny side of Auckland :P

I own the M325. Is my daily. I see so many Bimmersport people out this way. At least one member every two days.

AFAIK he drives you round for $100 an hour, you do not get to drive it... I cant think of anything more embarrassing than being driven around in a yellow Lamborghini by a man in his late 50's, you would look like his special friend.

agreed, yep thats the guy. not my cup of tea. roads up the top of the coromandle are sh*t anyway, my wagon touched the ground from time to time and its not THAT low, the lambo looks lower still.

I own the M325. Is my daily. I see so many Bimmersport people out this way. At least one member every two days.

i rarely see anyone down here. considering putting a bimmersport decal on my econovan for a headlight flick now and again :P

i rarely see anyone down here. considering putting a bimmersport decal on my econovan for a headlight flick now and again :P

Am I allowed one on my Falcon? :unsure:

Or the Rangie? :mellow:

A silver e39 touring on Mpars and another e39 touring which looks like it was glacier green, something different

Saw Jeff by Panmure, I see members all the time too...must be few of us out east