Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Today i got to drive some very special cars, every six months they come in to update their wofs then get a drive through the country side for a blow out.

'77 Ferrari 308 GTB

'74 Ferrari Dino ($500,000)

You certainly take advantage of power assist everything and nice soft clutches after driving these. Took a while to get the hang of it.

But on the open road, what cars!

Tomorrow is somr more of the fleet, Daytona, GT3 and Camaro SS.

I Love my job.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lucky bugger, performance what are they like compared to say a modern day car?

The Dino is a V6 and 308 is a V8 but the Dino seemed quicker. Still fast in todays terms. The noise was the best part though.

I saw this BMW Isetta today at Hokitika (West Coast of the South Island).

We did a day Trip to the coast in the E30, I drove by this car and just had to stop and take a Pic.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Awesome, I have never seen one but designed a modern version for a project in my Transport Design class about 2 years ago. Was a great project and I would love to check one out properly instead of in photos!

An older guy in a white manual 320i e30 vert driving through town giving it all it's got from every set of lights. Had a giggle

Saw a beautiful E3 pull into the selwyn district council yesterday when I was around their shooting footage of the fires. It was in this blue, mad respect :)

post-4560-1357955218.jpg

Auckland: which one of you was I following southbound from the North Western motorway to the Greenlane off-ramp this morning? He was driving a stunning black E28 motorsport. Registration was "535 IA". I was behind you in the silver E39 "MENGY". Nice ride, man.

this one

belongs to mate of mine

he has 2 the other is black manual M535i with the plates NA535 (my dads old one when it was new)

post-279-1357963096.jpg

Spotted the Silver 850CSI on my way to the airport the other day.

Spotted a acne filled horrid looking Green E28 with a M535i lit kit and shiny wheels on Eliot street in Papakura doing 65 in the 30 road works zone. Sack of douchebags.

Spotted the Silver 850CSI on my way to the airport the other day.

Spotted a acne filled horrid looking Green E28 with a M535i lit kit and shiny wheels on Eliot street in Papakura doing 65 in the 30 road works zone. Sack of douchebags.

i wonder if thats mitch's old one .

not too many green ones with kits on them that i know of

Spotted in the past few days:

An e34 540 Touring in burgandy - looked absolutely mint, bog standard (looking, at least). Stunning car - kudo's if you're on here.

A z3m coupe in black, hooning around town. Filthy dirty, didn't get a good look so can't comment on the condition.

A new M6 in orange - very impressive. Spotted last night. Could be a demo?

A new M6 in orange - very impressive. Spotted last night. Could be a demo?

You should know more... :ph34r:

A z3m coupe in black, hooning around town. Filthy dirty, didn't get a good look so can't comment on the condition.

I have met that owner. Its quite uniqe that car, it's a 2002 model with the S54. UK import. Done about a million (hard) kms. But he has had it for a long time. Cool car.

Spotted a mint and immac. as white E30 sedan rego "PK200" for a second time in a month last night near the Auckland ports, I believe the driver and I looked at each other as I was turning and corner and he was on the opposite intersection haha :D

This pic's from the first time I spotted this about last month at Mission Bay near Kohimarama Beach...

Posted Image

Hope he sees this post... Just wanted to tell him that he's got a mint as ride

Have spotted that car too, I think its a 320i SE.

Spotted a smokey e90 320i today. Thought it would have been a number of years before seeing this happen !

Spotted a smokey e90 320i today. Thought it would have been a number of years before seeing this happen !

They're like Harley's... they either leak or burn oil

Yikes! I've also seen a fair few smokey e63/64 6-series from early-mid 2000's. Not sure which engine.

Yikes! I've also seen a fair few smokey e63/64 6-series from early-mid 2000's. Not sure which engine.

would be the N62, valve stem seals, happened to our x5, same motor as 645, 545 745

It really amazes me .. they can do all this :

Adaptive Drive, Adaptive Headlights, Comfort access, Climate Comfort Windscreen, Comfort Seats, Hi-Fi stereo system, Heated Seats, Navigation System Professional, Park Distance Control, Soft Close Doors, Self Leveling Suspension, Sunroof Electric, Sunblind Rear Window, Voice control, 21 Alloy Wheels.

But they can't stop them burning or leaking oil & water at very low kilometers

Where is all this so called technology taking us ??

Where is all this so called technology taking us ??

...lower fuel consumption, lower emissions, more power, more torque, lighter weight, smaller carbon footprint, more recyclable materials, longer service intervals...

Apart from that what has the technology ever done for us?? :unsure:

Apart from that what has the technology ever done for us?? :unsure:

Empty your pockets