Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

Saw AJ In new market I think? You on bottlecaps now?

Posted Image

Somewhere in the darkness there is a DB4 parked outside the restaurant on Saturday night. Sounds amazing.

Also today saw a PFL Tech 1 coupe on widened steelies down Blenheim Road. Anyone on here?

Saw one of these today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Carjam says its Genuine too. http://www.carjam.co.nz/car/?plate=TZ1558

Those that think its just another 911, its actually a 356 which is one of if not the first Porsche models made, based on a VW Beetle which Porsche himself designed for VW (and Hitler for that matter). Convertibles of this called speedsters are well into the 200k range, im not really sure what this Type B is worth, probably not quite that much, but a very rare car these days none the less.

Nice 356!

If that were mine, it'd be parked a LOT better - some SUV is gonna reverse into it :(

If you hadn't given the extra info, I was going to make a joke about posting a VW Beetle in the SPOTTED thread :P

I have a Beetle, so I practically own one of those :lol:

Edited by Allanw

PS thats outside Wellington Central Railway station

A familiar 540i M in Ellerslie outside the car fair. Hybrid?

Nah, ain't been to Ellerslie in a long time. Can been seen usually in the weekends at every open home known to man :/ property hunting sucks.

Nah, ain't been to Ellerslie in a long time. Can been seen usually in the weekends at every open home known to man :/ property hunting sucks.

Hmmm. Must have been another forum members car!

Ahh interesting, what areas have you been looking in? I work for Ray White in the Royal Oak, One Tree Hill, Onehunga, Greenlane suburbs.

Also today saw a PFL Tech 1 coupe on widened steelies down Blenheim Road. Anyone on here?

I almost brought that, should of bid the extra 50 buks and would of been mine... Sold for 2150. Is a auto 318i

I almost brought that, should of bid the extra 50 buks and would of been mine... Sold for 2150. Is a auto 318i

I thought it had looked familiar. Must have had it on my watchlist aswel.

Shite pic, sorry, but saw this F12 M6 on Ponsonby Rd yesterday. Really like these cars but not that fond of this colour.

post-51136-0-11408600-1381303548_thumb.p

Hmmm. Must have been another forum members car!

Ahh interesting, what areas have you been looking in? I work for Ray White in the Royal Oak, One Tree Hill, Onehunga, Greenlane suburbs.

North / West areas ... Haven't been looking south as it doesnt suit our plans so to speak.

Jasmits E46 ^

Had some weird bogan guy shout out at me (had window down) asking if the car was Manual...

lol.

Came back this week from our triannual trip to Europe to see family, etc.

Spotted this in France. Oh dear.

post-4208-0-96592100-1381309121_thumb.jp

Saw a lot of these new 3 series GTs in France. Don't like 'em.

post-46644-0-16769200-1381317466_thumb.j

Our tiny Fiat 500 hire car got upgraded to this in the UK. Pity we only had it for 2 days.

post-46644-0-70116800-1381317419_thumb.j

The weather was like this in England (that's an E46 M3 in a traffic jam in front BTW).

post-46644-0-58675000-1381317320_thumb.j

Saw this ludicrous 'toy' car in Selfridges. It's a proper miniature car. Saw some arabs seriously considering it for their little prince.

post-46644-0-84010400-1381317476_thumb.j

Saw this ludicrous toy in the McLaren store. I could live with it.

post-46644-0-21026200-1381317498_thumb.j

Edited by jeffbebe

^^ Awesome!!! Some great sights on that trip! Do you have any more of the mini-car? Looks pretty intricate!

^^ Awesome!!! Some great sights on that trip! Do you have any more of the mini-car? Looks pretty intricate!

No, I was mainly trying to prevent my four year old from climbing into it and driving off, so I barely got a chance to take this pic!!

What was interesting is that in both the UK and France I saw thousands of bimmers but very few that were older than E90s and E60s. A few E46s but very few E39s and I only saw one E30 (a mint green convertible in Paris). Guess the climate and cheaper costs mean people don't keep them as long as we do.

Couldn't help thinking some of the very well kept older members' cars on here would be great desirable over there!

Edited by jeffbebe

What was interesting is that in both the UK and France I saw thousands of bimmers but very few that were older than E90s and E60s. A few E46s but very few E39s and I only saw one E30 (a mint green convertible in Paris). Guess the climate and cheaper costs mean people don't keep them as long as we do.

Many reasons, but cars are much less "desirable" once they are over 3 or 4 years old. Only 1 in five new vehicles sold in the UK goes to a private buyer, the rest are lease / hire / company cars which get flicked every 12months, or 3 years tops.

Also contributes to the flood of older imports into NZ.. the average age of the NZ fleet would be approx. twice that of the UK or most EU countries.

Lots of well kept older models if you know where to look, not used so much as daily drivers though, more sunny Sunday drivers, which given the weather is why they don't come out that often :blink: !!

2002 TII 73' in Kohimarama - Must be a members, absolutely mint. Alpina steering wheel, Hella fogs, looked to be original head unit and very fitting retro pioneer rear parcel tray speakers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by ScottE30

Saw AJ In new market I think? You on bottlecaps now?

Not forever, had two punctures last Friday so I'm just using spares until my other tyres arrive

A rather clean and tidy E36 Coupe in silver, bimmersport decal on the back window going along Ngatiawa Street in One Tree Hill this afternoon.

Who was this?!

E39 M5 around Newmarket yesterday in Le Mans Blue Reg - ANHXXX

Visiting the VASK Stance Off perhaps in Nuffield St ?

Looked lovely anyway. Forum member ?

Black E39 M5 Northbound Khyber Pass this morning.

Black F10 M5 on K-Raod, dent in the boot.

Audi R8 in Penrose, Silver, fat guy.