Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

yeah, didnt think there was much point in giving you a toot.... was in the prelude :P

saw a e36 coupe msport 323i TECHNO VIOLET!! on the southern getting off at ellerslie panmure exit...

favorite colour for e36... drool.... hope it had white leather interior

if it's just popped, it would have to rain pretty hard to get wet (from my experience).

Same here.

Who was the naughty one in a while e30 wagon on black wheels pulled up by.cops at otara mit ?

That would be me....... No Front bumper is apparently illegal?. Even with number plate showing in visible area... and they thought it needed certing for the lowness.

Certainly is.

Aw, I was told as long as you have your licence plate visible and you have the bumper on (I was missing the plastic cover over the front that covers the actual bumper) it is allowed while its getting repaired??

Or is my boss just trying to get me a ticket??

Aw, I was told as long as you have your licence plate visible and you have the bumper on (I was missing the plastic cover over the front that covers the actual bumper) it is allowed while its getting repaired??

Or is my boss just trying to get me a ticket??

He's havin' a chuckle on your behalf me thinks.

What ya have to do is think "what would happen if i hit a pedestrian with no front bar". Not allowed any sharp edges or protrusions.

Yep all comes down to pedestrian impact, number plate isn't a worry.

LOL that's pretty pathetic. Regardless if you have a front bumper or not, if your going to hit a pedestrian the chances of survival are slim. Sheesh. Car looked cool though, I drove straight past you in mine, you didn't look too happy ha

LOL that's pretty pathetic. Regardless if you have a front bumper or not, if your going to hit a pedestrian the chances of survival are slim. Sheesh. Car looked cool though, I drove straight past you in mine, you didn't look too happy ha

Yeah had just finished one of my exams. <_< .... I'd just walked out, jumped in the car and was about to start to drive off when the cop pulls out from Mc D's..... and what do you know the lights turn on and he points at me. wasn't to happy...

Edited by Euro_M325i

He's havin' a chuckle on your behalf me thinks.

What ya have to do is think "what would happen if i hit a pedestrian with no front bar". Not allowed any sharp edges or protrusions.

Aw I thought is sounded funny when he said it. <_<

But I did have the front bar on, I just didn't have the plastic cover. Would that make a difference??

so what was the fine?

(bad luck btw, it seems to come at the best of times... haha...)

so what was the fine?

(bad luck btw, it seems to come at the best of times... haha...)

$200.00 ..... wasn't a good day to be honest. <_<

sigh, seems a bit harsh, could easily just let u off with a warning or like $50 just to provide incentive(?) to not do it again... always trying to make a quick buck

from what iv been told, the bumper, if hit a pedestrian is designed to bump people off, without it they will be dragged under the car giving a higher risk of death/injury

Edited by slasH

You'd think they'd be better off ticketing all the retards who can't drive properly, in the wrong lanes, running red lights, poor lane control, can't use indicators and cross the centre line.

They're likely to directly cause an accident, resulting in serious injury.

Of course, up here, that's often the cops though - I've honked at two on my road who can't stay on their side of the centre line and apparently cop cars don't have indicators, especially at roundabouts.

I saw that purple E36 wagon, gold wheels etc on the motorway yesterday. Looks quite nice

It was on TM a while back. Not sure how long.

He's a forum member, he came to the Show N Shine at Botany 2010 or 2011 can't remember. Cruised out Waiuku way,

I saw that purple E36 wagon, gold wheels etc on the motorway yesterday. Looks quite nice

He works in Mt smart area, e36 328i genuine Motorsport with real BBS, seen him a few times car looks sick!

Coolest car at HQ this week, E30 M325i absolutely MINT. Pictures don't do it justice, phone camera and photo taken in the basement so not the best quality.

post-2707-1353212824.jpg

post-2707-1353212870.jpg

It's got all the cool options - map light mirror, tweeter pods, OBC, etc.

Not allowed any sharp edges or protrusions.

Ironically, an E30's bumper is like... a sharp protrusion...

Coolest car at HQ this week, E30 M325i absolutely MINT. Pictures don't do it justice, phone camera and photo taken in the basement so not the best quality.

post-2707-1353212824.jpg

post-2707-1353212870.jpg

It's got all the cool options - map light mirror, tweeter pods, OBC, etc.

Sure is a minter! drives like new too! i've tried a few times to get him to part with it but he just wont.