Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

I was wondering when the i8 would get snapped on the Southern Motorway doing it's "test runs". Styling looks amazing in the flesh and the performance is pretty good too, sounds incredible for a PHEV when it's given some boot. Mind you, the i3 is probably even more impressive in terms of its acceleration, although that might be because my expectations were a bit lower for a full electric car.

I was wondering when the i8 would get snapped on the Southern Motorway doing it's "test runs". Styling looks amazing in the flesh and the performance is pretty good too, sounds incredible for a PHEV when it's given some boot. Mind you, the i3 is probably even more impressive in terms of its acceleration, although that might be because my expectations were a bit lower for a full electric car.

I've seen it around acouple times now, this was the first time I wasn't stuck in traffic and could get my phone camera out in time.

Sounded pretty good, had the passenger window down in anticipation haha

Edited by Lucan

At Ruapuna Raceway in Chch today....

2014-11-01113622_zpsd55a4c59.jpg

2014-11-01113717_zps73f54d00.jpg

2014-11-01113723_zpsa86b23ef.jpg

Nice to see Conrad's old car get some use.

I must have missed the Hate train that day.

Wow first time that story has ever checked out. Nice.

Hi Dan...

It's not an urban legend, but I'm not entirely sure that this is the car in question... Unless there's been two!

I have tried my local countdown on 4 occasions this week, always been too late. I reckon their staff are snapping them up. Also tried Nosh, farro fresh, new world etc. No joy.

heard it's life changing good choc milk though.

They have security onsite where they make it lol.

of course their staff are snapping it up.... they get f**k all else out of their miserable job... Use to do it all the time with 1 day stickman specials.

Hi Dan...

It's not an urban legend, but I'm not entirely sure that this is the car in question... Unless there's been two!

Vic Lee had 3 cars ( Soper, Bellm and Harvey ). From memory, the car that "won" the championship was actually Sopers car, which Harvey drove at the final round due to damage to his own car. And I think it is that chassis which is now in NZ?

Vic Lee had 3 cars ( Soper, Bellm and Harvey ). From memory, the car that "won" the championship was actually Sopers car, which Harvey drove at the final round due to damage to his own car. And I think it is that chassis which is now in NZ?

Sorry... Wasn't talking about the cars themselves... just the recreational pharmaceuticals!

just had a glimpse of a silver e36 coupe with red mags with silver dish at hyper mag and tyre shop.

looked pretty neat

I saw what looked like a mtech2 white e30 325 in highland park area last week. Rego something like DAPER. Anyone on here?

thats the one that hideously overpriced in the Trademe section on here isnt it?

thats the one that hideously overpriced in the Trademe section on here isnt it?

That's the one. I don't know, I actually think it is a fair price as long as all the original bits come with it and it's in good condition otherwise. I know of a nz new mtechII that sold for that price about 7 years ago... As Kurt mentioned, there is no real logic to car values when it comes to some of rarer models...

Mtech 1 & 2 E30's annoy E36 M3 owners. Because they are in the same price bracket. But not in the same performance bracket. :P

• Like 3

That's because you can spend money on a car to make it go faster and handle better, you can't spend money on a car to make it a Genuine Tech I or Tech II.

Plus you can only go 100kph on NZs road's so why worry about performance? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Mtech 1 & 2 E30's annoy E36 M3 owners. Because they are in the same price bracket. But not in the same performance bracket. :P

I just think all E30s are overpriced :P

• Like 1

Plus you can only go 100kph on NZs road's so why worry about performance? :ph34r:

Acceleration, thats why.

• Like 1

Acceleration, thats why.

I think they call that "Unnecessary display of acceleration" or something to that effect.

I think they call that "Unnecessary display of acceleration" or something to that effect.

Bleh, come at me bro.

• Like 1

Rather take an E30 for a walk along a back road etc than an E36 any day. weight sucks, E36 is and feels to be a bigger car

White 2002 with hella spots on the front, looked tidy? waved out. Are you a member?