Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

On 10/27/2023 at 9:45 AM, E30 325i Rag-Top said:

This one… IMG_0413.jpeg

It’s the parts & service dept work truck, because BMW don’t do utes, unlike some other “premium” car manufacturers.

Doesn't compute. BMW makes a wagon. More space. Secure. Not a Ranger Danger. Zero need for a ute just like most Ranger owners. 

• Like 2

Guessing tow rating and performance. Nothing BMW sell tows a car trailer very well compared to a basic leaf sprung ute. 

People can and will argue all they want, but sometimes basic is best. 

They will never tow anything.  It will crawl along in Auckland traffic delivering bits that would fit in the boot of a hatch back.  Anything bigger would go by courier.

They are Hamilton based. They tow cars on car trailers with it. 

To go further into the conspiracy, I would bet they got it from Rotorua Ford, the family's that own that business are massive BMW fans, in fact they used to sell them. 

I fully support where you are coming from, I am president of the Ranger hatters Facebook group, I hate all Utes with a passion and trolling them is actually a hobby of mine. 

• Like 1

Nothing to do with the fact that a pallet of parts from the warehouse will fit in the tray, and not in a Touring though...

On 10/31/2023 at 12:11 PM, Apex said:

They are Hamilton based. They tow cars on car trailers with it. 

Seems odd.  But if you have seen I will believe you.
I'm out of touch with what BMW dealer is where sorry.  BMW doesn't exist after about 2015 for me.

23 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Nothing to do with the fact that a pallet of parts from the warehouse will fit in the tray, and not in a Touring though...

I guess the couriers must cost so much these days they employ someone to do it themselves.

I hate modern utes with great passion.  They look like sh*t, ride like sh*t and are driven like sh*t.  Yet that opinion clearly isn't shared with the majority as they plague our roads.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Driftit said:

Seems odd.  But if you have seen I will believe you.
I'm out of touch with what BMW dealer is where sorry.  BMW doesn't exist after about 2015 for me.

I guess the couriers must cost so much these days they employ someone to do it themselves.

I hate modern utes with great passion.  They look like sh*t, ride like sh*t and are driven like sh*t.  Yet that opinion clearly isn't shared with the majority as they plague our roads.

They have been there since you could buy a E36 M3 Evolution brand new so no excuses! 2015 is generous though, in my head, BMW stoped making cars and shut down after the E46.

On another note, check out this double project! Just in time really as I was looking at both buying an E39 as a project and a house I don't like! 

Squat.png

• Haha 3

Engineering tour de forces right there.  But did you really have to photograph them from the front??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

MPQWER? I wouldn't've have thought a ICE high performance BMW would have been Chlöe Swarbrick's first choice as a Green MP but there you go, always a surprise!  

Real treat yesterday, 40 Ferraris, old and new and then 40 odd Porsches heading south of BP Solar. So cool seeing clubs in convoy on the Motorway. 

I did spot a BMW yesterday too. 

• Haha 2

Brother from another mother is more appropriate, well given the mother is responsible for the looks. 

Spotted a lot of gen 1 X5's in Tuakau. There are now classics IMHO. 

Imola red E39 M5 in Akl (plate = AWSUM5)…no pics sorry. Assume there are very few in that colour in NZ. Apparently 79 total in RHD.

13 minutes ago, balancerider said:

Imola red E39 M5 in Akl (plate = AWSUM5)…no pics sorry. Assume there are very few in that colour in NZ. Apparently 79 total in RHD.

One of two Imola. Not sure if they're the basic comfort seats or the speccy E38 "comfort" seats, but it has differing seats. 

Spotted this out for a Sunday cruise yesterday. Looked in awesome condition!

Also spotted Julian's immaculate E21 by the airport. 

IMG_4872 copy.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Spotted this out for a Sunday cruise yesterday. Looked in awesome condition!

Also spotted Julian's immaculate E21 by the airport. 

IMG_4872 copy.jpg

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/bmw/320i/listing/4431213109
it’s for sale.

Yes, hence the hyperlink I posted 😉

I've got a funny feeling that $13K would actually own it, sounds like absolutely no one has taken the time to go and look. There was bronzit manual 325i vert that sold down here for $15K over winter that had the same story. I can't stand chrome bumper E30's but it sure is tempting. 

Comprehension skills were clearly lacking for me earlier.

• Haha 1

Stopped at the Pitstop Coffee place in Carterton yesterday morning.
Really well kept E46 M3 in black with the plate M33333.
I think it is the owner of the print shop there.  Also has a nice BMW R70ish cafe racer.

Nice to see one out and about rather than sitting in some ones garage where they are hoping it will go up in value by another $5k this year.

• Like 1