Apex

SPOTTED! The official thread

We need a 💛 reaction for that ^ stuff.

On 6/20/2023 at 12:41 PM, E63 said:

Tidy looking T2 spotted.

I also saw what looked like a 135i - ‘CRBN’ that looked like it meant business. By the look of it, I could tell that there was something mean under the hood. Quite unlike all the E90’s you see with stickers, DTM’s, and M badges. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was a member’s car.

IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpeg

Beautiful car, can;t tell if the car is built compactly or parking space is very generous. Parking space in AKL is tight as...

48 minutes ago, Cannabis9478 said:

Parking space in AKL is tight as...

I wish is was tighter, to discourage (or even better, punish) people who drive ridiculous 5m long, 2m wide SUV's around like they own the roads (and carparks).

Spotted this Volvo bus fitted with E39 facelift headlights.  A rather expensive choice of headlights for a bus. 

9020CA5F-878E-4493-9E8A-22C909FE9350.jpeg

909CA306-FD1F-42D7-A454-F76522FCAD49.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Id say they are quite reasonably priced compared to your average modern LED light. $300ish for second hand set last time i checked.

I did a group buy for E39 Halogens, brand new from Hella NZ in 2012 - NZ$640 inc gst.

I ended up selling my set on, a while later and importing a brand new boxed set of genuine Xenons, with a "retrofit" self levelling kit for about NZ$900 after shipping and GST etc.

To be honest though - the halogens are TERRIBLE on an E39, I'd hate to have to use them while driving a bus!

🥵

Price was about $169k if I remember correctly.

IMG_0386.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

A beauty at the Birkenhead New World... Though @Sammo might have had a make over!!

20230804_163650.jpg

Edited by Cement
  • Like 4

@Cement That is my stomping ground but not mine (sadly!)

MTech1 M325i with a S50B32 under the hood and fresh out of the paint booth!

• Thanks 1

Needs to be white, then it could have been Rosco P. Coltranes!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Allanw said:

Needs to be white, then it could have been Rosco P. Coltranes!

Don't park like Rosco! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Neil McCauley said:

Bugger, was planning on picking that up Thursday morning.

I do know of another for sale at the moment.

• Like 1

A lovely silver E39 on Glenfield Road this evening. Came up behind it and was admiring it as I drove past. The driver then caught up with me to complement my car. Such beautiful cars!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, balancerider said:

treone ?

Bugger - snapped at Spotlight getting essential sewing supplies bahaha 🤣. Since the day was good, took it out for what now seems like its monthly drive ☹️

• Haha 1

Spotted Jooles old V12850 in Tuakau yesterday, was with a customer so didnt catch up the new owner... did watch him do a 15 point turn to get out of the car park though so I can only assume they haven't installed a reversing camera.

Also spotted a few e90 series 335i's BMW's in Tuakau.. so that means they have reached the lowest depreciation point and we should be looking to buy some tidy ones soonish before there are bugger all left? 

42 minutes ago, Apex said:

Spotted Jooles old V12850 in Tuakau yesterday, was with a customer so didnt catch up the new owner... did watch him do a 15 point turn to get out of the car park though so I can only assume they haven't installed a reversing camera.

Also spotted a few e90 series 335i's BMW's in Tuakau.. so that means they have reached the lowest depreciation point and we should be looking to buy some tidy ones soonish before there are bugger all left? 

yes e9x 335i have reached an all time low in depreciation. Not really in a position to talk too much since my 135i isn't exactly unmolested either, but the majority are now driven by yobos with heinous burble tunes and never see any maintenance but a bunch of aliexpress bolt ons. Also quite a few being crashed. Not many tidy ones around. 

Just your average tow vehicle…. 

7D06AFE0-6D3D-4AEF-AF00-08DDF32EC154.jpeg

E873D0BB-054A-443D-ACD6-832AB46EFA70.thumb.jpeg.8531417effbdafec1bfda7f87288a6e2.jpeg

Edited by Kees
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2023 at 2:57 PM, elias said:

yes e9x 335i have reached an all time low in depreciation. Not really in a position to talk too much since my 135i isn't exactly unmolested either, but the majority are now driven by yobos with heinous burble tunes and never see any maintenance but a bunch of aliexpress bolt ons. Also quite a few being crashed. Not many tidy ones around. 

Accurate around here. They are like the BA Falcon for people slightly more sophisticated. 

There is a guy with a white one around the corner who has just done a "burble tune" and he floors it up our road a few time a week, my wife said she was going to leave me for him because she loves seeing a car spin one wheel up a incline in the wet and wishes I would be more like him. I told her I can only dream of being in a position to finance a 20 year old BMW and remap it and I am working really hard to achieve that goal before 2025. Watch this space, its public now so no excuses.  

Edited by Apex
  • Haha 4