Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Operation: Weapons Grade

Have a E-beer sir, I am sure you and your partners and crime need one or six

post-3292-1270032874.jpg

Can't wait for the vid :D

Update:

TITS!!!

P.S it was up to operating temperature before I did this :)

Posted Image

Video link

God you look stoked. Well done mate, will def pop in next time your up there.

ahh wicked dude nice work , im guessing the whole wireing thing done your head in but yea it paid off

Damn! As everyone has said, hats off to you guys.

Checked it out last weekend when I was up there and couldn't stop smiling :D . It really is a stunner. Can't wait to see it rolling B)

Guest Simon*

Faaaark that sounds wicked! And it spools so quickly!

Well done lads. Big congrats :)

chur fellas... A lot of work put in by brendon and ray over this. I will post up all the EWS photos and wiring photos. Kind of wanted to get it right before posting it up. Good thing out of all of this we are now very familar with the e36 m3 engine loom,e30 body loom and how EWS now works.

James, I think I know what RaceFX mean't by EWS cutting out. What it actually is, is the position of the chip to the induction coil.. its really sensitive.

Because it works on a short wave signal there is such a thing as too close tot he coil. I think what we will do is make a spider in the middle of the web senario .. as the position would be when a normal key was inserted.

Interestingly enough you can actually start the car with out the ship but it will die straight away (ECU shuts it all down) So key positioning is (excuse the pun) key :D

Congrats Josh, must be stoked, does it move?

Tengs Tools Championship = starting in June...

Think you will make it?

From the organisor:

"We intend to run a tarmac series again this year, dates being the 2nd Sunday of June, July, August and September. October will be 3rd Sunday - Taxi Racing on a wee hill near Sydney takes out entries when they clash with us.

Venues not finalised, but will run motorkhana, autocross, bent sprint, track sprint and hillclimb as usual."

does it move?

Nah not yet .. after easter.

Respectfully requesting a ride.

sweet

Tengs Tools Championship = starting in June...

Think you will make it?

Tempting .. should be able too :) ..

NOOOICE ONE BRUVVAAA!!!

Congrats to all the team, amazing amount of work hours in that beast.

cheers fellas! Brendon and I have been waiting around 2 weeks for this point. Ill post all the wiring photos when I get off easter off easter holiday. We ended up using ProgmanSSS to program it in the DME section. Realoem part numbers where the key. Enter the Base DME partner number first then pick the closest 'programmed' dme part number that suits for the replacement DME .. in this case M3 s50 programmed with cats.

supply constant 13+ volts during programming as not to brick the DME.

Make sure the chip is able to be read by the reader coil. Chip position is very sensitive. The car will actually fire with no chip however it will die pretty much straight away as the DME doesnt approve.

It is a good idea at this point once the car is started to kill it and re-diagnose the modules to make sure everything is squeaky clean.

and away it goes :)

cheers fellas! Brendon and I have been waiting around 2 weeks for this point. Ill post all the wiring photos when I get off easter off easter holiday. We ended up using ProgmanSSS to program it in the DME section. Realoem part numbers where the key. Enter the Base DME partner number first then pick the closest 'programmed' dme part number that suits for the replacement DME .. in this case M3 s50 programmed with cats.

supply constant 13+ volts during programming as not to brick the DME.

Make sure the chip is able to be read by the reader coil. Chip position is very sensitive. The car will actually fire with no chip however it will die pretty much straight away as the DME doesnt approve.

It is a good idea at this point once the car is started to kill it and re-diagnose the modules to make sure everything is squeaky clean.

and away it goes :)

pics please, josh this is inspires me somewhat chronic, please share your hard work with ews to the world so we can endevour into future projects B)

Wiring pics as promised ..

Finished up the covers weds night. Things left to do are sort out permanant earths for the engine etc, Sway bar mounts modified, clutch and expansion tanks mounted on OE brackets to body and sorting out the radiator fan and wiring.

So it starts..

Removed the e36 cover to expose the wiring. Lots of un-nessecary coppper in these things :( bit of a birds nest too for straightning out.

Posted Image

Separation of the loom DME plug so with fit through the firewall. I hear all sorts of stories/posts of people enlarging the firewall holes with a hole saw .. I dont get it? just pull the plug apart and feed it through and re-construct back on the other side.

Great thing with Siemens and Boshe plugs, they are meant to be pulled apart for pin additions. Taught ourselves that when doing my e46 satnav retrofit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Through the other side.

EWS and DME wiring

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Reader coil wiring and chip placement.

Posted Image

Fuse box wiring back to ignition

Posted Image

A nice little spread sheet of the e30 pre-fl vs e36 engine loom with colours.

Posted Image

Packing the loom together behind the new plastic shrowding for a nice OEM look and finish

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was about to question about throttle cable placement til that last pic lol. Wheres your clutch reservoir hiding ?

Damn thats looking tough. You must be pretty close to finishing off? Whats left?

Awesome work bro. Sorry couldnt come up the other night, was putting brakes onto the E30.

What'd that cover set you back? PM me.

I was about to question about throttle cable placement til that last pic lol. Wheres your clutch reservoir hiding ?

Damn thats looking tough. You must be pretty close to finishing off? Whats left?

yeah not too much longer .. few small things .. but things that will take a bit of time to fabricate up unfortunitly. EG 10mm higher sway bar bushes and shackles that still work with the 'swing' mount points. to clear the headers.

Clutch res isn't connected yet .. will do this when we mount all the brackets. might have to fab some stuff up for this

Awesome work bro. Sorry couldnt come up the other night, was putting brakes onto the E30.

What'd that cover set you back? PM me.

haha .. brendon took off with my sheets of paper with the costings on it ... not too expensive . will dig up the codes for ya and put you onto a guy @ JC who can get you a price.