Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 24V

Nup, these are 16x9 all round not staggered.

Yep i'll try post a vid of it. I'm thinking 2.5" with a single resonator is going to be quite loud.. But I hope not.

Edited by e30ftw

It's pretty loud... And it's got some issues.. It's revving up to 2500rpm then dropping down to 1500rpm then back up and down.. I have replace the FPR vacuum hose, replaced the other vacuum hose that goes into the side of where the ICV feeds into on the intake manifold underside.. Is there anywhere else I should be looking?

If I leave it abit it starts revving itself out 3000rpm +

WTF

Mitsis do that when the batteries are changed, they lose their idle memory, didn't think BMWs did that though.

Haha Petes welds never cease to amaze me.

Just when i thought I was finished.. I'm starting a whole new project again...

Posted Image

Coolant seeping from between the block and head.

Looking from the block upwards. Right at the back of the head there is coolant seeping from the headgasket and dripping on to the exhaust. Heard it dripping and burning on the exhaust

Edited by e30ftw

With regards to the revs raising and dropping have you checked the coolant temp sensor is working? Or the O2 sensor? I've had toyota's go mental like that when the temp sensor is bung or the O2 sensor is bung and even with the wrong intake set up.

Looking from the block upwards. Right at the back of the head there is coolant seeping from the headgasket and dripping on to the exhaust. Heard it dripping and burning on the exhaust

The word "poo" springs to mind....

Yeah i'm gonna replace a whole heap of stuff. Headgasket and the works :(

Hope the head isn't warped mate. pelicanparts.com is a good source for bits and bobs

Thinking about going MLS HG while im doing this. Future proofing a lil hah.

You sure its from the HG ? it maybe running down from the heater water inlet hose at the back of the head because of the angle of the engine. Get a mirror and have a really good look. Its not common for these engines to leak from a HG problem in that area unless the engine has been realy badly overheated.

Was about to add heater hoses, I thought the same thing on my M20, tightened them up and it is fine now. It is hard to torque them up to how tight they should be when a motor is in the car, maybe give that a crack before you start being a drama queen :P

Haha nah i can't get better pics exhaust manifolds etc are in the way. I think its really weird though yeah, motor doesn't have high k's or anything. I checked the rear heather hose and there was no water or anything around there or down the head to that corner that was the first thing I checked as I wouldn't think a headgasket would blow outwards of the head especially on a stock motor. I'm gonna double check it tomorrow before I start pulling things apart but yeah exhaust was hot so I wasn't keen to stick my hand in there anywhere lol.

Seriously looks like it was seeping from there though. I hope I am being a drama queen / blonde moment and it is the heaterpipe and that I didn't check it properly. Not keen to start pulling an m50 apart lol..

*edit*

It only starts leaking after about a couple mins of running, thats why I noticed it today ebcause the car was running for more than it usually has been after getting it running sorta right - gave it abit of time to start warming up to top up the coolant. I heard something dripping onto the exhaust and burning, I couldn't see what it was so I turned the car off and it happens about once every 20 seconds a drip drops down onto the exhaust and burns.. I jacked the car up to see where it was leaking out off and could only see the rear HG bit with coolant lined around it and a drip coming off of it. I checked the rear heater hose and across the top of the gearbox to see if coolant was seeping out of the hose and down the edge of the head/block but it was dry as far as I could see.

If it was headgasket maybe it would leak abit faster or something, especially with the pressure and all? Unless it is a one hell of a pin d*ck sized leak.. On the verge of blowing or something haha.

drips on the exhaust:

Posted Image

slightly clearer pic:

Posted Image

Edited by e30ftw

Haha. When my one craps out I will..

I'm going to have the motor checked properly by a pro. The engine is running sweet just the small leak problem needs to be sorted out, Only other issue is the exhaust is LOUD... I kind of like the sound of an m20 over this m50 but it does sound friggn tough.

Take the top off the coolant resovior when the engines warm and see if there are any little bubbles coming up. If there are its the head gasket.

Posted Image

Couple minor fixes needed + front wound down to give it a sick stance. Other than that she's pretty much done. That bent radiator support is REAL obvious through the vents in the valance FML. Suggestions?