Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

What have I done today.

Oil Filter housing seal, oil pressure sensor seal, oil level sensor seal, complete genuine filter kit (what a nice kit)

Comes with, filter, sump plug crush washer, filter lid seal, filter lid crush washer, and the o-ring for the big ass bolt.

Hopefully have sorted out all the leaks.... oh and new oil and coolant!

Just ordered 1.5m of the last 2.5m of black/grey houndstooth material left at Westtrading BV.

Someone else had it on hold haha I would have otherwise

Drove back Nathan's E30 from Wellington to Hamilton. It was a quick and fun trip, the E30 is a weapon, although I was deaf at the end of it. I did however manage 7.8L/100km which is a bit of a feat considering it's a 6 cylinder E30 and I didn't shy away from the throttle.

Changed oil and filter, used expensive fully synthetic oil, to see if its true about oil leaks being worse when using this type of oil, so far its fine after a good drive.

New seat covers. No rips in the seats but after seeing the number of E30 seats torn to shreds I don't want that happening to my sport seats.

Also booked the old girl in for a radiator flush, valve adjustment, and crankshaft seal replacement.

Drove back Nathan's E30 from Wellington to Hamilton. It was a quick and fun trip, the E30 is a weapon, although I was deaf at the end of it. I did however manage 7.8L/100km which is a bit of a feat considering it's a 6 cylinder E30 and I didn't shy away from the throttle.

Glad you enjoyed the drive home Dietmar, just goes to show how economical a well maintained manual M20 is.

Edited by Brams

Why people don't look in their mirrors/direction-of-travel is beyond me......or don't have the patience to wait a minute in the carpark que.

Result of minor carpack accident:

post-5113-1348458990.jpg

When's the next batch of plates Ollie <_< ?

Just get some europlates printed at Demon graphics, They make the same font and size as a normal europlate and you can stick it just on a piece of PVC and its like a real plate. Would take photo but car is at HELLBM.

Just get some europlates printed at Demon graphics, They make the same font and size as a normal europlate and you can stick it just on a piece of PVC and its like a real plate. Would take photo but car is at HELLBM.

Saw that today and it looks legit as! Couldn't tell until I saw the edging of the PVC piece lol

yea....i'll ask her for a reprint, WC gets weird comment from my family/relatives...."does that mean toilet....." dafaq

Sorted wiring up my E36 'one touch' window switches to the drivers side in the coupe this morning.

Pulled out a wall in the garage so now one has a new home :D

Shifter Bushes replaced, Z3 Short Shift Installed and Driveshaft coupling done. Cheers Glenn!

Noticed that the f/passengers door lock actuator is no longer working....

New cambelt, oil filter and new synthetic oil in the hope that it will reduce or eliminate my noisy lifters on cold startup.

Edited by scott_e30

Wifes car. E36 fuel sender wire re-solder. Fuel gauge now working.

My car. New rotors and front pads.

Wheel spacers, short shift kit, new centre console/tray and battery to be fitted this weekend. Work may over run as I will need to remove the exhaust and drive shaft to get at the gear shift. Haven’t got the BMW tool required to remove the shift lever bearing – may have to make something up. Fitting 20mm front and 15mm rear spacers – the front end of these cars look especially odd, I have read that manufacturers have to do this due to European regulations which require the ability to fit snow chains, don’t know if this is right . Also now have most of the parts together to do my valve adjustment, check the Vanos pump drive hub, check the cam gear bolts and replace my big end bearings. $350 worth of fluids!!

post-3258-1348899469.jpg

post-3258-1348899480.jpg

post-3258-1348899493.jpg

Edited by central3

Today I kerbed a wheel.

I think for the first time ever in my life. And what makes it worse is that @Beemn had the wheels perfected by Arrow Wheels before I bought the car and now one of them is somewhat less than perfect.

Got a couple of sheets of 18 mm MDF for ski pass sub build. Working out volume for SQ sub box build.

Got the car back from Rays from getting some headers fitted. Sound's alot more free flowing during full throttle and pulls through the rev range alot easier than before :D

Today I kerbed a wheel.

I think for the first time ever in my life. And what makes it worse is that @Beemn had the wheels perfected by Arrow Wheels before I bought the car and now one of them is somewhat less than perfect.

Pop it back to arrow again... Its only about 80-100 to get it repaired. They ise very sharp milling bits so it comes out perfect. Had my lms done. You cant tell :)