Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Got the car back from Rays from getting some headers fitted. Sound's alot more free flowing during full throttle and pulls through the rev range alot easier than before :D

Thumbs up

This thread has been quiet! everyone taking a break?

i spent all day on BMs today after a sleep in because of last night. Got most of the wiring in the E34 finished up, did the heater blower and stereo essentials done.

im still chasing why the wipers do not work any longer (they did initially and got a WOF working!). That, the courtesy interior lights, and plugging the amps, subs and caps in the back are the only things left to sort out wohoo! All of the cabin interior is back together save for a few bits here and there that have gone missing. It actually looks like an E34 in there now :D

On the E30, replaced the odd interior screw that has gone missing over the years, and now that car is almost good as new again!

And then a mate brought his E46 over and finally sorted out the airbag light thats been giving greif for the past 3 months.

too much fun for one day. lol.

An hour ago I started to attempt to fix my Central Locking on my E30, so far no go, but trying tricks from e30zone wiki

An hour ago I started to attempt to fix my Central Locking on my E30, so far no go, but trying tricks from e30zone wiki

mine was always the control box behind the drivers side speaker getting wet. replaced that and started working

also fitted the fat m spec side moldings to the touring and put the interior back together

mine was always the control box behind the drivers side speaker getting wet. replaced that and started working

also fitted the fat m spec side moldings to the touring and put the interior back together

Well, hours later, the Central locking is now working, cleaned all the metal contacts in the door connector, didn't fix, did the loop wire mod from e30zone (cut red and black wires at the loom going to the door connector, solder together) now works like a charm.

I drove mine. Does that count?

I do have a LARGE box of BMW parts at my parents place from Milland... but they are mostly for Dads E30. although he's telling mum that they are mostly for me :lol:

I am in between BMW's so have nothing to do on my BMW. Will find one that ticks my boxes at some stage.. but still just waiting.

I have got bored with my current car though and have done a few things.

Painted the wheels black and fitted some rim protectors after we (I say we because the wife insists she dint do it) curbed the wheels and realized they were machined and too expensive to keep re fixing. Also fitted some facelift black headlights.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Went t to fit new speakers in the front but could not fit them in as space was restricted so just sound deaden the doors in the mean time.

Posted Image

The other car is de registered after a women wrote it off by driving into the side of it so have been working away collecting parts to fix it... that's a slow rebuild but have a few parts comming from England, have a new rear quater etc.'

Before the smash had just fitted plastic windows and a new steering wheel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

But currently just chipping away, new rear beam etc.

Posted Image

I remember when you bought that thing and it was near new!

Good to see you putting it back together

This evening i got the 2 litre m50 running on the link g4. It sounds animal as fk.

This evening i got the 2 litre m50 running on the link g4. It sounds animal as fk.

Great news Ashkan... what was it in the end ??

Ha of all things it was ONE earth lug in the cabin that I had overlooked which was just finger tight. Amateur mistake!

Assembled our new pram then modified the harness.

Posted Image

Assembled our new pram then modified the harness.

Posted Image

you have problems. like us all.

spent most of the day trying to find a short thats blowing fuse 31, every time i start the car its blowing the fuse. 10 fuses later still blowing.

spent most of the day trying to find a short thats blowing fuse 31, every time i start the car its blowing the fuse. 10 fuses later still blowing.

what is fuse 31 labelled for ??

fitting 235's on an e30 is more work than i intended.

not looking forward to fitting 255s to an e30...todays task is re-tighten the exhaust manifold and figure out flooding problems

what is fuse 31 labelled for ??

Center console, OBC Clock and aircon. Also controls the immobilizer. so everything i start the car it blows the fuse. spend today trying to fix it again still cant find were its at, Into the shop on Tuesday

not looking forward to fitting 255s to an e30...todays task is re-tighten the exhaust manifold and figure out flooding problems

Yeah, there is a lot of room in the back for that if you have the right wheels I guess. But in the front im running 17x8 et 25 with 12.5mm spacer, and I have 5mm Clearence from the tyre and strut and the tyres are hard up against the guards with max camber dialed in. C can't turn at all. So have fun chopping your guards :)

Also passenger rear guard sends to have a lot more room than drivers side, weird as hell

Edited by polley

Yeah, there is a lot of room in the back for that if you have the right wheels I guess. But in the front im running 17x8 et 25 with 12.5mm spacer, and I have 5mm Clearence from the tyre and strut and the tyres are hard up against the guards with max camber dialed in. C can't turn at all. So have fun chopping your guards :)

Also passenger rear guard sends to have a lot more room than drivers side, weird as hell

I'm going to run 225/45 17 in the front, so far tried 215 on 17x9 rim, fitted fine...haha

Tried in vain to sort out the coupe's leaking problem. The sill fills up completely with water, and then dumps its contents into the driver's footwell. I uncovered a couple of blocked drains which I handily applied the tip of a screwdriver to, but I'm sure there are supposed to be more than two drains per side?

I may just make a calculated hole with a drill if that will help things. I'll look at that again when I feel like procrastinating on my university work.

Effing E30s. I'm almost convinced that every single one leaks

I'm going to run 225/45 17 in the front, so far tried 215 on 17x9 rim, fitted fine...haha

Hrrm, I'm not really into the whole stretched tyre deal. Will see what happens after a decent guard rolling / mutilation.

Hrrm, I'm not really into the whole stretched tyre deal. Will see what happens after a decent guard rolling / mutilation.

I'm not going to run massive stretch, but stretch does help in tucking the tires into the guards

Plasti dip-sprayed some chrome trim on the missus' E60 during the long weekend. Turned out surprising good for a first effort. Needs a slight touch up though but from a distance it looks fine.