Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Refitted the tourings headlights with newly Frenched highbeams, tidied up wiring after u.s speccing the indicators now come parks, fitted m3 mirrors that I sprayed black (car is white) and think il get them done white when the m kit gets painted, and tried to fit the wide door strips but most clips wouldnt hold so down to the stealer on monday to order new ones as well as the bungs and clips for side skirts

SWEET!

Looks proper BMW now! Good choice!

Haha I know right.

The oval tips looked a bit daft before... American etc etc..

I had to get rid of them anyway. I moved the exhaust back 60mm so they stuck out way too much.

on the other side of the world, and the 540 is getting a new donk as we speak.

on the other side of the world, and the 540 is getting a new donk as we speak.

Bad oil leak on the old motor at the rear. transplant could not have come at a better time.

post-1470-1346451524.jpg

Only the top plumbing to be done on the transplant.

post-1470-1346451539.jpg

post-1470-1346451554.jpg

Hell, where was the oil leaking from? Also looks like dried/leaky coolant on the right too?

hmmm nice work ray, blimmin gaskets where getting worse and worse, and heres me thinking it was just the Rocker cover gaskets.

The coolant mess would of been from the back hose when it got replaced after exploding on the motorway. Impossible to clean unfortunately with the engine still in the car.

h

PS. Loving the new black hardshell crinkle paint on the rocker covers. Another HellBM specail that can be done when you get your engine swap done with HellBM's new services which Ray will annouce soon :) Exciting times.

While the 330 bumper was off for vinyling, decided to duct the carbon CAI into the brake duct

Posted Image

and today, decided to put the Works on the 325ci, I've been driving around since the 330 is in the garage and looks pretty good :rolleyes:

Posted Image

I removed my busted sump, didn't need to drop subframe, lifted engine and slid it right out!

Out is the easy part. Suggest using a few little zipties to hold the gasket on the sump when you put it back in, then once you've got some bolts caught cut the ties.

Out is the easy part. Suggest using a few little zipties to hold the gasket on the sump when you put it back in, then once you've got some bolts caught cut the ties.

Wasn't a problem? Just held it in place while I put the bolts in haha

That would've been an easy way to do it though

Ordered my VANOS seal kit from Besian

Good man! Just make sure you get around to putting them in sometime! :lol: Mine sat around for a while!

Good man! Just make sure you get around to putting them in sometime!

Hoping I find the time to do it sooner rather than later. Looking forward to seeing if it improves the mid-range torque and it'd be nice to get some better fuel efficiency and to cure the rough idling that starts about 20 seconds after a cold start up and lasts until the temp is about a 1/4 of the way up the gauge.

Put josh`s cars in their holiday quarters with another 2 silver cars to keep them company. All issues sorted for your return Josh.

post-1470-1346809259.jpg

post-1470-1346809272.jpg

Guest Ari Gold

Got the car up in the air for new inner and outer ball joints, E30 M3 control arm bushes (delicious caster increase), waterpump, thermostat and associated gaskets.

Maybe do an oil change, the profile gaskets and o rings if I get time this afternoon.

Edited by Ari Gold

Fitted new rear balljoints/integral links and upper arms and drop links, front tie rods and powerflex control and thrust arm bushes, swaybar bushes and drop links.

Got a wheel alignment - handles awesome now! nice and tight, no tramlining and really responsive. B)

Put josh`s cars in their holiday quarters with another 2 silver cars to keep them company. All issues sorted for your return Josh.

post-1470-1346809259.jpg

post-1470-1346809272.jpg

Thanks a million ray! Cant wait

Posted Image

Very close.

I am sometimes on about something right HAHA... Other times usually gone full retard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

"change your brakes they say"...

Hmm what have I changed on this stupid car now.

Every vacuum hose known to man

the ICV

Radiator, Thermostat, Waterpump

Trans filter/gasket & new fluid

Now the rear brakes..

and eying up 540i callipers too in the next year or so when the front pads wear out...

Just bought a Hamann style front lip! Got some sand paper and some paint and I'm gonna have a go at painting it myself, will update on how it goes!

Hoping I find the time to do it sooner rather than later. Looking forward to seeing if it improves the mid-range torque and it'd be nice to get some better fuel efficiency and to cure the rough idling that starts about 20 seconds after a cold start up and lasts until the temp is about a 1/4 of the way up the gauge.

My 528i has exactly the same issue. Let me know if the replacement works. I've got the seals but haven't done anything with them yet.

Replaced a massive chunk of hatch loom the antil33t way.

got bored and made a custom soldering iron tip out of a mostly f**ked one. Yes I know you aren't supposed to grind solder iron tips as it removes the plating. Works good though haha, Won't stay clean for long...

Hmm what have I changed on this stupid car now.

Every vacuum hose known to man

the ICV

Radiator, Thermostat, Waterpump

Trans filter/gasket & new fluid

Now the rear brakes..

and eying up 540i callipers too in the next year or so when the front pads wear out...

Holy sh*t, it's as if it's a car or something!!! Just like our customers at work, "your tyres are on the legal limit, they will require replacing soon"

"Well how has that happened???" they say.

Easily the worst job on the car, removing / putting on exhaust manifold... 24 studs seems slightly excessive, most of them in almost impossible places to reach.

Posted Image

Also, brake upgrade. #overkill

Posted Image

Edited by polley

Interested to hear what you think of those brakes..

My next e30 will get something similar