Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Thanks guys. Haha yep, a clip to come, I will record it with my H4n sound recorder this afternoon at least you will hear the full dept of the tones that way.

It is a little louder than than it should be, I have just ordered some Magnaflow SS Catalytic converters and resonator mufflers for the mid section, this will help to loose the 'clacky' American sound and hopefully give it a smoother tone maintaining the deep rumble. But as is, boy does it sound sweet between 2500-4000rpm under load.

Regarding the diffuser Greg, I will probably leave it as is for the mean time, but I aim to get an M3 bumper with the slightly different shape and modify the stock M3 black diffuser, it will work a lot nicer than this bland non M3 bumper.

Edited by Michael.

It is a little louder than than it should be, I have just ordered some Magnaflow SS Catalytic converters and resonator mufflers for the mid section, this will help to loose the 'clacky' American sound and hopefully give it a smoother tone maintaining the deep rumble. But as is, boy does it sound sweet between 2500-4000rpm under load.

Does the system have an "X" pipe or balance pipe between the L/H & R/H banks... if not, by doing this it will soften & improove the sound.

Very expensive and hard to get right Glenn. Lots of trail and error to not go backwards in performance.

Thanks guys. Haha yep, a clip to come, I will record it with my H4n sound recorder this afternoon at least you will hear the full dept of the tones that way.

Regarding the diffuser Greg, I will probably leave it as is for the mean time, but I aim to get an M3 bumper with the slightly different shape and modify the stock M3 black diffuser, it will work a lot nicer than this bland non M3 bumper.

looks good.

i have a motorsport bumper with out a difusser , and i also have a half a difusser (was cut for a towbar) and new 318ti twin out let diffuser if that helps.

can do silver too if needed

On the touring- Converted the front indicators into parks and indicators, painted grill black- was getting abit rough, painted new M side mirrors black to see if I want them black or white, and stickered up the rear window

On the sedan- filled it with 98 :)

New pads and rotors on the E30. Also installed a windscreen mounted amplified antenna. So much better reception. New control arms and finally gonna get round to installing my z3 shifter next weekend.

Edited by Navin

windscreen mounted amplified antenna

Where'd you buy that?? I got laughed at Driving Sound because i told them my antenna was shaved off and needed one

From work, let me know if you want one and i'll order it in for you. Or if you go to another Repco, part number is '7stealth'

oh sweet, thanks for the info.

And to stay on topic, got some Toyo T1R's 205/50/15 for the fronts

Took all the crap out of the boot of the race car (used for storage of spare parts during house move) and wiped all bird sh*t of the door & mirror of the touring. It appears there is a local bird that sh!ts itself every time it sees it's own reflection...

Just quickly OT again - Navin how much is one of those aerials?

Just quickly OT again - Navin how much is one of those aerials?

They retail for $69

They retail for $69

Posted Image

I'll have to have a gander at your E30 sometime Polley. Seems like you're making good progress.

After hunting from Repco to Supercheap to Dicksmith to Jaycar, I finally found some 6V replacement bulbs for the OBC at a cost of $5.50 each. Oh well, it had to be done, as it was one domino piece in a series that meant I can get my interior back together. After a bit of fiddling I soldered them in, and they work a charm. Now I can see my OBC lying to me about my economy

Other than that, I put in some blue carpet with sound deadening meaning I can actually hear my girlfriend without her needing to shout. I just need some blue leather reconditioner to give life to my tired Recaros.

I'll have to have a gander at your E30 sometime Polley. Seems like you're making good progress.

After hunting from Repco to Supercheap to Dicksmith to Jaycar, I finally found some 6V replacement bulbs for the OBC at a cost of $5.50 each. Oh well, it had to be done, as it was one domino piece in a series that meant I can get my interior back together. After a bit of fiddling I soldered them in, and they work a charm. Now I can see my OBC lying to me about my economy

Other than that, I put in some blue carpet with sound deadening meaning I can actually hear my girlfriend without her needing to shout. I just need some blue leather reconditioner to give life to my tired Recaros.

PM me, ill take you for a spin.

took this quick video from today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecCjoF3f-sU...eature=youtu.be

That's the problem with boost. Once you get a taste, you always need more.

Drove it to Rotorua, then Taupo and back to Auckland. First decent run out of Auckland since I bought it - went very well indeed!

I'm used to driving XR6's, Aurion's and my old Accord Euro on the open road - no comparison really. Effortless passing and roadholding in just about any gear. Still getting used to the car so no silly stuff (plus it's not a racetrack), but definitely felt confident driving around at normal road speeds.

Didn't use any oil, temp didn't fluctuate for oil/water and no development of squeaks or rattles. No punctures either, which is quite lucky given the absence of a spare tyre.

Only potential niggle is that the exhaust seems to be getting louder and louder. OK at 110kph, but under load from 80-100 in 5th/6th it makes a bloody racket. Plus you just about need earplugs when the car is cold. My poor neighbours.

Installed my powerflex diff mount, put my diff back together with Right Stuff gasket maker. No more oil spots in the garage!

Drove it to Rotorua, then Taupo and back to Auckland. First decent run out of Auckland since I bought it - went very well indeed!

I'm used to driving XR6's, Aurion's and my old Accord Euro on the open road - no comparison really. Effortless passing and roadholding in just about any gear. Still getting used to the car so no silly stuff (plus it's not a racetrack), but definitely felt confident driving around at normal road speeds.

Didn't use any oil, temp didn't fluctuate for oil/water and no development of squeaks or rattles. No punctures either, which is quite lucky given the absence of a spare tyre.

Only potential niggle is that the exhaust seems to be getting louder and louder. OK at 110kph, but under load from 80-100 in 5th/6th it makes a bloody racket. Plus you just about need earplugs when the car is cold. My poor neighbours.

Take a look at replacing/installing a high flow centre muffler. Dual 2 inch will help.

Bought some supplies for a service. Oil, oil filter and fuel filter were all reasonable, but then the thermostat came to $50 plus gst. Ouch! I'm sure I remember paying like $30 last time I bought one

Broke it this morning at 5.00 am going to work. Drove it home tonight though. First time I've ever had a personal car of mine on a tow truck. Last week I broke the X Trail as well... it's still not fixed