Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Finally sorted my LC1 wideband, now to install the guage somewhere secret

Went looking for why the s50 is running rich, found O2 boss is sitting out too far and both sensors aren't in the exhaust stream at all.

Time for some reweld work.

That other set make no difference?

yeah no more load hesitation any more.. Still throwing sporadic fault @ 2900rpm but I have a feeling thats a vaccum/vanturie issue when the car gets to that RPM .. I forgot to reset the adaption and drove home with a strange problem of the DME almost spluttering every 4 seconds and light load or maybe 8% TP.

Reset the adaptions yesterday and drove it around all day with no issues apart from O2 relocation needed.

Also looked at the M-coupe's readings and they are far different to mine at idle. Mine only really start to do something if there is decent pressure in the exhuast pipe ... Like around 10% TP.

PS I love data logging ... you get the real story :D

Discovered the E39 has left hand drive wiper sweep.

I had a female passenger point that out; "Hey - your wipers are backwards!"

They work really well though.

Yup, the drivers side wiper has an ecentric sweep cam - enabling the blade to reach up towards the top corner, therefore nulifying the need to reverse the sweep dirction for RHD cars.

Note though - it is biased to LHD setup though. I guess a consequence of the ratio of LHD to RHD cars built

Went for a park near Mt Eden shops this morning, misjudged the kerbs and accidentally broke a part of the front lip off.

Luckily had tape in the car so did a 5min DIY repair on the spot. Held up the whole day today.

Time for a new lip :unsure:

Went for a park near Mt Eden shops this morning, misjudged the kerbs and accidentally broke a part of the front lip off.

Luckily had tape in the car so did a 5min DIY repair on the spot. Held up the whole day today.

Time for a new lip :unsure:

Posted Image

540 m62TU water pump preventative replacement with metal impeller. Also preventative clutch fan replacement.

Take that cooling system ... I won the battle bitch... you loose

Took the car up Martin's Bay for the first time to "test" it's roadtrip-worthy-ness.

It held up pretty well, except now all I want now is a manual conversion done :wacko:

Gave the 328i it's usual Xmas present, a new oil filter and 6.5l of mobil1 0w40. And a wash. Tomorrow the detailing begins

Santa delivered a much needed addition to the garage :)

Posted Image

^^ Nice!

Replaced the front shocks, tail light and got a WOF for the touring.

Is it worth getting the gas struts for the boot regassed or buying some brand new ones? My head is sore after having to hold it open :mellow:

Spent the last two days giving the 328i a spruce up. Has been claybarred, polished, waxed, vacuumed, leather moisturized, windows cleaned, wheels removed and hubs and wheel bolts cleaned and coated in anti-seize/ rust protection grease, noticed the lips of the guards are starting to rust from being rolled as well as inner guard where tyres had rubbed so stripped right back, coated in rust kill paint then a few coats of underseal. Saw the dust covers for the rear struts had slipped off so cable tied them back up so they won't come off again.

Now I just need to get some touch up paint to finish up the rear guards and do afew stone chips then she'l be looking amazing again! And maybe ready to sell... The thought of an m3 in ether e30 or 46 are tempting...

took the carpet out, looks really good underneath. Will have to borrow dads water blaster tomorrow and give it a clean :)

(looks like someone dropped their coke and stayed quiet about it)

Posted Image

Edited by _Matt_

Not quite a BMW, but Autosol'd the exhaust on the Christmas Present. Now just need some favourable weather so I can wash and wax it, and detail the interior.

2002 AUIII XR6 Manual - Drives bloody nice for an Australian. Almost reminds me of the E30, and certainly doesn't feel like a 1600kg car. Complete with heat-wrapped extractors and leather interior.

More Cutting - More Welding.

Firewall almost done (finally).

Anyone (westy) got recommendations for seam sealer??

Was thinking just black RTV or some SIKA PU sealer...

wheel swap today...

Not sure if I like style 5s on the e28 but with a drop I think the e34 would look awesome on the RS's

BEFORE:

Posted Image

Posted Image

god i like black e34s :huh: prefer the wheels in the top pic

Edited by kiwi535

More Cutting - More Welding.

Firewall almost done (finally).

Anyone (westy) got recommendations for seam sealer??

Was thinking just black RTV or some SIKA PU sealer...

NOT silicon (RTV), if you ever want to paint anywhere near it! You can buy proper seam sealer, like the factory would use, PU is usable, but the paint won't stay on it forever. Seam selaer is a bit harder and less flexible/rubbery. You can get brush on too.

Installed the M-Tech bumper brake ducts and underside bumper quarter guards.

Otherwise I've been working on the 4-2-1 exhaust manifolds, so far so good. I will have to post some pictures soon.

over the last few days been making the most of no work and tidying up things that are annoying me on the wagon that weren't working or etc from when the engine conversion was done.

started pouring through ETMs and making diagrams/notes of all the little things that don't work in the car. none of these are WOF requirements except technically the foglights must go or not be installed at all, so there was most of a day! haven't got into these yet, thats next weeks job after new years etc.

gutted one of the mufflers on the exhaust, has made it a bit noisier, but still not enough for me so thats going to get a bit more work yet, probably remove the cats next? included roadtrip to my mates place in Te Horo in the trusty 316i, looked very funny with the roof racks on and an E34 exhaust on the roof! good day for it yesterday though.

wound down the adjustable coil overs an inch all round, and wound up the spring rate a bit, looks much tougher now. before anyone asks, yes i measured ride height its inside the cert-plate requirements by the hair of your teeth with noone in the car and an almost empty fuel tank so at least all still road legal. has removed the gap over the front wheels which has been annoying me for ages.

then fitted spacers to the back to push the Schnitzers out, look very cool with -12 offset! surprisingly dont rub normal driving, but if you get on the power the ass squats down of course. might have to leave them on so i dont get tickets ha! might have to get one of you to roll the gaurds when i go to auckland, will have to read up as i dont know what that actually entails, just know its the solution lol. got some 15mm ones for the front but the bolts that came with them, the heads are too long, so will get some custom engineered up.