Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Refinished my RSs today :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also picked up a new front bumper, lower front lip, good condition boot with full tool kit and a strut brace for my E30 today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought about pouring petrol over our and striking a match.

removed door card on mine, had a mate weld the door stopper back together

toor doorcard off mates one to sort lock, after an hour found it was a one screw job to remove lock

Thought about pouring petrol over our and striking a match.

Que? What ails the 528i?

Que? What ails the 528i?

About 90% sure the new thermostat is poked. Pulled it out and did the pot test Seems to open once the water has been boiling for a bit. Should open at 92 deg, which is just under boiling point. Out would be nice if the car ran reliably for art least a couple of weeks.

Attacked my kidneys with oven cleaner to remove black paint. I was avoiding it because regardless of how I removed the paint I was likely to dull the chrome. Result turned out as expected but still tidier than rattlecan matt black..

Removed cut springs and installed some generic Jamex variety as a temp measure until I decide what I want. Actually I personally didn't do that, got done though.

DSC00025.jpg

• Like 1

About 90% sure the new thermostat is poked. Pulled it out and did the pot test Seems to open once the water has been boiling for a bit. Should open at 92 deg, which is just under boiling point. Out would be nice if the car ran reliably for art least a couple of weeks.

water theoretically boils at 100, but not in reality. you still need thermometer

water theoretically boils at 100, but not in reality. you still need thermometer

And its not umheard of that a new thermostat does not perform as it should Edited by kiwi535

Put my euro plates on. Look rad, cheers Andy!

not a problem mate. always very happy to help out where i can!

throw up a photo of ya car!!

And its not umheard of that a new thermostat does not perform as it should

Yeah. Lesson learnt. Picked up a new tstat from ripco, Pulled the old New one and noticed the spring was on an angle. Then realised it was missing the pin on the other side of the housing. Tested them both, and new one was good, old one bad. Installed it and it's running sweet! Phew was beginning to think I had a hairline crack in hg that was pulling in air.

Once you go genuine, you never go back.

Old one was from schmeidmann, New one is daico. Noticeable difference in quality, with the daoco being much better. Normally i would agree with you, but dealer is 52km away. Replaced cam and crank sensors with oe parts after a bad experience with Chinese sh*t. Often I ding Jeff Grey to be very reasonable also.

Excuse the poor spelling. Tapatalk is sh*t and doesn't let me edit

Big thanks to Ray for helping to supply this, M3 SMG wheel for my E36, I've wire up the paddles to work remotely with the custom manualised automatic, goes great now, sooo much nicer than the cruise control stick at the 4 o'clock position I've been using for over a year!

Just waiting to source a dead airbag I can re-assemble as part of the center piece / horn.

post-6193-0-44956900-1399187583_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Just throwing KM on the M3, love driving it. Starting to prep and purchase things i require to rebuild the vanos. Looking to do it over queens birthday weekend, and will be using Beisan seals and rattle kit. Should be mint!

• Like 1

is that the block and socket? What did you do about rotating the crank, do you have that weird socket that goes over the four bolts?

Big thanks to Ray for helping to supply this, M3 SMG wheel for my E36, I've wire up the paddles to work remotely with the custom manualised automatic, goes great now, sooo much nicer than the cruise control stick at the 4 o'clock position I've been using for over a year!

Told you! :)

• Like 2

Told you! :)

Heh, yeah you weren't wrong! I just needed to work out a stock way of doing it then this idea popped into my head Saturday afternoon, had it sorted in 24 hours :D

Now for the next thing to blow some money on other than fuel... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Heh, yeah you weren't wrong! I just needed to work out a stock way of doing it then this idea popped into my head Saturday afternoon, had it sorted in 24 hours :D

Now for the next thing to blow some money on other than fuel... :ph34r:

Recaros

• Like 1

Recaros

haha, but Ive already upgraded to Motorsport seats :P

I was thinking of some quirky electrical upgrades. Something shall come to mind soon, Maybe a remote start arrangement

Be sure to drop me a line regarding the tools, save you buying them yourself.

You sir are the man

fitted my MK motorsport alloys back after i had the lips made all shiny

and some of the dents , scrapes etc taken out of them.

wheels done by jason at Mac Weld in drury

good guys if you need wheel repairs etc

post-279-0-49409300-1399357135_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-09681100-1399357148_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-56032200-1399357158_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-88330100-1399357171_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

fitted my MK motorsport alloys back after i had the lips made all shiny

and some of the dents , scrapes etc taken out of them.

wheels done by jason at Mac Weld in drury

good guys if you need wheel repairs etc

Hang on, weren't those on your E34 wagon last time I looked?? Nice job on the refurb!