Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

I hope it was advertised as is where is.?!

Its not stolen if thats what you mean!

Life goes on. Will prob take it to see what it needs tomorrow.

Its not stolen if thats what you mean!

Life goes on. Will prob take it to see what it needs tomorrow.

Not at all Andy,a car without wof an or reg should be advertised as is,where is,as it sorta suggests that the the car cant be driven Edited by kiwi535

Not at all Andy,a car without wof an or reg should be advertised as is,where is,as it sorta suggests that the the car cant be driven

Oh i was well aware it wasnt legal to drive home.

But it made it back to wellington, never missed a beat.

front shocks leave a wee bit to be desired, and for some reason when cruising along at 50km/h or so regardless of gear its a bit jerky, no idea why as i havent come across that before, but will research it when i have some time.

Meanwhile, had an expencive trip to the bottle store today in my little 325i Convertible

IMG_1234_zps29b2a4e0.jpg

Lol are you overdue for your 13th service? That's crazy low

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lol are you overdue for your 13th service? That's crazy low

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No, that SI thing must be programmed to come on at 130k because it wasnt on when i left.

But at the age and known problems with the batteries in them, i would never rely on the E30 SI indicators anyways

Meanwhile, had an expencive trip to the bottle store today in my little 325i Convertible

No thats called an annual inspection,it eill come on every year or maybe two,its a reminder for brake fluid or engine coolant or a safety check or something.the clue is the little clock Edited by kiwi535

No thats called an annual inspection,it eill come on every year or maybe two,its a reminder for brake fluid or engine coolant or a safety check or something.the clue is the little clock

Well i reset it only 4 or 5 months ago, when changed everything including timing belt etc when i brought it.

And it wasnt on when i left or any time since i reset it 3 months ago or so. but has come on since hitting 130,000. dont even know how it knows the cluster at 130k though, i dont recall any linkage between the SI board and the cogs, but it is what it is.

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Well i reset it only 4 or 5 months ago, when changed everything including timing belt etc when i brought it.

And it wasnt on when i left or any time since i reset it 3 months ago or so. but has come on since hitting 130,000. dont even know how it knows the cluster at 130k though, i dont recall any linkage between the SI board and the cogs, but it is what it is.

Not 100 percent sure but its a time based thing,i think its independent of the inspection-Oil-inspection-oil,etc,my e 34 had it too

Finally cracked a 1/4 mile time of 13.9 @ 98 mph in the V8 E36!

Also did 11 other runs ranging between 97-99 mph; 14.005... 14.041... 14.046... 14.086... 14.093... 14.187... 14.188... 14.194... 14.210... 14.473... 14.485...

Then I got bored...

Clearly I need more power & torque to push on into the low-mid 13s!

Video of the 13.9 sec run... I was somewhat joyful upon reading my slip :P

Wheel balance perhaps?

nope, definately driveline related.

Finally cracked a 1/4 mile time of 13.9 @ 98 mph in the V8 E36!

Also did 11 other runs ranging between 97-99 mph; 14.005... 14.041... 14.046... 14.086... 14.093... 14.187... 14.188... 14.194... 14.210... 14.473... 14.485...

Then I got bored...

Clearly I need more power & torque to push on into the low-mid 13s!

Video of the 13.9 sec run... I was somewhat joyful upon reading my slip :P

looks good!!

• Like 1

Spent 10hrs on a 4 stage cut and polish (yet to wax) on the bonnet, roof and front guards. Haven't even touched the doors and bumpers!

Photos are kind of avg. hard to show how much I brought the paint back. I didn't actually cut it to hard...just worked over it really slowly.

post-17746-0-70034700-1398595190_thumb.j

post-17746-0-42598100-1398595302_thumb.j

post-17746-0-39265900-1398595331_thumb.j

• Like 1

Tyler (pldubs) and mike (antil33t) decided to put my white bonnet on for me... Still think I prefer the rust

post-5102-0-57755800-1398596127_thumb.jp

post-5102-0-64509100-1398596184_thumb.jp

Spent 10hrs on a 4 stage cut and polish (yet to wax) on the bonnet, roof and front guards. Haven't even touched the doors and bumpers!

Photos are kind of avg. hard to show how much I brought the paint back. I didn't actually cut it to hard...just worked over it really slowly.

Looks like a big difference! Excited for after shots :)

Windscreen cowling and hardware replaced.

Valve and spark plug gaskets and bolt rubber spacers

Edited by sweetm3

Tyler (pldubs) and mike (antil33t) decided to put my white bonnet on for me... Still think I prefer the rust

White looks pretty sharp IMO. What happened to your rear wheels?? Looks like someone did something unpleasant to your trailing arms :ph34r:

• Like 1

White looks pretty sharp IMO. What happened to your rear wheels?? Looks like someone did something unpleasant to your trailing arms :ph34r:

Hahaha the price you pay when running 0-offset

Looks like a dog squatting to take a sh*t.

Sent from my C2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

i dont understand why the engine from your M3 isn't in that wagon yet.

Edit: just don't get michael involved, it will take 6 years to complete

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_
  • Like 2

German plate from Germanplates.com. Not convinced of the plate surround. Might look at stiffening it all up over the weekend with some super aggressive velcro type product I have kicking around. Be my luck the front falls off and goes flying into the opposite lane on the Mway.

7cdf63e2-d51f-4d6c-a13d-99c7622fdb31.jpg

• Like 1

Prefer rusted :)

Yea me too. Seems like it's missing something now

i dont understand why the engine from your M3 isn't in that wagon yet.

Edit: just don't get michael involved, it will take 6 years to complete

There has been many a yarn about writing it off then buy from insurence and do the swap...

Installed a CD43 into my E36 along with an Anycar Link for bluetooth music and handsfree calling by routing a mic to the centre vent.

post-51379-0-86382900-1399084372_thumb.j

• Like 1