Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Mirror fell off in my hand. Bought some special glue and stick out back on. Also drove it

Hang on, weren't those on your E34 wagon last time I looked?? Nice job on the refurb!

no i have a set the same for the e36 (got these ones years ago)

, same sizes just different offsets

post-279-0-73626600-1399407182_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Cut and polished the car, there was actually Dakar yellow underneath the off white creamy paint.

Installed some Arctic white low beam bulbs will see how they look tonight but will prob go HID

Washed 3 cars in a row ;)

post-279-0-42456100-1399699715_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-48234500-1399699752_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-24341600-1399699804_thumb.jpg

Polished and waxed the M3s wheels. Put touring up for sale

Polished and waxed the M3s wheels. Put touring up for sale

How come? and how much?

How come? and how much?

Selling both wagon and my ute to buy a chev truck haha. Asking 8k as is but will take adjusties, camber arms out and spacers off and sell for about 7k

• Like 1

new fuel pump, new serpentine belt, pulleys, tentioner & starter motor. Phew. Now for the cooling system.....

new fuel pump, new serpentine belt, pulleys, tentioner & starter motor. Phew. Now for the cooling system.....

Fuel pump died?

No. it's to solve the issue i had where the car after hot fast running would stall out when coasting occasionally. Research eventually put it down to fuel, since I replaced the fuel filter a couple of months back this was next on the list. :)

No. it's to solve the issue i had where the car after hot fast running would stall out when coasting occasionally. Research eventually put it down to fuel, since I replaced the fuel filter a couple of months back this was next on the list. :)

Cool. You notice any improvements in power delivery with a new fuel pump? have read that they can rob low end torque if they're on the blink.

interesting you say that. It felt punchier in the midrange. I put it down to I hadn't driven it in awhile and it was low on gas and empty opposed to when I normally drive it loaded up with bags / dogs & a full tank.

interesting you say that. It felt punchier in the midrange. I put it down to I hadn't driven it in awhile and it was low on gas and empty opposed to when I normally drive it loaded up with bags / dogs & a full tank.

Tempting... Evolve Tune on special :

http://www.evolvetuning.us/bmw/5-series/bmw-m5-e39-98-03/engine-c453/ecu-c646.html

• Like 1

Oh don't start me.

Wouldn't a custom tune from Gavin @ hi velocity be better? I've been planning on a custom tune when I move to Auckland in a few months.

What's the deal with this stuff?

Exactly!

Everyone says "call Gavin" (as an example) yet nobody seems prepared to post what a "tune" is.

EPROM reprogramming?

Piggyback?

Cam profiling?

What does a $1000 tune *actually* deliver?

call Gavin.

:rollseyes:

You can do better than that.

i couldn't resist.

But seriously, just give him a call. I can't remember what it was he did, but have chatted to him before, he is a friendly guy

• Like 1

Played with the gearbox tune on the way home. 1st and 2nd gear shifting seems improved on light take off acceleration.

To accomplish this I have to change the shift tables and line pressure.. who needs a manual when you have this fun!

post-6193-0-04463700-1400148256_thumb.pn

Well for everyone on this forum's enjoyment. I'm on a refresh program to get the car upto scratch to get the best results from a custom tune.

I'm thinking confirmation with before & after dyno runs to confirm everything.

Dyno results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

Played with the gearbox tune on the way home. 1st and 2nd gear shifting seems improved on light take off acceleration.

To accomplish this I have to change the shift tables and line pressure.. who needs a manual when you have this fun!

http://bimmersport.co.nz/public/style_images/engraved/attachicon.gif Untitled.png

My gearbox has an infinite number of shift tables;-) Edited by kiwi535
  • Like 1

Exactly!

Everyone says "call Gavin" (as an example) yet nobody seems prepared to post what a "tune" is.

EPROM reprogramming?

Piggyback?

Cam profiling?

What does a $1000 tune *actually* deliver?

Depending on what your ECU is.

Hell open it up / de solder the rom chip(s) solder a new socket and burn you a new map that he has tested on his dyno that works with your cars setup.

He may not need to do that as your ECU may support the mods that you want by simply uploading through the 16pin OBD port.

Some ECUs support a BDM rig which can also be used to bypass the limitations of trying to upload to restricted program space through the OBD port.

Simple answer is change fly-by-wire throttle maps, VANOS maps, fuel and ignition timing, intake temp maps among other things. All of this (and is more worth it the better the flow your engine has (exhaust, intake, maybe cams and head work) to make more usable power.

tried to dumb that down as a response.. hopefully explains it a little.

• Like 1

:)

"tried to dumb that down as a response.. hopefully explains it a little."

Gezz mate, that covers about all I know ....... thats right I'm a dumb ass :)