Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

The X5M has this system i found today. Press the M button and the valves open up. Makes quite a difference even idling.

Paid insurance and rego for the year and fitted a new windscreen, all to the wagon. spent more money than my 316i is worth and "nothing" to show for it.

FML

I suppose insurance for a non-stock v12 isn't that cheap :(

I suppose insurance for a non-stock v12 isn't that cheap :(

especially when that person isn't 21 (few months to go), male, and has lost his licence in the past. The chick on the phone when i sorted it out told me that the only thing going for it was that it was a wagon, and statistically wagon drivers are least likely to crash :rolleyes:

swapped the diff in my e28 M535i with m5 engine from a 3.73lsd to a rebuilt by KBM 3.91LSD

nice and tight now , goes much better now :)

especially when that person isn't 21 (few months to go), male, and has lost his licence in the past. The chick on the phone when i sorted it out told me that the only thing going for it was that it was a wagon, and statistically wagon drivers are least likely to crash :rolleyes:

Are you with NAC?

I rang up for a quote for my car a few weeks ago, it was surprisingly cheaper than I expected!

Edited by Michael.

Are you with NAC?

I rang up for a quote for my car, it was surprisingly cheaper than I expected!

Nope, because i was with the crowd im insured with now a few years ago with my modified Black E30 and then left them, this time round they offered me a discount when i said they wouldn't be getting my business because another crowd was cheaper.

neither, got a mate who is qualified to do it sort it out for me.

Pretty much finished all the main task today. Just a few things left to sort before a test run next week!

Posted Image

My daughter is off to Aussie so the 325i is back home - it's been in the family for 12 years now - will be my work hack for a while and in need of a tidy up - re-sprayed the rear bumper top (clear coat gone white) and the front bumper (heaps of stone chips - the girl doesn't correlate following distance and stone chip risk) - came up pretty well for an open air job

post-3258-1357971929.jpg

post-3258-1357971939.jpg

Polished up and Detailed my E30 a bit, used Claybar, Polish, Wax.

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More pics in the show room section for anyone interested.

I thought it came up quite well, but I should have done a better job of the black bits.

My daughter is off to Aussie so the 325i is back home - it's been in the family for 12 years now - will be my work hack for a while and in need of a tidy up - re-sprayed the rear bumper top (clear coat gone white) and the front bumper (heaps of stone chips - the girl doesn't correlate following distance and stone chip risk) - came up pretty well for an open air job

what red is that and where did you get the paint? was it in a can or proper compressed etc type job?

what red is that and where did you get the paint? was it in a can or proper compressed etc type job?

It's OEM Calypso - painted with a $250 compressor and an el-cheapo spray gun - no pressure regulator so couldn't get a decent spray patern but it got the jod done. Calypso metalic is a sharp colour when it's in good shape - 90% of the cars seen are oxidised. Cut the rest of the paint back today - far from perfect but it's going to look a lot better than it was.

post-3258-1358056024.jpg

Some flash axle stands you have there :D

Rocking a Remus aswell I see, nice

Well it was not really today but the weekend just gone(im slow at making pictures)

i bought a 87 318 4door from wellington. and drove it back same day(what a drive!!)

first means of business was to remove the awful mold smell. so out came the carpet to see if it was savable... NOPE mold infested. back seat was the same but that was ditched into a skip bin at the site the car was bought from. we also did a water pump and clutch slave cylinder there too before driving it back. so here is what i found after pulling seats and carpet up. along with a gearshifter wrapped in womans hair and hair clips i found all this

Posted Image

brand new safety goggle jammed in passenger seat, buttons 2 5cent pieces 3 10 centers and a 20. a broken chain, some screw bits for a drill(not pictured) a chisel and a mcdonalds straw. looking forward to the new carpet and cleaning the heck out the seats

swapped the diff in my e28 M535i with m5 engine from a 3.73lsd to a rebuilt by KBM 3.91LSD

nice and tight now , goes much better now :)

What did that cost for the rebuild if you dont mind me asking ?

Programmed the gearbox shift points, brake pads bed in, few other things.

Posted Image

Exhaust complete and sounds amazing, very smooth with a sonorous burble. Ill have to get a clip soon!

mmm Me likey E36 coupes...

Found out dad is buying a tidier E30 than mine....

Found out dad is buying a tidier E30 than mine....

Bastard :D Edited by sp8s

That certain car isnt going into BM Workshop tonight for a check over is it ? :)

Nah, It's local. Will see when he gets it, he reckons it's got no rips in the interior, and a crack free dash! :(