Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

You're pretty much shortening the actual muffling peice of the box to the section at the inlet then?

Did you get a 'before' sound-clip, would be cool to compare the difference.

Trailered it behind the Falcon to the BOP and sold it. Was a sad sight leaving it behind, but hopefully the gearbox will help make another E30 better.

Ill be gentle with her, gentle as a lamb......

Spent last night up at Rays doing a full flush. Oil and water .. forgot how much of a turd removing the oil lines draining the cooler and topping back up and bleeding the oil lines through was. Messy! haha

s50b32 / E30 got new spark plugs too ... thanks Greg for your help on that. The car feel brand new with the new plugs ... All hesitation has gone and it runs very smooth. Now to see if it does anything to the fuel economy :)

If it was a stock exhaust I can throw up a pseudo-before clip later.

Need Supersprint ... aha

s50b32 / E30 got new spark plugs too ... thanks Greg for your help on that. The car feel brand new with the new plugs ... All hesitation has gone and it runs very smooth. Now to see if it does anything to the fuel economy :)

Good to hear the plugs have made a difference to how she's running.

Mind you, I think it's your right foot that is the issue with the fuel economy, not the plugs.. :ph34r:

Bought a new one.

<More info required>

So you have two m3s??? Or upgraded already???? Pics a must!!!!!

Edited by euroriffic

So you have two m3s??? Or upgraded already???? Pics a must!!!!!

Will have 2 at once haha - will get loads of pics lol, I think its a once in a lifetime.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Manual, HP

Edited by Tristan

You lucky son of a sob! A deal to good to refuse was it?

You lucky son of a sob! A deal to good to refuse was it?

Without a doubt.

Give the old work horse an oil and filter change, and did some skids in the m3.

Yesterday I painted the valve cover with wrinkle black paint, 5 coats of the stuff later it came out awesome. Sanded off the BMW and all that on top today, looking awesome, quite proud of this especially being my first time spray painting anything. Not done with the sanding as of yet in this pic but get the idea of it.

Posted Image

Edited by Ultrarandom

Yesterday I painted the valve cover with wrinkle black paint, 5 coats of the stuff later it came out awesome. Sanded off the BMW and all that on top today, looking awesome, quite proud of this especially being my first time spray painting anything. Not done with the sanding as of yet in this pic but get the idea of it.

Posted Image

Cool man, that looks good!

Good to hear the plugs have made a difference to how she's running.

Mind you, I think it's your right foot that is the issue with the fuel economy, not the plugs.. :ph34r:

really nice... just drove to the coromandel in it and it was like driving a new car.

haha well i did 204ks on 18.4 ltrs so managed 9.02l/100ks which I think is resonable. That was driving normally. I think my problem is I need a long range tank for open road driving.

Cheaper than http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/...n-627162086.htm ??? god they are dropping fast

they are dropping like flies, UK imports has really pushed the prices down, a 08 with 70km is sub 50k now few months back they were about 60k.....there was also a nice space gray jap import for 50k sticker price

with the new M4 coming out, i bet there will be a flood of UK imports which will push the prices down even more

Will have 2 at once haha - will get loads of pics lol, I think its a once in a lifetime.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Manual, HP

Was this the $1 reserve one on trademe? I was bidding but didn't get a chance to check it over first so I bowed out at 45....

What's it like?

really nice... just drove to the coromandel in it and it was like driving a new car.

haha well i did 204ks on 18.4 ltrs so managed 9.02l/100ks which I think is resonable. That was driving normally. I think my problem is I need a long range tank for open road driving.

maybe you can retrofit a South African tank into it and have the auxiliary tank that goes behind the rear passengers seat in the boot, the boot then has a false back. mind you an E30 boot is small enough as it is.. you will be able to get where you want to go but not take any of your sh*t haha

Was this the $1 reserve one on trademe? I was bidding but didn't get a chance to check it over first so I bowed out at 45....

What's it like?

Yep, that's the one. She drives really nice, great sound. I wasn't initially going to bother because thought it would go out of my price range but my girlfriend convinced me to go out and have a look/drive. Glad she did!

Also picked up a warranty with it for 3 years which is just added peace of mind.

But you got balls bidding to $45K on a car you hadn't seen!

Yep, that's the one. She drives really nice, great sound. I wasn't initially going to bother because thought it would go out of my price range but my girlfriend convinced me to go out and have a look/drive. Glad she did!

Also picked up a warranty with it for 3 years which is just added peace of mind.

But you got balls bidding to $45K on a car you hadn't seen!

It's worth $45k all day even of it was a bit rough around the edges. If it was seriously compromised (engine or driveline issue or rust) then you could walk away from it or get the dealer to rectify it.

Good buy though, you can't go wrong there!

It's worth $45k all day even of it was a bit rough around the edges. If it was seriously compromised (engine or driveline issue or rust) then you could walk away from it or get the dealer to rectify it.

Good buy though, you can't go wrong there!

Thanks - I was frankly shocked at the condition (in a good way) when I saw it. As it was $1Res I was expecting a bomb site.. Heh. :rolleyes: