Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Swapped out the leaky shock from the Mrs E36 (VTNZ reckon it was a minor leak but that was massive), took about 3 hours to do and mustered up a custom tool to tighten the top nut.

Yes it did.... fess up boy and tell the true story :D or I will

At least you drove it home from my place

I'm still waiting for true story??

Thought I'd post how I wired in the electric fan in my E34 for future references.

Posted Image

this setup requires you to change to an 80/88c Thermoswitch.

This allows you to retain your AC fan for AC usage.

if you were removing AC entirely it wouldn't matter you could just literally swap the switch then change the fans and plug it in!

My dad's been driving around my 520i and took it for Wof today. Had oil filter changed but Wof failed for something along the lines of:

Wheels are shaking (?), bushings worn or something for the rear two wheels and front left wheel. Description was a little unclear over the phone so I'll have to go check it out at some point next week. This seem like a familiar issue to anyone?

Sounds like reaction arm bushings. Also called control arm bush. Unless 3 out of 4 wheels are buckled (unlikely) then it will probably be these.. Might cost a fair bit so I recommend having a look online for alternative brands instead of OEM.

Could be something else of course but this is my guess without knowing more details

Good news isn't it?

E36 time!

Very true, If i can find one =)

Edited by 5am

drove the purple m3 for the first time in a while. new rear brakes , front shocks, driveshaft coupling, all oils changed , plugs ,engine oil leak sorted, swapped to evo wheels, aircon regassed, ,

changed clutch master and slave cylinders , but still not quite right , might be needing a new clutch , or just the clutch fork pivot bolt etc.

just needs more black and less purple and will be a nice car :)

Well I got my E39 back on the road after sitting for 2 years in storage. Took it for a wof and oil and filter change. Flew through wof registered for 6 months and $50 fuel and a new battery.

$460.00 all up and back on the road - bloody lovely nice car.

Battery was $231 Exide DIN66

Interestingly it was still on hold until 19 August this year so when I registered it online it gave me 7 months rego from the 19 onwards - remember that next time.

would have thought you would need something like a DIN88 850CCA for an e39?

It had a E36 battery in it before with 570CCA so this is a 660 cold crank amp plenty it seems, gets it started even with the park light on around the gear selector for ages and the red light on the rear view flashing if locked all night.

e39s' need DIN88 because of load requirements from gearbox solenoids, control modules and other power requirements. The alternator cant supply the load all of the time especially when its cold. It has nothing to do with cold cranking amps. I found out the hard way when I first bought my e39.

Sorry if it sounded a bit know all but only trying to educate.

Had the Beltronics RX75 (older model) installed into the M3. All runs well!

Install was done by Ryan @ AutoTechInstalls and was very professionally done. If you get work done through his company you know it's the owner always doing it!

Thanks to Rowan for putting me onto him.

Came home from 2 months overseas yesterday to dead battery, got a new one, the original was still in there from 11 years ago. Drove in the garage today and was greeted by a hissing, cracked, and pretty much empty expansion tank and a trail of coolant down the drive. High OBD hadn't flashed up the Low Coolant Level warning and the temp was still normal so hopefully no engine damage, fingers crossed. Tow truck booked for tomorrow morning. Damn, was looking forward to making a bit of a road trip this week!

Had the Beltronics RX75 (older model) installed into the M3. All runs well!

Install was done by Ryan @ AutoTechInstalls and was very professionally done. If you get work done through his company you know it's the owner always doing it!

Thanks to Rowan for putting me onto him.

Nice work!

Care to put up some pictures of the installation?

Nice work!

Care to put up some pictures of the installation?

Thanks ;)

Didn't really take any other than this one..

The radar head is in the front grille on the bumper (under licence plate)

The remote mute is beside the headlight switches.

And the display is as pictured :)

Posted Image

i put in a strut brace :P

not really needed for street use but its another shiny thing to have in my engine bay :D

Did a bit of work on my Engine loom.

Chopped out all the Automatic Transmission parts...

Next to chop out anything else unnecessary, but I think pretty much the rest is needed.

Posted Image

Bout time you did some work sancho!!

e39s' need DIN88 because of load requirements from gearbox solenoids, control modules and other power requirements. The alternator cant supply the load all of the time especially when its cold. It has nothing to do with cold cranking amps. I found out the hard way when I first bought my e39.

Sorry if it sounded a bit know all but only trying to educate.

Hi Josh I hope you read this saves starting a new thread, but the car died last night or wouldn't start again not even the flat battery tick, was going to PM you. As it turned out the positive terminal was loose as, and since I've tightened it all good. Started easy, what is it with DIN88 though correct size terminal? pretty sure I tightened it when I installed was loose as though, why does it need 88?

Thanks ;)

Didn't really take any other than this one..

The radar head is in the front grille on the bumper (under licence plate)

The remote mute is beside the headlight switches.

And the display is as pictured :)

Posted Image

Still pretty warm in Auckland and at night I presume.

Warm to some!

Were lucky to get to 12 in October at mid day down here in swamp country haha.

12 is the heat of summer in Dunedin isn't it?? :P