Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Spent ALL DAY yesterday tracing wires, testing circuits etc etc trying to get the electric release to work on the convertible roof rear lid thing. Finally figured it could only be the switch in the dash. Disassembled switch. Cleaned and reassembled. Repeated process. Googled for clues. Went back to disassembled switch. Reassembled. Disassembled again (getting the picture?) Googled some more. Found a switch at a wrecker in England. Requested a price for said switch. Gave up and watched the cricket :-)

Got car out this morning and started to head down to visit Ray to see if we could bodgy something up. Got 2 k's up the road and remembered isolating switch I installed in the circuit when I was dicking about with the roof mechanism some years back. Remembered also that 3 year old granddaughter loves to play in the "car with no roof," pushing buttons and flicking switches.

Went back home.

Reassembled perfectly fine switch. Installed. Reset isolating switch.

• Like 1

Reassembled perfectly fine switch. Installed. Reset isolating switch.

lurker.gif

if you are surprised it is okay, maybe they just missed it, it does happen. maybe you should get it checked anyway, this is a fairly critical part of the vehicle.

I sent one of my tourings for a VTNZ warrent last week and they missed the rear licence plate lights not working, luckily im not the sort of person that doesnt know thier car.

E39 handbrakes are terrible!

• Like 1

Yeah, apparently it's fine. Vtnz wof, so they check on the rollers. Has new shoes and Is adjusted as much as could be expected.

For $15 bucks from Zebra parts I got a replacement OBC with 11 buttons for my E36, works pretty well, and I finally have a clock again!

photo_6.jpg

• Like 1

Got a wheel alignment. Had -3.1 degree of camber on the rear left and some real goofy toe.

Car now sits nice and flat. She actually sat visibly on the piss when I bought her. Thought one of the rear springs was sagging.

Edited by 740i_Lou

E39 handbrakes are terrible!

When i replaced rotors on mine couldn't get the rear rotors off because the hand brake was on even when off lol had to slacken them off just to get the rotors off, took a few attempts to get the adjustment just right

got some style 115s with good rubber on them ... for $25 a wheel. all in all a good deal. only putting them on once the insurer sorts the car out properly.

Replaced the rear boot shock with brand new items.

No longer have to jam a piece of wood in there every time I want to get the groceries in.

For $15 bucks from Zebra parts I got a replacement OBC with 11 buttons for my E36, works pretty well, and I finally have a clock again!

photo_6.jpg

How do you like Zebra?

• Like 1

today installed new engine mounts,gearbox mounts, swing support bracket ,fanbelt ,alternator rubber bush thingys

some pics

post-2002-0-61639000-1389153273.jpg

post-2002-0-20872700-1389153299.jpg

post-2002-0-99065300-1389153311.jpg

post-2002-0-23428700-1389153326.jpg

My waterpump failed the other day and after an hour long date with a crowbar, this is what popped out. I'm guessing it's the original and I guess it exploded...

post-29-0-23931300-1389483303.jpg

• Like 1

Nasty! I dread things like that getting stuck - once you start, you can't stop!

Put some coolant in it this time too :P

Value of the 330i touring just dropped by $2000 today

post-279-0-79940700-1389486556_thumb.jpg

post-279-0-75037400-1389486590_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nasty! I dread things like that getting stuck - once you start, you can't stop!

Put some coolant in it this time too :P

Haha I know I know. I wasn't running it with it empty but I did empty it because I knew it would all need to be changed so it sat dry for a few days. Now I'm just hoping I got all the shattered plastic out of the engine....

Picked up my car from where it's been parked for the last 2 weeks. Everything went wrong, but I finally got it home and took out the thermostat ready for a replacement tomorrow.

Urethaned the bootlid skin back onto the frame in the E39 - sounds like a BMW again when I close it, instead of a Corolla B)

They're a common failure :rolleyes: Silly Germanians.

Cut and polished the rear hatch on the 1 series... trying to get rid of some deep scratches!

I haven't actually done anything yet but I have ordered a few parts from Turner Motorsport in the US.

The car is a F10 M5 - I've ordered;

Axle back straight pipes - Turner Motorsport version

H & R lowering springs - 1 inch at front - 0.7 inches at rear

Spacers for front (12.5mm) and back (10mm)

Full LED interior light package

Black side grills

Black front grills

Genuine car cover for the M3 CSL

These should be a good start to making the M5 a bit cooler!!

• Like 1

Did you get longer wheel bolts for those spacers???

Did you get longer wheel bolts for those spacers???

Sure did

Test fitted a V8 Vantage rear muffler for my 1UZ V8 E36, seems like it is going to fit quite well!

Need to modify the brackets to hold it in place now, then get the mid section welded up asap, I want to hear this thing!!!

IMG_1610np.jpg
  • Like 2