Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Rewired e36 stereo to use head unit amp after removing amp and sub last year. Wife needs every cm of boot space with little one.

Fuel gauge has been random of late. Pulled out fuel pump and checked wiring again, nothing found , reassembled but fuel gauge working again :wacko:

Cut a bunch of the paint on the E30 with my first real rubbing compound, from Meguiars. Brought oxidised henna red up perfectly.

Vacuumed.

lubed various seat joints etc.

Refitted original 1983 stereo.

Lubed up the interior fan bearings- this E30 has had so little use that the fan had literally seized! Running perfectly now. Next step, testing all engine sensors as she smells rich when running warm.

washed car. drove it for many kays. efficiency is 11l/100kms... rather good for mixed driving . OBC is really useful, with the speed limit gong.

thrashed the e28 m535i around pukekohe race track with some mates ,

turbo e28 , e30 m325i , e36 m3 etc

check out the videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv34q17jLck&feature=youtu.be

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46657-some-track-day-videos-from-pukekohe-today-e28-m5-vs-e28-turbo-vs-e36-m3-e30-m325i-etc/

Finished beating the e30 on Friday night, sanded it all down and prepd it, got dad to prime it today.

post-3659-0-00986400-1383471776_thumb.jp

Edited by bmw335i

another pic, had to jack the front up a touch on stands as it sits too low to paint the guards lol. good times. i'll be blocking it back in afew days getting it ready for some paint.

post-3659-0-08670500-1383471889_thumb.jp

another pic, had to jack the front up a touch on stands as it sits too low to paint the guards lol. good times. i'll be blocking it back in afew days getting it ready for some paint.

#EPIC Love the the wheels on the car

I know it's "only" primer at this stage, but is dust in your garage a big problem for painting? I wet the floor in mine to do a simple aerosol spray for my spoiler and had to do it 3 times due to flecks etc getting into the clearcoat.

Hate to think how it'd be full size with a compressor!

Dust wasn't much of a problem. Gave the garage a good sweep and covered up everything, took the car out onto the driveway and gave it a good blow off. Then pushed it back into the garage for a good prepsol and wipe over. The primer came out quite nice, but I'll be blocking it back omorrow to make sure my panels are nice and straight. then off to work for the proper paint job in a booth in a week or so.

Made use of Aucklands good weather today by tidying up the front end (repainted some bits black, and repaired fiberglass lip for nth time). Still got the valance to go.

post-5113-0-61450200-1383971980_thumb.jp

Made use of Aucklands good weather today by tidying up the front end (repainted some bits black, and repaired fiberglass lip for nth time). Still got the valance to go.

attachicon.gifFront end.jpg

you have that looking really nice mate well done!

fitted new struts in the boot of the E30 Cab, just one strut enough to make it stay open, two new struts and its just like the automatic opening like late model BMWs and Mercs once you press the button haha

(big thanks to John once again for sorting them for me)

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I absolutely love how your RS's look on your car. Are they 15x8? I am currently talking to Street Works about the 16x8's, but am being swayed big time by how nicely the gold 15's look.

cheers guys!

The "RS's" are reps. I thought they were 15x7 et15 (from Mag and Tyre Direct), but certifier measured them as 15x7.5.

Tyre options (i.e selection and price) were the main influences for my decision to stick to 15's.

Cleaned it late last night........................

Then just drove it today, lots - 450kms........longest trip I've done in it.............. :);) Gee but they go well................. :wub:

• Like 1

haha, the texture is because of the protective under seal though…a spray can of under seal plus paint would have done it.

Had all the fuel lines in the engine bay replaced this morning after smelling gas when I started the car. Thank god the leak dripped straight through onto the ground, and not onto anything hot.

Yesterday I tidied up some wiring, got new tyres on the back, Toyo Proxies T1 Sports, and took the car down the 1/4 mile running a best ET of 14.0 @ 98mph, and did 3 runs of 14.1 ranging between 98-100mph.

Rather happy with those times!

Put new fuel pump, new battery and spark plugs in the 540, begged it to start and after a little hesitation it did and idled perfectly. Plugged in code reader picked up a p100 air flow/mass sensor issue, cleared it and it came straight back, so next part to get replaced I guess. Took it for a drive up and down the drive way, was really tempted to go 300meters down the road round the round about and back but I didnt

I want to shoot whoever decided to put a m50 intake on my 328 coupe, I've just spent all afternoon sorting it out as it was a mess. I'm no perfectionist but this work was shoddy and no wonder it ran rough. Wanted to the put the original intake back on but that would have been more hassle that what is was worth.

I plugged the vacuum tube to the EGR with a plastic golf tee.

Hard to tell if it has made a difference, but the car feels more responsive. (Must remember to turn off the ASC if I want to be enthusiastic in future!) I'll give it a week and see how fuel consumption is going.