Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

+1

have you deleted the spare wheel well?

• Like 1

Cheers guys, I think its definitely going to sound the business over the RS4 mufflers.

Yeah Andy, the rear tyre well went middle of 2012 haha, I've had the RS4 mufflers up under there for the a year or so and recently test fitted new mounts for this wide muffler, looks like it will tuck up there nicely.

Cheers guys, I think its definitely going to sound the business over the RS4 mufflers.

Yeah Andy, the rear tyre well went middle of 2012 haha, I've had the RS4 mufflers up under there for the a year or so and recently test fitted new mounts for this wide muffler, looks like it will tuck up there nicely.

i always thought you must have! id delete mine for better mufflers etc but the E34 fuel tank is wrapped around it, its not further forward like E36/E30 etc

• Like 1

i always thought you must have! id delete mine for better mufflers etc but the E34 fuel tank is wrapped around it, its not further forward like E36/E30 etc

Yeah I know, annoying ain't it! I suggested that to someone with a 540i, but that fuel tank arrangement kinda kills that idea.

Got the 535 back on the road with new timing chain components, all shifter bushings replaced and an E28 flywheel. Even nicer to drive now and no more dual mass flywheel rattle.

Got the 535 back on the road with new timing chain components, all shifter bushings replaced and an E28 flywheel. Even nicer to drive now and no more dual mass flywheel rattle.

well done

yea they are nice to drive when well sorted etc eh !!

Put the Style 116s on... makes the E34 touring look 10 years newer. 116s are e60 only, and are a strange looking wheel ... but no complaints, Michelin Pilot Sport 3 rubber is awesome

Weird knock on the E30 that seems to be coming from the shocks, so putting in new front shock inserts. Broke my ball joint separator and split the boot (never buy the Stanley ball joint separator from Supercheap, it is made of cheese). After getting a better one, it all came off alright. Have all the units out and will fit the new shocks tomorrow.

Anyone know if you can get universal ball joint boots that will work okay on an e30?

hvhitavh.z30.jpg

50omm23y.lyq.jpg

dd5j34kd.hv1.jpg

Asked _Matt_ to come over to fix some dodgy headlight wiring on the E30. He fixed it and went home and then I had a beer. Productive afternoon.

Saw my old one on trademe started to cry inside a little and asked for his number so i can buy it back. hopefully =)

Asked _Matt_ to come over to fix some dodgy headlight wiring on the E30. He fixed it and went home and then I had a beer. Productive afternoon.

didn't even offer me one ya ball sack

• Like 2

Removed the parcel shelf, headliner and a, b, and c pillar trims from the M3 in preparation for an interior facelift this week. Messy.

And wow the car is loud without a rear tray or headliner!

+1. Dog of a bloody job eh! Put mine back in minus the cloth liner, fibreglass showers while driving do not do much for one's frame of mind!!

Agreed. Just dropped mine off after scraping all the old crap off it. Looking forward to having it sorted.

Are you getting it re-upolstered? How much?

Picked up a M-sport x-brace from Ray to go on the M3, and new centre rear section (to replace the one with the tape holders lol) console for the e30.

Got the tie rod boots sorted. (thanks for the tip dubman) New front struts installed and all seems good. The steering flex joint seems to be rattling about a bit so i'll order a new one of those.

Rear windscreen seals coming from Schmeidmann for the M3.

Also looking to replace the windscreen cowling on the M3. I know Dave you were looking at this too?

There is a bit of a writeup here (looks easy as) http://www.bimmerdiy.com/diy/e36cowling/ Might see how much the stealership will let them go for. I'll let you know Dave.

• Like 1