Lucan

What'd you do to your BMW today?

Intel CPU cooling fan in far side passenger air vent to supply cooler air to the ECU compartment, Couldn't hurt! (cable in shot is for the USB to trans computer link that rolls up into the glove box) Surface temps of the ECUs were ranging from 40-55 deg on a hot day, when driving harder, so will be interesting to see if the improved air flow will make much difference

123.jpg

Edited by Michael.

Woke up this morning, still half smashed from last night. Brushed teeth, hopped in e36 so I could get to work on time.

This car is the most uncomfortable horrible loose heap of fun I have ever driven. I do not recommend doing this to yours. Unless youre a G as dude like me.

117url0.jpg

Who does this!?!?

• Like 2

Why would I do a silly thing like that!? all the birds love the tuck! especially when I turn around

j8ex.jpg

Pldubs's E36, euroriffics Emfree, and Dingus, The Touring.

Decided as no one wanted to buy the 540's lowering springs, to put them to good use and install them, not an overly fun job as anyone that's done a e39 will tell you

got some "new" rims. 16" ones, off Trademe, picking them up on monday. putting them on only after the issues on the car have been resolved.

Retrimmed parcel tray and discovered I hate spotlight palmy, f**king useless spent an hour sifting through fabric as it was all over the placepost-17370-0-31754700-1388196890_thumb.jbetter then the light purple finish it was

• Like 1

j8ex.jpg

Pldubs's E36, euroriffics Emfree, and Dingus, The Touring.

Looks like the e34 would almost fly up over it monster truck style in a head on

Tinted the windows, YAY!!!!! Well, ok, one of my sons is here for Xmas - he tinted them since I made such a poor attempt on my go at it. Its probably earned him enough brownie points to be 'favourite son' for at least a few days............. :)

Kinda weird though, him doing something for me for a change - that bit is screwing with my head a bit, haha. :D

Ipad mini for Xmas - fits really nicely in dash so wired it up to DICE unit and added a couple of powered USB outlets

post-3258-0-36500500-1388296482_thumb.jp

post-3258-0-29825800-1388296503.jpg

• Like 1

Lol about time, how long ago did u try that

Musta been coupla months ago...............got pi$$ed at it looking rubbish, so ripped it all off again pronto.........as ya do........ :rolleyes:

Today started with giving it a wash, then got it dirty again taking 'favourite son & his partner' down to Welly airport..............

Musta been coupla months ago...............got pi$$ed at it looking rubbish, so ripped it all off again pronto.........as ya do........ :rolleyes:

Today started with giving it a wash, then got it dirty again taking 'favourite son & his partner' down to Welly airport..............

should have invited yourself over for a beer mate

• Like 1

Grinded 2mm off the top of 20 wheels bolts so they didn't sit proud of the 20mm spacers for the e46. Went to bring the car in to fit them then reaslised the missus took the key with her and was away for the day .... So went upstairs and made a sandwich

• Like 1

Did this to the V12 yesterday

IMG_0971_zpseb998e67.jpg

Link to the project thread is in my signature

and then today i lowered the E30 front and back with some Eibach/Bilstein gear that i brought for my 316i i used to have and never ended up fitting.

but too overcast today and photos have come out like crap so another time. Supposed to be about 1.8"F/1.4"R but is more like 2.0"F/1.6"R

• Like 1

Went for a 100km round trip to Maraetai for breakfast this morning.

Disassembled and cleaned up, the front suspension, brake caliper and pad on the front LHS. Also gave the wheel a decent clean, still have yet to do the front RHS.

Took for a wof, failed on split steering rack boot. Surprised hand brake was ok, and condensation in headlight passed. Picking up new boot and ps reservoir seal tomorrow from jg.

Took for a wof, failed on split steering rack boot. Surprised hand brake was ok, and condensation in headlight passed. Picking up new boot and ps reservoir seal tomorrow from jg.

if you are surprised it is okay, maybe they just missed it, it does happen. maybe you should get it checked anyway, this is a fairly critical part of the vehicle.

I sent one of my tourings for a VTNZ warrent last week and they missed the rear licence plate lights not working, luckily im not the sort of person that doesnt know thier car.