Sign in to follow this  
MD13

Wow...

seems worth it. dealmaker for me is the bonnet mounted gauges on a rearengined car, a subwoofer mounted behind the engine, and a checkerplate front airdamn

hmmm.. came 5th in autosaloon contest.... really?? how f'd up was the lineup then lol

did the 6 year old design it?

i dont mind mr2s but one with airbags , instantly kills the purpose of these cars ..we wont talk about the rest lol

I reckon the 5th placing was the judges just feeling sorry for them.

Dash doubles as a sleeping bag if it breaks down.

Do not want.

ahhh auto salon cars .. had a few friends in them, and even win them for NZ. its funny how the show car fad died. I always wondered what happened to the cars afterwards .. I guess a few unfortunately were stored and kept.

These sorts of car were where "gets lots of looks" trade me ads came from.

Would cost a bit to scrape all that fibreglass and bog off it and restore it unfortunately.

As above, these kind of modifications were all the rage in the late 90's - back in the days of the 'Shark' Diamante, Barbie e36 M3 (pre-drag) and even Ketzel's widebody MR2 (a bit more on-topic for this post).

They may look out of place now, but given the length of ownership (16 years) chances are the mods were period-specific for that confusing era.

Yeah I owned a MR2 GT about 10 years ago. Fun car to drive - mid engine rear wheel drive. But as pointed out it's like someone vomited crap all over this one! I reckon there might have only been 5 cars at that Auto Salon...

Aside from the air dam and that weird bonnet hump I really don't understand putting a sub behind the engine in the boot. Can't think you'd hear it unless the car was stopped and the bootlid was open...

ahhh auto salon cars .. had a few friends in them, and even win them for NZ.

Was scary what people spent on them too. I remember a mate of a mate had some mega Celica and he spent well over 100k making it more useless. Was all about bigger wheels, bigger sounds and bigger dyno results.

They must look back now and cringe at how much they wasted... the guy I know of still lives at home with his mum and is probably still paying his 18's off that cost 10k in 2000.

Hmmm I can only assume the checkerplate front lip is for actually driving it with demolishing the bumper, and it comes off before you let anyone see it!

Don't quite see the point in the snorkles when the pod filter is sticking out the side of the car???

ahhh auto salon cars .. had a few friends in them, and even win them for NZ. its funny how the show car fad died. I always wondered what happened to the cars afterwards .. I guess a few unfortunately were stored and kept.

These sorts of car were where "gets lots of looks" trade me ads came from.

Would cost a bit to scrape all that fibreglass and bog off it and restore it unfortunately.

Shady has/had one of them iirc

Don't quite see the point in the snorkles when the pod filter is sticking out the side of the car???

there was so much to take in i didnt spot that lolol

Aside from the fact that yes; I remember when this sort of style/car was de rigueur c.2000, are those stockings on the rear lights?!!

Those wheels used to be IT in their day. I can almost remember what they are called.

Aside from the fact that yes; I remember when this sort of style/car was de rigueur c.2000, are those stockings on the rear lights?!!

Those wheels used to be IT in their day. I can almost remember what they are called.

G-zeros haha

Looks like the wife is sucking the life out of one mans dream .

Regardless of taste it is indeed a sad moment. No doubt he'll be nuted after kid number 2 , the MR2 will be replaced by a people mover and his childhood collection wheatbix cards will be sold on TM to the highest bidder.

One minute silence guys for a fellow man that has his dream sold.

:rolleyes::blink::wacko::rolleyes::blink::wacko::o Thats all

That Inspire of Shady's must have been for sale for over a year now..

After a year I'd be like... FML cut losses Take any silly offer or $1 reserve it.

Regardless of taste it is indeed a sad moment. No doubt he'll be nuted after kid number 2 , the MR2 will be replaced by a people mover and his childhood collection wheatbix cards will be sold on TM to the highest bidder.

Good point. That comment about the weetbix cards sounds like a personal recollection...

That right there would be the undeniable truth.

The quilted dash is a masterstroke. No more easy-to-clean, vinyl dash. Now a delightful padded jacket that's dry clean only. Magic.

Edited by jeffbebe