Sign in to follow this  
jjs

$25k weekend toy - ideas?

0-100 km in less than 3 seconds , 10.x quarters , Circa 300kmh top speed

, in your price range .... one of these

You forgot to mention BRAND NEW. It's what I'd do no sweat. (Although I'm more a GSXR fan).

Jesustittyf**kingchrist yes!

There is nothing like the fear of god that a high power Kwaka puts in you right after you realise just how fast it's still picking up revs, what gear you are in, and how far over the wrong side of the speed limit you are....

And the chicks dig them.

Edit: Although where is the purple paint? Can't have a green bike with no purple on it.

Edited by elmarco

Make great weekend toys ! Very rewarding if riden well. GSXR's another great option.

I have about three years ago, a 98 Boxster 2.5 manual NZ New. Not sure on servicing as I made sure it was done prior, but it can't be too much more than a BMW? I know they're cheaper than a 911.

Actually 986 and 996 C2 and C4 share the same parts. However you can save a lot by taking your car to an indie instead of OPC.

I also do a lot of work myself, these cars are easier to work with compared to my E60. I have changed A/C condenser (involved taking front bumper off), rear pads, air and cabin filter. I can even change the engine mounts myself.

Buy parts from the UK (design911.co.uk) and get OEM not genuine Porsche for more saving.

Cost me ~$550 for yearly service + brake fluid service + drive belt replacement at OPC which is very comparable to BMW dealer prices. I did supply the oil myself, 9l of Mobil 1 5W50 (Repco) with genuine Porsche filter from the UK ($20?).

Edited by 318Touring

Actually 986 and 996 C2 and C4 share the same parts.

Rear axle & setup's are different, gearbox is different, engine is different, from the dash forward they are the same but there isn't a massive amount to go wrong dash forward.

Rear axle & setup's are different, gearbox is different, engine is different, from the dash forward they are the same but there isn't a massive amount to go wrong dash forward.

I meant servicing parts.

Has anyone seen this Boxster around AKL? I think this is one of the hottest Boxsters I've seen...

lol I believe that belongs to a car dealer at the end of my road, I see it everyday, it's usually dirty and I personally think its terrible.

lol I believe that belongs to a car dealer at the end of my road, I see it everyday, it's usually dirty and I personally think its terrible.

+1

matte is so last year

back to the toy, I know this can't be roof down but it has sun roof. plenty of performance and comfort.

something like a Merc CL500 from 00-01, quick search on trademe came up and handful of those.

I think you should build your own for that money.

e30 v8

Aj's one just sold for around $13K. Was massive amount of fun. Would have been even better in an BMW vert.

Not a fan of Boxters. They look down syndrome.

Not a fan of Boxters. They look down syndrome.

1st gen you mean. (agreed)

the later ones look good.

I want to get one for the wife (by that I mean secretly me) in a few years.

I think you should build your own for that money.

e30 v8

not to be down on you guys(lots of respect in fact) but i would have absolutely no interest in building a car

not to be down on you guys(lots of respect in fact) but i would have absolutely no interest in building a car

Get someone else to do it. It wouldn't cost that much to do if you lined it up right.

Reason I say this, is took a spin in Crazy Arabs 325 with m60b40 and it was a monster. Bucket loads of satisfying torque down low for such a lite weight car. We had three of us in the car and it still threw us back in the seats.

Its far cheaper than doing an s50 for similar fun. And the noise .....

You would be a very happy person at the other end of it.

Hell hit CrazyArab up he may even sell his to you ?

^ Indeed, it's exactly why I did what I have to my E36, it's my (nearly 25k) weekend toy, and unlike a factory car you just can't go out and buy another one, you have to put one together yourself or get someone to do it.

Besides, after considering many cars I finally got bored of not finding something that interested me long term, and that could be a unique project, until I realized I could incorporate my favorite engine & chassis together, the results speak for themselves - I'm as happy as Larry!

If I went for an E30 it would need to a be a 100% stock 325i facelift cabriolet.

DC5 Type R if you're going jappa.

Please supply us with a result? I'm kinda dying to know what you have on your driveway!

Nothing as yet. Keeping my eye out for a good NZ new Boxster 2.7 or 3.2. Will keep you posted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-3-Serie...#ht_1752wt_1165

Might be awesome? pretty much everything u asked for? Only shipping might make it a deal killer

Loving your idea of a "100% Stock" Facelift convertible!

Nice car though, if it has been done well. Would have to remove the M3 badge from the boot - worst imaginable crime. <_<

Edited by E30 325i Rag-Top