Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

E39 540i Touring

That 'should' get snapped up quickly at that kind of price as long as it's been looked after

Edited by Mr2low

Oh, I wish...

Is there such a thing as an E34 540i Touring with a manual 'box? If there is, I had best start saving!

Oh, I wish...

Is there such a thing as an E34 540i Touring with a manual 'box? If there is, I had best start saving!

yes mine :) and with a 4.4L m62

On Style 5s too, nice. Would be a bit nervous about 300,000 ks though :mellow: Sure, with excellent maintenance most engines will go almost forever, but the M6x is a reasonably complex piece of kit and not overly forgiving if it's not been loved. All things considered I'd be terribly tempted were it north of the strait!

There was a black one in Auckland 18 months ago for around $7500-8000 with 180kms on it. Seem to remember Brent said they had a terrible ride. Looks like the company one that used to be next door to me, had a BSxxxx plate from memory.

"Sold as is where is" - these words usually make me think the seller knows there is some kind of problem but doesn't want to disclose it. Usually puts me off a sale but thats just me.

heaps problem of E39.fsu,telephone,nav,pcv.self leveling,suspension.

ps:i hate that cream leatherm,and hard to find black leather replace it.

Not every one has to drive around in shitty Auckland traffic

Nope, they don't but saying you get significantly better round town fuel economy than BMW's stats when the car was new is wayward at best and dishonest at worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lie!cross town about 14.5L/100km

My fuelly.com average is at 14.6 mostly city driving! (Of course i didn't buy it for the good economy!) :) same spec as the one in the listing, might even be the same colour!

My fuelly.com average is at 14.6 mostly city driving! (Of course i didn't buy it for the good economy!) :) same spec as the one in the listing, might even be the same colour!

You have massive, heavy feet though!

To be fair, it wouldn't take a genius to get better economy than you do :lol: . I know how oftern you buy tyres :P

Mines 12, ave speed 50 odd kph. Town and open road. Dont think it's that bad a claim but dont know Rangiora.

Mines 12, ave speed 50 odd kph. Town and open road. Dont think it's that bad a claim but dont know Rangiora.

Rangiora still doesnt have any traffic lights, well not last I was there. Thought it would be better than 12 but depends how often they are in Christchurch and sit in traffic.

Edited by Gaz

Fuel Consumption - MPG - Economy - Efficiency : 8.9L / 18.2L / 12.3L (19 mpg) Range : 569 Km Fuel Tank Capacity : 70 L

That's what BMW said when it was new. 8.9L/100 highway, 18.2 city and 12.3 mixed. I'd be lucky to get 15L with mostly city driving in Auckland. If I do half highway, half city I get around 13-14L/100. I'd expect it to be a little less efficient after 14 years. I think a lot of the people who claim very low fuel consumptions with big engines probably don't check how accurate their dash readings are.

Doesn't bother me, but saying 12L/100 with town driving sets an unreasonable expectation IMO.

Edited by jeffbebe

You have massive, heavy feet though!

To be fair, it wouldn't take a genius to get better economy than you do :lol: . I know how oftern you buy tyres :P

True, but if i was worried about the fuel economy i would drive a 318is...;)

True, but if i was worried about the fuel economy i would drive a 318is... ;)

Or a 320d... :D

• Like 1

Or a 320d... :D

I'm thinking i might get a diesel when i grow up!!:)

By the time i get sick of the e39 there should be some seriously good diseasels around for reasonable money, mmmmm torque!

I'm thinking i might get a diesel when i grow up!! :)

By the time i get sick of the e39 there should be some seriously good diseasels around for reasonable money, mmmmm torque!

Not just torque...

The 330d can be readily tuned for over 300bhp. :DB)